#106 Panthers69473

Panthers69473

THE HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:28 AM

Def pass on a wr that runs a 4.7 and body catches...posession wr or not you need some sort of speed to play in the nfl

#107 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,140 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:28 AM

Def pass on a wr that runs a 4.7 and body catches...posession wr or not you need some sort of speed to play in the nfl

Again, Anquan Boldin is a 4.7 guy.....

#108 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,131 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:30 AM

I didn't say that 40 times were irrelevant, I said that I'm not usually a guy that makes a big deal about them. It seems to be a trend of yours to conveniently twist the words and opinions of others into what you want them to be. The only time I make a big deal out of 40 times is when they're an outlying statistic - crazy fast or crazy slow. In terms of NFL WRs, Allen's falls into the crazy slow category.

What have you shown to be untrue? You continue to tout opinions as facts. You have shown a clear and demonstrable lack of understanding of the difference between the two.

And you continue to resist factual arguments against your stated opinion as an excuse to not being forced to accept them.

There is nothing about opinionated about Keenan Allen missing games with injury. There is nothing opinonated about Tahj Boyd being a good QB and Maynard being terrible. These are well documented facts thats you are trying to oppose for no other reason than they provide an unfortunate roadblock to your inital argument, and, quite frankly, demonstrate that overall knowledge of the situation is limited.

You can stick your fingers in your ears all you like and sing "LALALALALALA" as loud as you want, but at the end of the day, the sky is still blue.

#109 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,131 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:30 AM

body catches? lol

#110 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:31 AM

I didn't say that 40 times were irrelevant, I said that I'm not usually a guy that makes a big deal about them. It seems to be a trend of yours to conveniently twist the words and opinions of others into what you want them to be. The only time I make a big deal out of 40 times is when they're an outlying statistic - crazy fast or crazy slow. In terms of NFL WRs, Allen's falls into the crazy slow category.

What have you shown to be untrue? You continue to tout opinions as facts. You have shown a clear and demonstrable lack of understanding of the difference between the two.

Allen is definitely not "crazy slow" and you can see that just from his highlights, if anything he wasnt even 100% percent today considering his injury. Trainers said today he was only about 75% in his surrounding muscles of his knee.

#111 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,131 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:33 AM

I have more credibility than you will hope to get. I don't give a fug about you being mean. I think it's ridiculous at times, but that's your problem. The fact is, you are wrong. Period. You can't even acknowledge it. It's shameful. Keenan Allen is NOT renowned for his hands. He just isn't. He may have one of the best catching radius' of the receiving class but that is a height and body control talent, which is something I did praise him for. However, his hands are mediocre, he won't fight for tough yardage like you would want, and he won't blow the top off of a defense. These are not qualities that would allow him to be regarded as the best prospect in the class. He is of no kin to you, so quit defending the man's flaws.

When a person is willing to come down to the nitty gritty and refuse to accept the truth to avoid being wrong, this is what you get folks.

"I don't care what the entire world says!! YOu're wrong I say, WRRROOOONNNGG!"

lol

#112 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,586 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:34 AM

And you continue to resist factual arguments against your stated opinion as an excuse to not being forced to accept them.

There is nothing about opinionated about Keenan Allen missing games with injury. There is nothing opinonated about Tahj Boyd being a good QB and Maynard being terrible. These are well documented facts thats you are trying to oppose for no other reason than they provide an unfortunate roadblock to your inital argument, and, quite frankly, demonstrate that overall knowledge of the situation is limited.

You can stick your fingers in your ears all you like and sing "LALALALALALA" as loud as you want, but at the end of the day, the sky is still blue.

What FACTS have you stated? Please, point them out. You continue to tout opinions as fact.

The only fact I see here is that Allen missed games due to injury.

You then go on to clearly state an opinion as fact - a popular opinion, but none the less an opinion. I share the opinion that Maynard is terrible, but I don't think Boyd isn't as good as you make him out to be - an opinion supported by the fact that he was given a 2cd day draft grade by the advisory committee.

I don't know how you expect anyone to take you seriously when you continue to cloud the difference between fact and opinion.

#113 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:35 AM

Little scared off by the 40 time...was that slower than Dwayne Jarrett??? He runs good routes and has some move when he has the ball. That 40 makes a difference though, anyone who says that doesn't change things some is just set in their ways and showing complete refusal to acknowledge that speed is an important component of being a great WR.

#114 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,637 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:37 AM

Let's see, Allen has injury and separation concerns. What happens? He runs a 4.7 and reveals that his knee (85% healthy) hindered him a bit.

#115 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,637 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:39 AM

What FACTS have you stated? Please, point them out. You continue to tout opinions as fact.

You then go on to clearly state an opinion as fact - a popular opinion, but none the less an opinion. I share the opinion that Maynard is terrible, but I don't think Boyd isn't as good as you make him out to be - an opinion supported by the fact that he was given a 2cd day draft grade by the advisory committee.

I don't know how you expect anyone to take you seriously when you continue to cloud the difference between fact and opinion.

Don't bother with Growl. He's (the ego-manic) always right and everyone that disagrees with him is wrong.

#116 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,131 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:39 AM

Keenan Allen Scouting reports

What He Does Well: Allen Is a big bodied WR with excellent hands and route running ability. Those are his primary assets as a player. He stands 6′ 2″ 210 lbs and he plays a bit bigger than that

• Consistently gets separation
  • Route-running
  • Very quick and sudden
  • Strong; can push defensive backs around
  • Beats defensive backs for contested catches
  • Quick feet
  • Phenomenal possession receiver
  • Excellent body control to make tough sideline catches
  • Good hands
  • Long-legged, reliable No. 1 receiver prospect. Runs solid slants, crossers, speed outs and vertical routes. Good height to win jump balls downfield, will attack the ball in the air with his hands and has good ball skills overall.
  • Allen has great hands and consistently grabs the ball away from his body. Lacks high-end top speed and does not have break-away speed. He is the type of receiver who can make something happen after the catch and looks to turn it upfield.
There's four different scouting reports suggesting that Allen catches the ball well. Do I need to dig up more? Or should I just accept that every single other person is wrong and 1986 is right?
Hate those tough decisions.

#117 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,140 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:41 AM

Rob Rang's calling you a liar....

Strengths: Has a long, tapered build with prototypical height for the position. Very good all-around athlete. Good initial quickness, balance and lateral agility. Is a smooth accelerator with sneaky build-up speed. Natural big play threat who isn't afraid of contact and has very good vision and patience to set up blocks. Rarely allows passes to get past his hands and into his chest. Typically snatches passes out of the air, showing very good hand-eye coordination and a wide catching radius due to his length, flexibility and big hands. Tracks the ball well over his shoulder. Experienced route-runner who has extensive experience lining up outside and in the slot. Quick hands and feet to slip past press coverage. Shows a natural savvy running his routes, altering his speeds, dipping his shoulder and exploding out of his cuts to generate separation from the defender. Does a nice job of shielding defensive backs from the ball with his size. Wastes little time getting upfield. Competitive, attentive downfield blocker.

Weaknesses: Lacks elite straight-line speed. Is quicker and more agile than his size would indicate but does not possess the elite elusiveness to consistently make defenders miss in tight quarters. Will occasionally drop catchable passes, though this typically occurs when he's in traffic and attempting to make a defender miss before securing the ball. Missed the final three games of the 2012 season with a left knee injury that will need to be evaluated at the Combine.

Compares To: Jordy Nelson, WR, Green Bay Packers -- Like Nelson, Allen possesses just enough straight-line speed to beat defenders on the outside, as well as the size, toughness and sure hands to attack over the middle.

--Rob Rang

#118 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:44 AM

Little scared off by the 40 time...was that slower than Dwayne Jarrett??? He runs good routes and has some move when he has the ball. That 40 makes a difference though, anyone who says that doesn't change things some is just set in their ways and showing complete refusal to acknowledge that speed is an important component of being a great WR.

Right because Reggie Wayne, Boldin, Fitzgerald, Brandon Marshall, J Blackmon, Crabtree, Colston, Vincent Jackson, Michael Irvin, Jerry Rice, Roddy White are all track guys.

#119 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,131 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:47 AM

I understand it quite well. I understand the concept well enough to know when someone is resistant to accepting fact because it disputes their "opinion."

Don't you know this little stunt your pulling is a rather common internet tactic? One day you'll find yourself on the end of the argument where your clearly supporting the factual side while some turd wants to argue something so far from the truth it can't even be considered an opinion, you'll think back on this moment, and chuckle out loud as you realize that this little notion "let's all jsut be friends and accept each other's opinions" is total crap. If someone says something that is just downright the opposite of the truth, the right is there to call them out for that.

And when that day comes, padawan, I'll graciously accept your pie. It's part of the circle of Huddle life.

#120 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,586 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:48 AM

Don't bother with Growl. He's (the ego-manic) always right and everyone that disagrees with him is wrong.

This thread has made that crystal clear. It's impossible to have an intelligent conversation with someone who refuses to be intellectually honest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.