• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 pilot2011

pilot2011

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:48 PM

2 more years of 1100 receiving yard seasons and Smith will be top 10 in yards... Another 3-4 years, he would likely be in top 10 receptions. If he gets a ring, he will be in Canton. But if not, yall think he still has a shot?

Many will say no just because they don't like his demeanor and past. But anyone that knows the Panthers will say hell yes because he had Mr. Bojangles throwing him the ball for a decade and Coach 3 and Out calling the plays. I hope the committee takes that into consideration.

#2 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

SeƱor Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

The way the HOF is treating receivers lately, I don't think Smitty ever gets in. Which doesn't matter to me because he's the best player this franchise has ever had, and the hall is kind of a joke anyway.

#3 Car123

Car123

Newton's Law

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:58 PM

He needs to surpass Chris Carter (13,899 yds) in yards and get a ring.
3 years of 1200 yards gets him over 15,000

#4 Salvo

Salvo

BEWB

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:59 PM

2 more years of 1100 receiving yard seasons and Smith will be top 10 in yards... Another 3-4 years, he would likely be in top 10 receptions. If he gets a ring, he will be in Canton. But if not, yall think he still has a shot?

Many will say no just because they don't like his demeanor and past. But anyone that knows the Panthers will say hell yes because he had Mr. Bojangles throwing him the ball for a decade and Coach 3 and Out calling the plays. I hope the committee takes that into consideration.

There's some that consider TO a first ballot HOFer...for some reason. Not sure demeanor plays a big role but it might be different with the WRs.

I think SS is a HOFer but possibly not first ballot. He needs to finish these last couple of years strong to guarantee enshrinement. A Super Bowl victory will certainly help...

#5 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

Smitty deserves the HOF more than half the WRs already in it.

#6 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,570 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:09 PM

Panther ring of honor definitely

#7 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• HUDDLER
  • 4,224 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:17 PM

I feel like smitty still has the drive to be the best. I could see him play till hes an old fart. I say he'll be a HOF

#8 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• HUDDLER
  • 4,640 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:33 PM

Smitty found out that his daughter had lost her virginity... he got it back

#9 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,235 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

Smith suffers b/c half his career was in the passing era....

By the time he is up for HOF consideration......his numbers won't standout that much.

I have always thought Smith's best chance was to add 2 more deep playoff runs with great stats and win a ring. With his great foundation, he could really put up some great postseason career numbers.

Smitty's regular season stats won't get him in.

#10 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,903 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

If Ray Lewis can get in with the suspicion surrounding two deaths, then Smith's past indiscretions should not be held against him. Yes, Lewis has a couple of rings, and Smith may never get one, but Smith has been the most enigmatic and explosive receiver the NFL has ever seen.

I am hoping that G-man, Rivera, Cam and the team steps up to the level of Smith's heart, and helps 89 earn the ring that his career absolutely warrants.

#11 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,903 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

Panther ring of honor definitely

Oh, yeah, that's a surety. How could we ever let any other player wear 89? Panthers fans everywhere would explode, and the epicenter of the indignation would be the Huddle.

#12 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,235 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

Oh, yeah, that's a surety. How could we ever let any other player wear 89? Panthers fans everywhere would explode, and the epicenter of the indignation would be the Huddle.

If Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Reggie White, etc. can play elsewhere.....so can Smith. He better hang it up at the right time or some people around here shouldn't be around sharp objects if that day where to come.

#13 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,332 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:07 PM

I honestly don't care about the Hall of Fame. The voters have proved time and time again that they're biased against certain people.

#14 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,903 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

If Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Reggie White, etc. can play elsewhere.....so can Smith. He better hang it up at the right time or some people around here shouldn't be around sharp objects if that day where to come.

Yeah, he can play elsewhere, but the Panthers need not let anyone else wear 89.

I don't think he plays in another uniform, but if he does he won't be so different from other people who needed to hang it up (like all the players you mentioned). The only way I could see him going somewhere else is in a late bid to get a ring. I wouldn't hate on him for that. I would hate on the Panthers for unceremoniously putting him out to pasture, but if it comes to that I'd get over it. I just don't want to see Joe Blow or John Doe donning the 89.

#15 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,903 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

We have all heard the saying, "There is only one". That saying is definitely worthy of Steve Smith. And, it's definitely a saying that epitomizes HOFERs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.