#181 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,601 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:29 PM

Wow this thread went to crap.I been on the Allen bus since last April and thought from watching him play he was around 4.5.while not impressed with his 40 today the muscles around the knee are not back at 100%.he plays a lot faster then what he ran today. Everything I read read also said he impressed with the field drills, but I got to say I am a tad disappointed in his 40 time.

#182 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,947 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:31 PM

#183 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:33 PM

Wow this thread went to crap.I been on the Allen bus since last April and thought from watching him play he was around 4.5.while not impressed with his 40 today the muscles around the knee are not back at 100%.he plays a lot faster then what he ran today. Everything I read read also said he impressed with the field drills, but I got to say I am a tad disappointed in his 40 time.

That's all I'm saying. i like the player but that 40' time sucks and makes me have concerns.

#184 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,010 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:36 PM

WTF! I swear............ NVM.
I saw your name and quit.

OMG someone doesnt agree with me, let me throw my hands up. Allen is damaged goods. I would hope carolina has learned their lesson about drafting players with pre-existing injuries. I prefer Hopkins over Allen and Austin. I just dont like him at #14, if they stick with pick 14, then they shouldnt go WR.

#185 poorboysrev

poorboysrev

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:10 PM

You did nothing to dispute the fact that Allen's QB is utter poo compared to Hopkins'.....

Because that is obvious so why would I argue that? My point was that Hopkins would be playing with Cam who is much better than Boyd so why assume he couldn't excel? Growl's post I was answering said Keenan was superior to Hopkins in every way. My argument is that A)Hopkins didn't just have a major knee injury that is STILL a problem B) He had a huge, productive year, Allen did not. C) Hopkins is faster. Those are undisputable facts just like Maynard is a shitty QB. For some reason you think the shitty QB excuse trumps everything else...like health, performance, and speed. But no you're right all of my reasons are bullshit. It's fair to have concerns about Allen's knee especially since he was already not the fastest guy. If Allen was anyone else besides you and Growl's BFF then you would say the same thing,

#186 poorboysrev

poorboysrev

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:21 PM

That's all I'm saying. i like the player but that 40' time sucks and makes me have concerns.

Right. How is it unreasonable to prefer for our number 14 pick to run faster than a 4.7 and not still have a bum knee? That's not bashing a guy, it's a valid concern. The Allen fanclub is sounding as bad as the Patterson club from a month back, well maybe not that bad.
If we are going to take a guy who had a bad injury then take Hunter. At least he's fully recovered. 6'4 and fast with the catch radius you pointed out earlier. Best blend of production and upside.

#187 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,231 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:38 PM

Because that is obvious so why would I argue that? My point was that Hopkins would be playing with Cam who is much better than Boyd so why assume he couldn't excel? Growl's post I was answering said Keenan was superior to Hopkins in every way. My argument is that A)Hopkins didn't just have a major knee injury that is STILL a problem B) He had a huge, productive year, Allen did not. C) Hopkins is faster. Those are undisputable facts just like Maynard is a shitty QB. For some reason you think the shitty QB excuse trumps everything else...like health, performance, and speed. But no you're right all of my reasons are bullshit. It's fair to have concerns about Allen's knee especially since he was already not the fastest guy. If Allen was anyone else besides you and Growl's BFF then you would say the same thing,

Allen is far from my BFF dude. I hated him every year he was at Cal because he was the only threat they had against USC. Now I want him on my team because I know how talented he is as I've been watching him for three years now....

#188 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,425 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:38 PM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000158580/article/keenan-allen-clocks-471-in-40-mayock-doesnt-care

"Let me preface the whole 40-yard conversation with this," Mayock told NFL Network's "Path to the Draft."

"Three months ago, I said -- if you watch this kid on tape -- if you like him, he's Anquan Boldin. If you don't like him, he's speed-deficient. So I don't really care what he runs in the 40. On tape, to me, he's a 4.55 guy all day long."

Mayock called Allen's 40 results "not a good time," but scouts and coaches told him they expect Allen to be faster down the road. What he gives you, according to Mayock, is "a big, powerful, wide receiver" who might go anywhere from No. 25 to No. 45 in the 2013 NFL Draft.

"I believe in his toughness and his hands," Mayock said, confirming that he would, indeed, "bang the table" for Allen (and in Mayock's universe, that's a compliment of the highest order).

#189 DoubleTrouble34

DoubleTrouble34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:45 PM

Again, Anquan Boldin is a 4.7 guy.....

I don't think he's quite that sort of player. Boldin is more compact and strong, Allen is tall and relatively thin.

#190 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,425 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:46 PM

that 40 time is going to be a concern, but only a minor one taken with a grain of salt because most who were there employed by teams are going to understand that he's still not at 100% but they all know he'll be faster when it matters and I'm sure they saw in that workout what really matters, which was his ability to catch and run routes and make the cuts he needs to.

teams looking for a burner won't like him, but that was never him anyway. teams just looking for an incredibly reliable and well-rounded and polished receiver who can do it all and do it all well will continue to like him.

#191 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

I would take Allen at 14 all day and his 40 time does not scare me a bit as its 2 tents of a second from making everyone bust a nut over him.
The dude has been rehabbing not practicing a 40 time to impress Carolina huddle posters.

Did someone really just compare him to Dwayne Jarrett, wtf?

I'm not sure if it was in this thread or another but those of you knocking hill Keenans hands and then praising the hands of Hopkins have not watched anything other than highlights.

I like Hopkins but of all the top WR's being discussed he has more drops than any of them and that's a fact not an opinion.

#192 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,343 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:58 PM

He may still be on the board at 44. In any event, I think his slide has already begun.

It may get very interesting for us the first couple of rounds if Allen is still there at 44.

#193 DoubleTrouble34

DoubleTrouble34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:08 PM

Keenan Allen Pro Day Vids

Looks like ha had some trouble getting out of his break in the last video

#194 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 3,062 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:12 PM

LOL

Dude, you're biased as hell. I'm admittedly biased toward Hopkins - he's the guy I want. But to act like what you've stated is factual while dismissing anything to the contrary doesn't make you seem very intelligent. Your opinion does not equal fact. Other than black and white measurements, workout numbers and stats, there are no facts in scouting. It's all opinion.

Boyd ain't gonna be a 1st rounder.

Boyd is very much in play in the first round, could have came out this year. do your research sir.

#195 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,231 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:12 PM

I don't think he's quite that sort of player. Boldin is more compact and strong, Allen is tall and relatively thin.

I was talking about the way they both utilize their route running to create enough separation to make plays.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com