Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers expected to select DT within first 3 rounds per Tony Pauline

55 posts in this topic

Posted

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=6916

The Carolina Panthers are expected to select a defensive tackle sometime during the draft’s initial three rounds. I am told the team brought Sylvester Williams/North Carolina in for a visit and has worked out Akeem Spence/Illinois and had dinner last night with Datone Jones/UCLA whom they are working out today.

And here another interesting tidbit from Walter football, take it FWIW

April 9: Sheldon Richardson and Xavier Rhodes are the favorites to go No. 14 to the Panthers, but Tavon Austin and Kenny Vaccaro are also in play. - Panthers source

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013rumorsteams.php

Starting to heat up!!

Posted

Awesome..more speculation from people who have no idea what we will do.

Score!

Posted

DT is one of the biggest holes on the team. No sht we take one in the first 3 rounds.

Posted

We got a third rounder?!?!?!?!??!

Posted

Of the Walter Football scenario, I'd like Austin/Rhodes/Vaccaro/Richardson in that order. Understand DT is a big need but if we can't luck out with Lotulelei or Floyd I'd rather pick one up in the 2nd.

Posted

We don't even have a third rounder, yet, that seems lost on these guys. Makes me say "eeehhh" even if I do like Sylvester Williams.

Posted

Just started a topic about the walterfootball rumor. Say what you want about the guy but he apparently knows someone bc last year just before the draft he changed his mock bc someone told him we weren't taking a DT.

Posted

Round 3 fo sho

Posted

this smells like bullshit

Posted

I would prefer DT in the 2cd. Other than Star, I don't love any of the DTs in this draft. A good prospect should be there in the 2cd. Similar to the WR class, I bet team draft boards are all over the pace in terms of how they rank these guys.

Posted

thanks captain obvious

Posted

Ya Walter a couple days before the draft changed his pick to kuechly because someone told him we weren't picking a DT