• Please log in to reply
327 replies to this topic

#171 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Keep Pounding...all the way to...the draft! :D

• LocationNC
SUPPORTER

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:07 PM

God forbid Mike Mayock like many of us here didn't think much of Newton. Much less agreed with him at the time about Gabbert. Some of you act like you don't make mistakes at all. Mayock is often right than wrong. I'll take his word more seriously than any of you any given day.

Funny how Mayocks credibility is question with the old " Mayock thought Gabbert was better gaiz" argument. LOL man..

#172 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationAt the lake
HUDDLER

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:07 PM

Keenan is worth the no.14 pick from what I've saw of his few Pro day highlights today.
Many on here havent seen anything other than twitter, etc. Dont let his slow speed scare you away. Remember he's still not 100% healthy. His route running was also amazing.

Doing well at a pro-day is expected. Everything is geared for him to perform at his best. He does what he wants to do, avoids things that will make him look limited. He is catching the ball with no defenders on him and running all the routes he has practiced for the last several weeks. The only news is when a guy looks bad in his pro day or in his case runs poorly. Pro days are really a joke. If we want him we will bring him in for a physical and to put through our drills. That will tell us what we need to know. That and the tape we can find of him from his sophomore and junior years. I really doubt we draft him at 14. Sorry to disagree with all the Allen fans who have beating his drum for weeks. But I said if he ran between 4.6 and 4.7 it would raise flags. Since he ran between 4.7 and 4.8 it raised even more flags. We have linebackers much faster than him.

#173 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:09 PM

I'm gonna see if I can link this NFLN piece on him in the OP if it comes available.

Interesting to note that three guys in this segment-including Mayock and Casserly, both respected guys-have clocked him at 4.55 on tape.

It'd be a real shame if he slipped and the rich got richer.

#174 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• LocationAt the lake
HUDDLER

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:10 PM

God forbid Mike Mayock like many of us here didn't think much of Newton. Much less agreed with him at the time about Gabbert. Some of you act like you don't make mistakes at all. Mayock is often right than wrong. I'll take his word more seriously than any of you any given day.

Funny how Mayocks credibility is question with the old " Mayock thought Gabbert was better gaiz" argument. LOL man..

The point is that Mayock is right at times but also wrong. I threw that in so that we wouldn't have to hear why we should draft him because Mayock likes him. Of course I would take his word over mine but that is like saying I would take Jim Kramer over me when picking stocks. Doesn't mean he is right all the time or that we should accept his opinion as correct.

#175 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

Señor Member

HUDDLER

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:12 PM

Yeah, with the slow 40 time, we might be able to move down, recoup a 3rd, and still get him. Which I would be happy with. If we're going receiver, Austin is at the top of my list then Allen slightly behind. I'm not all that jazzed on Cordarelle.

#176 sam_randallusa

sam_randallusa

NOT NEWB

ROOKIE

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:16 PM

Just seen some of Keenan's pro day highlights and an interview from the local Greensboro channel 8 news.
The kid looked really good. Better than what I've read from some of the posts on here.
Didn't see Keenan made any body catches from the few highlights. All great hands grabbed and made an amazing one handed catch. Well worth the no.14 pick for sure.

I totally agree with you!
- Great weapon Cam

#177 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• LocationAt the lake
HUDDLER

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

I'm gonna see if I can link this NFLN piece on him in the OP if it comes available.

Interesting to note that three guys in this segment-including Mayock and Casserly, both respected guys-have clocked him at 4.55 on tape.

It'd be a real shame if he slipped and the rich got richer.

How much of that was post injury? Who is say he will be back 100%. You would think that Hogan, Gettis and Davis would give any Panther fan pause when assuming that all guys come back from knee injuries 100% with no problems.

He will slip because there are questions and you want better at 14 than maybes or he will eventually be 100%.

#178 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

You tell them Ivan!
The only person Ive ever trusted is Mayock and Mayock ONLY!
Hes often right than wrong. Take it or leave it.

#179 chknwing

chknwing

SUPPORTER

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:22 PM

Just seen some of Keenan's pro day highlights and an interview from the local Greensboro channel 8 news.
The kid looked really good. Better than what I've read from some of the posts on here.
Didn't see Keenan made any body catches from the few highlights. All great hands grabbed and made an amazing one handed catch. Well worth the no.14 pick for sure.

only 1 one handed catch? Hopkins made 33 consecutively.

#180 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

only 1 one handed catch? Hopkins made 33 consecutively.

WTF! I swear............ NVM.
I saw your name and quit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users