#136 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,011 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:03 PM

I'm going to call the governor and tell him what a pos he is, here is his number 919-733-5811 ....

#137 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 10,756 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:05 PM

There is that little issue of the State being broke.

Shocked by how many of you support Billionaire Welfare.

They just gave tons of money to add around 1500 jobs to the Carolina's, the state can't be that broke. He raised his cabinets salary and declined federal aid. The state can't be that broke if he's doing those things, now can it?

I bring up the jobs, because the Panther's leaving would either displace or cause more then 1500 people to become unemployed. Hurting the state's bottom line more then giving the money would do. Add to that the loss of income from the games, hotels and travel from other teams players and fans.

If the state is broke, he certainly doesn't give a poo about it being broke based on his actions so far.

#138 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,424 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:09 PM

I would just like the state to allow the Charlotte metro area to deal with it on it's own, ie decide locally if the area wants to raise the taxes here. It's a local vs. state issue and the state is severely overstepping its bounds. If the populace votes down the proposed prepared food hike, that's one thing....but to not even allow it to be decided on the appropriate level is teh dumb.

#139 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 11,887 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:16 PM

This point is lost by now. BUT MUH PANTHERS!!1!!!

Some say I hate rich people. I neither hate nor love them, but I sure as hell ain't getting on my knees every time they unzip their pants like so many seem wont to do.

#140 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

►►►►►

• HUDDLER
  • 8,883 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

agree/disagree:

charlotte should be able to raise its own taxes as it sees fit with minimal interference from raleigh, especially if the root of the issue lies with one party playing games with another.

#141 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,215 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:48 PM

For those backing the political stance against aiding in this project.....where was your uproar and outrage when tons of money was spent to bring in Met Life (98 million in local and state incentives) and Chiquita (22 million in local and state incentives)? The CEO's and founders of those companies aren't exactly fishing through the fountain at the malls for change.

#142 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,092 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

There is definitely an arguement that can be made as to whether state and local governments should provide incentives and tax breaks to for profit organizations....and I am not here to debate for or against that.

However, these incentives ARE a fact of current life. If a state or city wants to make a stand and say no (whether it is for public funding of a stadium or tax incentives for companies moving to the area), they had better be ready for the consequences of their stance. With other states/cities willing to fork over the money, the ones saying no will see their teams leave and zero companies moving into their jurisdiction.....which in reality would be likely to cost the state more in tax revenue than the amount of incentives they would have provided.

Cut off your nose in spite of your face.

#143 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 11,887 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:21 PM

Sports teams have been proven time and again to be luxuries for a city/state that are invariably money losers. Spending $200 million on a vanity service while there are constant shortfalls for critical services are a hard sell for any party.

Don't treat this as if it were Dow Chemical.

#144 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,271 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

For those backing the political stance against aiding in this project.....where was your uproar and outrage when tons of money was spent to bring in Met Life (98 million in local and state incentives) and Chiquita (22 million in local and state incentives)? The CEO's and founders of those companies aren't exactly fishing through the fountain at the malls for change.

2600 jobs averaging $82,000 per year at a 7% tax rate the state will clear $15M per year just on state income tax

This doesn't include property taxes.

Richardson had the majority of his stadium and franchise purchased by the PSL holders. Sorry Jack spend your own money

#145 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 11,887 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:38 PM

SC invested a few hundred million to get BMW to the state. The result? About $2 billion brought annually to the economy, and a plant and support network that employees 1.2% of the entire state.

Or you can get an endless series of 8 and 8 seasons. Your decision.

#146 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:42 PM

Why don't they tax these people in the upstate who drive up here in their clunkers and take jobs from Mecklenburg county residents? The team is supposed to represent a region.

Because the Upstate doesn't reap any of the economic benefit of having the team.

#147 CLEARHOT

CLEARHOT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSomewhere In NC

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:50 PM

Can I have my state tax dollars spent on WIC, SNAP, Bright Beginnings and More At Four since I don't use/ see any benefit from these programs i.e. if you can't feed 'em don't breed 'em.....sorry jack spend your own money.

#148 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,254 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:55 PM

fug politicians. Good for nothing.

And it doesn't matter if the next owner develops a winning franchise if they aren't in the Carolinas for us fans to reap the benefits. I WILL NOT pull for the Panthers if they move. Point blank, period.

The next owner that buys the team could very well already have an exit plan before he buys, and in that case, he's not going to give our city/state the chance to build a new stadium or renovate the existing one.

Hope everyone enjoys not paying a measly tax to keep our team here. We sure will show them, just like we did the Hornets! Take that pro sports!

#149 CLEARHOT

CLEARHOT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSomewhere In NC

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:58 PM

Because the Upstate doesn't reap any of the economic benefit of having the team.

PL I would say that Sparkle City does see a boost in tourism revenue from folks going to camp at Wofford..at least the Beacon does.

#150 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 17,898 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:59 PM

I would just like the state to allow the Charlotte metro area to deal with it on it's own, ie decide locally if the area wants to raise the taxes here. It's a local vs. state issue and the state is severely overstepping its bounds. If the populace votes down the proposed prepared food hike, that's one thing....but to not even allow it to be decided on the appropriate level is teh dumb.

That's one of my main gripes. The state and McCrory need to let local issues play out locally.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.