20 replies to this topic

#1 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:51 AM

From "Arrow" on the CW network (great show, btw).

Posted Image

poo needs to pick up or we need to start looking for a solution elsewhere.

#2 beuer1

beuer1

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:27 AM

I...don't?

#3 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:18 PM

I mean, it MAY not be a coaching issue...but we either 1) have been giving worse efforts for the past 12 games than we did when we were leading the division, or 2) the wins we got earlier in the year were due to our talent alone and teams made adjustments, which forces our coaches to as well, which would mean it is a coaching issue. There are other possibilities, but it SEEMS to me anyway that the two most likely options would be the above two. Could be a case of bad luck. Could be a case of just sucking. I don't know. All I know is we are losing to teams now (in embarrassing fashion) that we were beating pretty well earlier in the year.

#4 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,574 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:23 PM

This is how I feel. I try to stay positive but end up:

Posted Image

#5 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

I was positive all the way up til Malkin got that goal last night, then I was like "f*ck it, I'm done".

#6 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:13 PM

Yeah I gave up last week, I think the team needs a coaching change but I dont fully blame Muller. We are playing with a 3rd string goalie and no defense... makes things difficult.

#7 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,321 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:05 PM

It's JR's fault for not doing a damn thing to help our defense and it's Muller's fault for being a bad coach.

#8 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,335 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:07 PM

It's JR's fault for not doing a damn thing to help our defense and it's Muller's fault for being a bad coach.

JR's hands are tied with all the money being paid to Semin, Skinner, Ward, Jordan and Eric Staal. There's very little money left to fix the defense the next few seasons. To make matters worse the depth and talent of the team's farm system is horrible and there's likely no help to come from there minus Murphy's light bulb going off.

#9 beuer1

beuer1

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:13 PM

JR's hands are tied with all the money being paid to Semin, Skinner, Ward, Jordan and Eric Staal. There's very little money left to fix the defense the next few seasons. To make matters worse the depth and talent of the team's farm system is horrible and there's likely no help to come from there minus Murphy's light bulb going off.

And whose fault is that?

Posted Image

#10 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,335 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

And whose fault is that?

Posted Image

Not really, those are the types of players you pay big money for. The farm talent is down because of all the trades made to make the team a contender during late season pushes.

#11 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,321 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:35 PM

Ward needs to be gone in the offseason. He's being paid way too much money when we have 2 other goalies that put out the same production. Skinner is going to have to step up his game or else he should be too.

#12 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,335 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:38 PM

Ward needs to be gone in the offseason. He's being paid way too much money when we have 2 other goalies that put out the same production. Skinner is going to have to step up his game or else he should be too.

Normally I'd disagree with you on Ward and Skinner, but with the shape the team is in. I actually agree just thinking about the amount of talent that trading those two would bring back, even if it was in just draft picks. ( it would help the team get under the cap even more and go after a FA top 2-4 guy to help the defense plus add a bunch of talent to the farm system at the same time.

I'd do it if it was up to me.

#13 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,321 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

And I seriously doubt JR's hands have been tied. Good GMs know how to manage their money better so that their team is more competitive.

#14 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,321 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

Normally I'd disagree with you on Ward and Skinner, but with the shape the team is in. I actually agree just thinking about the amount of talent that trading those two would bring back, even if it was in just draft picks. ( it would help the team get under the cap even more and go after a FA top 2-4 guy to help the defense plus add a bunch of talent to the farm system at the same time.

I'd do it if it was up to me.

The only thing Skinner brings to the table is offense. He doesn't bring defense. If he keeps turning over the puck, wiffing on one-timers, being too cautious, then he isn't really worth it. Yea he had 1 good year, but since then he hasn't really stood out. I hope JR can put his emotions aside and do what's best for the team.

#15 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,335 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

Think about it,

Ward cam up for his contract and at the time it was worth it, Skinner came up and was worth the extension. Same with Jordan and Eric Staal's contracts as well. Semin has earned it as well. Those are all top line type of guys that get paid and deserve to get paid, they all have good contracts as well.

If Skinner and Staal weren't playing so damn bad then the team wouldn't be 1-13 or something over the last month, they'd most likely be floating at .500 during that time period.

A bunch of teams are in cap trouble next year as well, so it's not like Carolina is the only team in that boat. Injuries are really what derailed this season and made it worse then what it should have been.

The cap dropping nearly 10 million is hurting a bunch of teams.

As for what Skinner brings, when he's healthy he brings decent defense and way above offense in a 20 year old player with tons of potential. In the NHL that's worth quite a few draft picks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.