• Please log in to reply
199 replies to this topic

#196 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,344 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:50 PM

Today's episode of Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman highlighted the budding technology concerning human reproduction.  Part of the episode showed a man who had successfully gestated and "birthed" dozens of sharks completely outside of the womb of the mother. According to him the only necessary thing left for him to do this with a human baby is permission, and a deeper understanding of the conditions inside the womb throughout the gestation so that he can properly replicate it safely.

"Viability outside of the Womb" is not a valid argument. The entire process can happen without the mother.

oh ffs.

We can't do that with humans, we don't have the technology.  Sharks and humans are quite different (ectotherms have a different gestation process and don't have the same kind of temperature regulations that endotherms do).  Until such point as that scientist actually can do that with a mammal (like a mouse) he would NEVER receive funding to try it on a human.

You can't legislate today based on what technology tomorrow might bring tomorrow save for when you are trying to fund research directly.

#197 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:53 PM

oh ffs.

We can't do that with humans, we don't have the technology.  Sharks and humans are quite different (ectotherms have a different gestation process and don't have the same kind of temperature regulations that endotherms do).  Until such point as that scientist actually can do that with a mammal (like a mouse) he would NEVER receive funding to try it on a human.

You can't legislate today based on what technology tomorrow might bring tomorrow save for when you are trying to fund research directly.

I have to admit I am surprised, but am thoroughly enjoying your reaction.  Being a scientist, or a scientist in training (no disrespect i just remember you are still going through school) you know that this is proof of concept which is more than enough to satisfy the original argument.

#198 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,344 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:57 PM

I have to admit I am surprised, but am thoroughly enjoying your reaction.  Being a scientist, or a scientist in training (no disrespect i just remember you are still going through school) you know that this is proof of concept which is more than enough to satisfy the original argument.

A scientist with a theory is most definitely not enough to invalidate abortion today.  Your original argument was that humans could basically develop outside the womb earlier than they could.  I showed that you were wrong, and you still ARE wrong.  In a couple years, you may be right.  I have no idea what future technology will bring, but considering what we are capable of, this decade will likely see artificial wombs for mammals.  But that doesn't mean we will see them for humans in that same time frame.  

#199 2plankingpanther

2plankingpanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:37 AM

test

#200 2plankingpanther

2plankingpanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:44 AM

Gosnell simply provided a service that many pro-aborts support and encourage.  Find one instance where any prolifer in this thread has supported or encouraged the work that Eric Rudolph did. 

test

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.