Photo
- - - - -

Interesting interview with Mike Tannenbaum on Sirius today.

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#16 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,302 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:11 PM

You know, Dobson could be the dark horse in this draft. He's gotten almost no attention (similar to Patton) but he's big and has good hands.

#17 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:12 PM

fug it, let's take WR in both 1st and second.

Allen/Hopkins or if Hopkins doesn't drop to the second Allen/Hunter... But we have too many holes on the team to do that IMO

#18 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

Allen/Hopkins or if Hopkins doesn't drop to the second Allen/Hunter... But we have too many holes on the team to do that IMO

Our offense would be bad as hell though.

#19 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:22 PM

Our offense would be bad as hell though.

Agreed... And we wouldn't have to worry about the WR position for years and (although I am a fan of him) we could use the money we would use on LaFell to sign Hardy

#20 Strawman

Strawman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationKissimmee FL

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:27 PM

I think Dobson is going to surprise a lot of people and can be had in the 2nd, or 3rd.

#21 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,233 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:29 PM

True.. But do you see any of the WR's in this draft that demands respect in coverage right away? I'd love to somehow land Amari Cooper in next years draft but that would lead us to trading up for him or really sucking this season

Amari Cooper is only a true Sophomore next year so that wouldn't happen. The top receiver next year will be Marqise Lee, and after him Watkins....

#22 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:31 PM

Amari Cooper is only a true Sophomore next year so that wouldn't happen. The top receiver next year will be Marqise Lee, and after him Watkins....

Ahhh.. Jumped the gun on that one. Thanks for the clear up

#23 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,412 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:33 PM

I agree,. Cam needs more weapons.
Just not at the cost of reaching for one in the first. I don't see any offensive weapons in the draft that will be BPA at our pick.

tbh, i odn't see any position that really shines above all the rest after the first handful of prospects are gone.

it would be just as much of a reach going for pretty much any position at that point. there's just not a whole lot of seperation between what you'd find at 14 thru 44. from the mid first round thru pretty much the end of the second there just isn't a ton of seperation of talent. not a whole lot of top end/elite talent, but still a lot of very good players.

we wouldn't be any worse off drafting a WR at 14 than we would any other position we're seriously considering.

#24 scarface

scarface

• HUDDLER
  • 3,098 posts
  • LocationEastern NC

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:35 PM

Trade down, take Hopkins.

#25 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,661 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:40 PM

We shall see.

#26 dugbug

dugbug

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:46 PM

fug it, let's take WR in both 1st and second.

Draft nuk twice :)

#27 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,173 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:28 PM

His biggest regret should be drafting Sanchez.

#28 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:33 PM

This is what I've been saying for a while. Although we have had a NT problem for about 4 years now we have always managed to find a journey man capable of letting our defense compete.

However at WR we have not had an oil change for about 10 years and are on the verge of breakdown. Hixon I think will significantly help but I think Keenan Allen or Hopkins will make our WR core a force to be reckoned with. Either of those guys will fit us well and will provide the redzone threat that we need. As far as TE goes I don't expect Olsen to get hurt but it would be wise to find an athletic option in the later rounds. I wish Barnidge had stayed because I think he is a pretty good back up.

Were you here in 2010,2011, and 2012?

I don't like the idea of using a bandaide on the DT position again. We saw this year how placing more importance on the position helps the Defense as a whole.

Plus you're forgetting the fact we've drafted 5 wr's and brought in 3 Fa WR the last 3 years. When was the last time we used a top 60 pick on a DT? We have done nothing but bring in bandaids for that position.

#29 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,412 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

His biggest regret should be drafting trading up to draft Sanchez.

ftfy

bad enough drafting him to begin with. trading up was laughable.

#30 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

Were you here in 2010,2011, and 2012?

I don't like the idea of using a bandaide on the DT position again. We saw this year how placing more importance on the position helps the Defense as a whole.

Plus you're forgetting the fact we've drafted 5 wr's and brought in 3 Fa WR the last 3 years. When was the last time we used a top 60 pick on a DT? We have done nothing but bring in bandaids for that position.

I agree 2010-2012 has been crap. But those were also the seasons where John Fox didn't give a damn about the team and JR was prepping for the lock out. But in the past we've managed to find guys to at least give us a chance.

All of our WR's selections in the draft have been BS secondary considerations. Lafell is only the one worth anything and no one expected him or expects him to be a #1 guy. Armanti was a worthless project and the expectations for Gettis were never that high.

Not saying that I disagree with you. I would have loved for us to take a top DT years ago. But we have been able to compete in the past without one. WR is at the brink of a huge fall out that we have never seen, probably in the history of the franchise. Maybe not now since we signed Hixon but if something ever happens to Smith.... LaFell, Edwards, Adams, maybe Gettis? That is disastrous.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com