68 replies to this topic

#46 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,514 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:38 AM

I hear AR-15 prices might start normalizing soon.

I am excite!

#47 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,752 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:39 AM

the point is, everything else being equal, a woman is six times more likely to die from spousal abuse in a house with a gun than not.

For your seemingly clever little ideas to make sense, women would also have to ban their husbands or kill them first at a rate 6 times more than women with no guns in the house, which is a little more problematic than the actual common sense solution.

Still love how you want to continue blaming the gun and not the asshole with the gun.

How about stronger laws on abuse?  That is the better solution.

#48 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:40 AM

:sleep:

I question the Validity of a poll/survey/w.e that says the State of NC has "worse" gun violence than the State of California.

They are just twisting words around so that the data will fit their argument. 

Anyone who truly believes that North Carolina or South Carolina has a worse gun problem than California or Illinois are dumb enough to believe anything else that suports their beliefs.

The truth is that the states with the highest per-capita gun ownership are most often the states with the least crime, both violent and non violent. 

#49 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,104 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:52 PM

Still love how you want to continue blaming the gun and not the asshole with the gun.

How about stronger laws on abuse?  That is the better solution.

You seem to have no knowledge of the nature of the problem or the laws already on the books, which is about right.

It's the asshole with the gun thats 6 times more likely to kill then just the asshole. It's about as easy as it gets here.

#50 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,506 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:02 PM

Me neither

http://scienceblogs....4/knives-00006/

For example a study in The Journal of Trauma (36:4
pp516-524) looked at all injury admissions to a Seattle hospital over
a six year period. The mortality rate for gunshot wounds was 22%
while that for stab wounds was 4%. Even among patients that survived,
gunshot wounds were more serious — the mean cost of treatment for
these patients was more than twice that for stab wounds.

This isn't about "can knives kill people?!" it's "guns are more dangerous than knives when it comes to mortality."

#51 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,632 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:47 PM

http://scienceblogs....4/knives-00006/
This isn't about "can knives kill people?!" it's "guns are more dangerous than knives when it comes to mortality."

you don't say!

If you notice what I quoted, it was in response to a "mass stabbings = nobody dies" argument.

#52 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,506 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:33 PM

Where did he say there are no fatalities in mass knifings?  His first point was on the stupidity of the ban knives argument and the second was that on the same day of Newton there was a mass knife attack where nobody died, but nobody talks about the lack of deaths, just that there were mass attacks. 

Perhaps Im giving him too much credit, but I didn't think he was dumb enough to assume nobody ever died while being knifed.

#53 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,113 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:34 PM

i'd much rather be attacked by someone wielding a knife

#54 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,632 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:52 AM

Where did he say there are no fatalities in mass knifings? His first point was on the stupidity of the ban knives argument and the second was that on the same day of Newton there was a mass knife attack where nobody died, but nobody talks about the lack of deaths, just that there were mass attacks.

Perhaps Im giving him too much credit, but I didn't think he was dumb enough to assume nobody ever died while being knifed.

I don't want to say that mass knifings are common in China, but they do happen.
CWG used the exception (zero fatalities) rather than the rule to make a point.

#55 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,752 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:51 AM

You seem to have no knowledge of the nature of the problem or the laws already on the books, which is about right.

It's the asshole with the gun thats 6 times more likely to kill then just the asshole. It's about as easy as it gets here.

Guy with a drinking problem is 6X more likely to kill someone while driving a car.....you DON'T ban the car or ban alcohol.  You punish the asshole and put him in jail.

Same logic applies here.....but you are too brain dead to see or admit it.

#56 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:24 AM

Guy with a drinking problem is 6X more likely to kill someone while driving a car.....you DON'T ban the car or ban alcohol.  You punish the asshole and put him in jail.

Well you do kind of ban the car when you impound it after he gets a few DUIs

Do you think we should take guns away from people if they get charged with domestic violence?

#57 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,104 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:59 PM

Guy with a drinking problem is 6X more likely to kill someone while driving a car.....you DON'T ban the car or ban alcohol. You punish the asshole and put him in jail.

If he lost his license from DUI he is breaking the law. Hmmm yes let's make any man convicted of a violent crime be barred by law from owning a gn. Great idea dude. Now well need to have a way to check, like maybe a background check or something.

#58 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,872 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:22 AM

I want to see this. 

Comic genius I'm sure.

Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, noting that Vice President Joe Biden reportedly plans to revive a legislative push for gun control,  challenged him to a debate about policy responses to gun violence.

“I would like to invite the vice president to engage in an hour-long conversation and debate, ‘How do we stop crime’,” Cruz said at the National Rifle Association Leadership Forum today. “If Vice President Biden really believes that the facts are on his side ... then I would think he would welcome the opportunity to talk about the sources, the causes of violent crime, who is carrying it out, and how we can do everything humanly possible to stop it.”

http://washingtonexa...article/2528799

#59 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,113 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:09 AM

how would ted cruz tiptoe around the impact that economic inequality and economic segregation have on crime rates

#60 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,104 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:11 PM

by pretending that it only happens to drug dealers and welfare queens, duh! Two birds with one stone and all

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com