Photo
- - - - -

Do you want to finish with the worst record?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 bLACKpANTHER

bLACKpANTHER

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,115 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:52 AM

Just looking at the remaining games on our calendar it will be a fight between us and Orlando to see who gets the most ping pong balls. Orlando is playing the rest of their games vs playoff teams while we have a pair of very winnable games down the stretch. Say we beat Detroit and Cleveland and finish with 20 wins (not outside the realm of possibility) and Orlando tanks the last 4 games- will you be upset?

Charlotte's (18-59) remaining schedule:
@MEM
@DET
MIL
NYK
CLE

Orlando's (19-59) remaining schedule:
MIL
BOS
CHI
@MIA

#2 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:18 AM

As long as they draft Dwight and we can get Emeka, I'll be happy.

#3 MrBubba

MrBubba

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:38 AM

How about a tie, so everyone is happy and sad at the same time.

#4 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 5,104 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:59 AM

IDK if it even matters. The last placed team hasn't got the #1 pick in something like 8-9 years, it's ridiculous (and rigged imo). They really need to change it.

#5 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:15 PM

Meh doesn't really matter to me, like Zaximus said in his post -- worst team never gets the #1 pick.

Although it would be nice to not be addressed as the worst team in the NBA.

#6 GamecockSmitty4

GamecockSmitty4

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:26 PM

Don't worry, if Orlando finishes with the worst record, they'll get the #1 pick.

#7 MrBubba

MrBubba

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:36 PM

Yeah, after Dwight left look for Orlando to get number one pick regardless. I change my mind, hope we finish with worst record and lose number one pick again. Perhaps NBA will be so embarassed that we will get number one pick next year ( a better year)

#8 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:47 PM

Sure I do. But, from the last two times that we loss out on the no.1 pick, watch for Cho and MJ try to possess the 2nd worst record this season. Then, watch we'd still lose out on the no.1 pick.

#9 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,119 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:56 PM

Me being the NBA conspiracy believer that I am, I believe this is going to be the year that the NBA and David Stern throws Charlotte a bone. Hopefully, they will see it as an opportunity to have the Charlotte market bounce back.

Rebranding back to the Charlotte Hornets, #1 draft pick, and possibly a new coach, and maybe a decent free agent acquisition to revive professional basketball.

I believe in building from big men first, in both basketball and football. Also, I love the players with the highest ceiling and most potential. I was one of the few wanting Andre Drummond last year.

That being said, I really want Nerlens Noel, and in my opinion he has the highest ceiling of anyone in the draft.

While he develops next season, we continue to suck, and maybe for good measure, hold him a couple of months and allow him to fully heal. Then maybe get a top pick in 2014 (wiggins, Parker,or Randle), as well as, 2 other picks. And we could have an extremely talented, young, cheap nucleus to build into a consistent contender. The key, as always, is the ping-pong balls. (but really its whoever the league wants to help).

#10 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,425 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:10 PM

^Agreed with all of that, even the conspiracy stuff. Kemba, MKG, Noel, and then Wiggins/Parker and Charlotte can finally start fielding a decent squad.

#11 carolinapanther91

carolinapanther91

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:21 PM

The "#1 pick" (note the ") would be nice, but having the worst record in the NBA back to back years sounds pretty embarrassing.

#12 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,119 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:41 AM

Worst record plus second worst record is still bad.

Whatever helps this team moving forward is the most important.

#13 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:49 AM

It would be fitting if the year we finally get the #1 is the year there is nobody worth taking at #1. On the bright side nobody we can pick will be immediately good enough to take us out of the running for the #1 pick next year.

#14 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,721 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:46 PM

The Magic will get the Number 1 pick and will select Noel. Reason being the draft is clearly rigged.

#15 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,506 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:57 PM

Looks like a tie now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users