17 replies to this topic

#1 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,474 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:05 PM

Panthers will host draft party at stadium on April 27

The Panthers are inviting fans to Bank of America Stadium to watch Day 3 of the NFL draft while participating in activities in and around the stadium.
The event, which is free to the public, will be held from noon to 5 p.m. Saturday, April 27.
Some players will be available for autograph signings while fans can register for a cornhole tournament, listen to live music and tour the team locker room throughout the day. There will also be a Play 60 kids' combine on the field.
Rounds 4-7 of the draft will be televised on screens outside the stadium in the Morehead Street parking lot and inside the stadium on the video boards.

http://blogs.charlot...n-april-27.html

Why Day 3?

#2 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,885 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:10 PM

This is equivocable to having a super bowl party

For the fourth preseason game.

#3 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,885 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:12 PM

Trying to cut down on all the free Bojangles they have to pass out each year.

#4 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,201 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:09 PM

Dumb

#5 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,201 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:09 PM

Minnesota is having their Draft party with players in attendance with fans.

#6 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:12 AM

Cool

#7 Alverez

Alverez

Hold my beer, and check this out!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:49 AM

The last 2 seasons it's been on day one. wonder why they changed it.

Thing is... the last 2 seasons we got Offensive and Defensive ROTY players with our Day one picks... If we don't this year, we can blame it on the moved Draft party date.

;)

#8 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 5,846 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:58 AM

Carolina must be the only team in the league that is holding a draft party for rounds 4-7. I did not even realize this was televised. Do they expect a big crowd turnout to watch Carolina make three draft picks that are not flashy on guys that may not even make an impact this season?

#9 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,047 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:55 AM

It is pretty obvious why the Draft Party was moved to Day 3 (Saturday).

Round 1 does not begin until 8PM. With that late start and our #14 pick, we don't pick until damn near 11PM....on a school night.

The Draft Party is going ot be focused on family activities. Therefore, a Saturday afternoon event is more practical than a Thursday night party.

This is another reason why I HATE the new draft schedule....which was changed for nothing more than putting rounds 1-3 in Prime Time (money).

Much, much better when you could have an all day draft part on Sat and see the first 4 rounds....then come back for more on Sunday.

#10 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,474 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:05 AM

I wonder if they plan on flying in the draft picks From Day 1/2 to have there. That would make it worth it.

#11 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,281 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:54 AM

Yeah this is all about the families. The Panthers have done a great job in making this a family friendly event. They let the kids run loose on the stadium field and there are autographs. It's a great chance to take some pictures and see the inner workings of the stadium. Like the madhatter said we will pick late and there is the potential for us to trade down and pick even later.

Yes the Panthers intend to have their draft picks on hand to show off to the fans. The Colts did something similar with Andrew Luck last year. It also gives them a chance to possibly lock that player into a number and....sell shirts.

The only thing I don't like about this is the collateral damage to the Jordan Gross Kickball tournament for cystic fibrosis. It's kind of a big FU to Jordan and his annual event that will compete for fans.

#12 Alverez

Alverez

Hold my beer, and check this out!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:38 AM

I could have swore I read only a few weeks ago it was a 6pm-12am thing... and now this.

I must'a been reading last years info.

Who's going to have a lil gathering for the draft Day one? anyone? I guess I'll just chill and watch at home and prolly hit the lake if it's nice enough on the 27th. who knows.

#13 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:39 PM

It is pretty obvious why the Draft Party was moved to Day 3 (Saturday).

Round 1 does not begin until 8PM. With that late start and our #14 pick, we don't pick until damn near 11PM....on a school night.

The Draft Party is going ot be focused on family activities. Therefore, a Saturday afternoon event is more practical than a Thursday night party.

This is another reason why I HATE the new draft schedule....which was changed for nothing more than putting rounds 1-3 in Prime Time (money).

Much, much better when you could have an all day draft part on Sat and see the first 4 rounds....then come back for more on Sunday.

Why not have it ok day 2 then it's on a Friday night and there's awesome depth in the middle rounds of the draft lol, yes I know we don't have a 3rd round pick but still its better than the last rounds where we'll be picking players barely half of the people at the party will probably even recognize

#14 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,140 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:55 PM

Ill be there with my mini-me's

#15 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,140 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:56 PM

Think Hurney will be there?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.