327 replies to this topic

#256 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:08 PM

I think he is much better with the ball in his hands.
Consensus is he runs really good routes (not sure if Lafell is known for his crisp route tree).

Other than that, he doesn't imo bring anything significantly more. That's why I am not really against him more along the lines of I don't think he brings anything significantly better to the equation. Austin, Patterson types would bring the "Oh S#$$" game changing ability with the ball in their hands. I think that type of explosiveness would take our offense to the next level.

We were already at a pretty high level on offense when the OC didn't have his head up his ass.

#257 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:18 PM

He does not look like a 4.7 guy to me

#258 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,963 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:27 PM

http://youtu.be/Z700g-sndZ4

Are you Mike Mayock or an expert so we should put stock in what you think? Or are you just a fan like the rest of us who has little clue what they are really watching..........

Sorry but I get real tired of people posting a video and acting like some kind of expert or giving their opinion or analysis as if it is legitimate.

And no I don't do that or think of myself as anything but a fan. I listen to the experts and those i trust like Gil Brandt for example and form my opinion from reading them. I don't pretend as if I am one and I don't do mock drafts either for that matter.

#259 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:28 PM

I think his knee is still effecting him. He looks like a 4.5 guy on tape.

#260 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:47 PM

at the 6:36 mark he does.

#261 nagai

nagai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:07 AM

Precisely. You guys need to watch Mayock's reaction to the workout.

http://www.nfl.com/v...n-Allen-pro-day

Basically, his knee is healthy now, but it takes a while for the explosive athleticism to return. Scouts all agree that he's a 4.55 guy on tape and so that's how he'll be judged.

#262 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:35 AM

Precisely. You guys need to watch Mayock's reaction to the workout.

http://www.nfl.com/v...n-Allen-pro-day

Basically, his knee is healthy now, but it takes a while for the explosive athleticism to return. Scouts all agree that he's a 4.55 guy on tape and so that's how he'll be judged.

I think the same thing happen to Gettis last year. i don't think he fully trust that Knee and came back to early.

#263 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,215 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:19 AM

Put a Dewayne Jarrett college video up n say he plays like he is 4.5...seperating is seperating.

#264 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:42 AM

Are you Mike Mayock or an expert so we should put stock in what you think? Or are you just a fan like the rest of us who has little clue what they are really watching..........

Sorry but I get real tired of people posting a video and acting like some kind of expert or giving their opinion or analysis as if it is legitimate.

And no I don't do that or think of myself as anything but a fan. I listen to the experts and those i trust like Gil Brandt for example and form my opinion from reading them. I don't pretend as if I am one and I don't do mock drafts either for that matter.

I never thought of trying to be a Mayock on here so I don't see why you're butthurt. Only reason why you'd be mad is if you dislike Keenan and the video does show that he doesn't look like a 4.7 guy. I myself also form my opinion from experts that i trust like Mayock. and Mayock have clearly said he's been clocked at 4.5. So go cry about it.

#265 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:43 AM

I think he's a 4.5 guy on the field also. Don't think he's any faster than that.

#266 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:45 AM

Put a Dewayne Jarrett college video up n say he plays like he is 4.5...seperating is seperating.

Fans get carried away so much by the speed. Speed is not what separate receivers from defenders. It's the little things like running good routes.You can have all the speed you want. If you can create space, you can't create space.

#267 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:23 AM

What a hypocritical post. Mayock is one of the experts your refering to and he's said Allen is a 4.5 guy on tape. Chuck posted his opinion and did not pass it off as factual. He did a good thing by posting a video to support his opinion. You comparing him to Dwayne Jarett is ludicrous and you act like that's a fact as if your some expert.

If you listen to the experts like Brandt who has Allen as his number 1 receiver in his hot 100 piece btw then you would not suggest such off base statements.

If you don't want to hear fans opinions then what are you doing here?

#268 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,963 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:24 AM

I never thought of trying to be a Mayock on here so I don't see why you're butthurt. Only reason why you'd be mad is if you dislike Keenan and the video does show that he doesn't look like a 4.7 guy. I myself also form my opinion from experts that i trust like Mayock. and Mayock have clearly said he's been clocked at 4.5. So go cry about it.

No I don't have strong feeling about Allen one way or the other and my opinion isn't that important. I don't believe that a guy who has never been timed in college running a 4.5 on a track with no impedence runs faster on the field with full equipment dodging defenders. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. Mayock is like everyone else, he decides what he likes and then fits the circumstances to defend his choices. He has all over Allen for awhile so when he runs slow, Mayock makes excuses. Just like when he didn't like Cam and Cam did so well, he made excuses the whole time he grudgingly admitted he was wrong. They all do it to save their reputation.

#269 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,276 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:29 AM

FWIW He is listed at 4.56 on his recruiting profile. And he DOES look like a mid 4.5 guy on the field....

http://rivals.yahoo....nan-Allen-81728

#270 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:30 AM

No I don't have strong feeling about Allen one way or the other and my opinion isn't that important. I don't believe that a guy who has never been timed in college running a 4.5 on a track with no impedence runs faster on the field with full equipment dodging defenders. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. Mayock is like everyone else, he decides what he likes and then fits the circumstances to defend his choices. He has all over Allen for awhile so when he runs slow, Mayock makes excuses. Just like when he didn't like Cam and Cam did so well, he made excuses the whole time he grudgingly admitted he was wrong. They all do it to save their reputation.

Mayock said Keenan been clocked at 4.5. Where are you gettig your info from? Lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com