• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#101 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:45 PM

Because some parents are abusive assholes?

Is there any law that would prevent your child from telling you anything? Until you can answer with a yes, you are just running in circles.

I don't need government to force my kids to tell me anything. Why are you dependent on government?

There is no law against children lying. There are laws against physicians telling the truth.

This is a matter of government protecting rights rather than asserting mandates for population control. So, this isn't me depending on government with respect to parenting. It is the opposite.

So, you are in support for 9 year old kids buying morning after pills without a prescription and without consultation with their parents. I think we are done here.

#102 twylyght

twylyght

HUDDLER

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:46 PM

So is it a parent's right to let their sick child die from a curable disease because they believe it is God's will?

What is right to you and what is right to someone else may radically differ. I see you still can't grasp that concept.

#103 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• LocationMontford
HUDDLER

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:48 PM

So its expensive and it may not be affordable for kids and they won't be able to buy and mom dad won't be told.

And this is an effective tool how?

If we truly cared about the kids and we don't want their parents because God forbid they know shouldn't we make this pill free?
In fact shouldn't we all just chip in to a general morning after pill escrow fund?
The kid gets a free am pill with no worries of any repercussions or accountability and the parents are cool because they don't even know AND no abortions.
What a win win win.

#104 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

tengo baking soda

• LocationWinston-Salem, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:49 PM

What is right to you and what is right to someone else may radically differ. I see you still can't grasp that concept.

No I grasp it. I grasp you think it's fine to let a child die if their parent thinks that is the right thing to do.

I'm done talking to the crazy person. It's exhausting.

#105 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

MFCEO

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:52 PM

There is no law against children lying. There are laws against physicians telling the truth.

This is a matter of government protecting rights rather than asserting mandates for population control. So, this isn't me depending on government with respect to parenting. It is the opposite.

So, you are in support for 9 year old kids buying morning after pills without a prescription and without consultation with their parents. I think we are done here.

Nope, I want kids to have great parents who don't need government to force them to tell them anything. They should want to tell their parents.

However, in the real world some kids have abusive degenerate parents that the kids feel like telling the parents would do them psychological and bodily harm.

Would you force a 15 year old girl with a physically abusive alcoholic father to tell him? That'll work out great. What a big help he will be.

Most of these kids buy from planned parenthood who do give counsel to them when parents are not worth a damn.

#106 twylyght

twylyght

HUDDLER

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

No I grasp it. I grasp you think it's fine to let a child die if their parent thinks that is the right thing to do.

I'm done talking to the crazy person. It's exhausting.

Whether I think it is fine is irrelevant. It isn't my child. It isn't my call. An otherwise law-abiding parent with no history of abuse should be able to make those moral decisions on their own terms, not everyone else's. They have to live with their decisions, not the rest of us.

Again, the concept of actual liberty flies right over the head of the vast majority of people on this board. What is worst is those people that proclaim it most fervently are the worst offenders of majoritarian tyrannical ethics.

#107 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• LocationMontford
HUDDLER

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:55 PM

I have to sign a permission slip to allow my 13 yr old to go on field trips to those dangerous museums but am pill? Lol

Wow

This isn't cut and dried.

If anything maybe let the first pill be free. 2nd its cost and 3rd time we need a parental/guardian form.
There has to be a balance of some sorts and some common sense used.

#108 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

tengo baking soda

• LocationWinston-Salem, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:55 PM

Oh now I get it. You must be libertarian. Now it makes sense.

#109 twylyght

twylyght

HUDDLER

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

Nope, I want kids to have great parents who don't need government to force them to tell them anything. They should want to tell their parents.

However, in the real world some kids have abusive degenerate parents that the kids feel like telling the parents would do them psychological and bodily harm.

Would you force a 15 year old girl with a physically abusive alcoholic father to tell him? That'll work out great. What a big help he will be.

Most of these kids buy from planned parenthood who do give counsel to them when parents are not worth a damn.

Until you can prove that a child is a legal adult, your stance means nothing. Morally is another matter entirely. Morality is not the purview of the state, but of the parents. If your argument is made on those grounds, then we have no disagreement.

Your thinly veiled argument speaks otherwise though. The state has no ethical recourse with otherwise law-abiding parents to make those decisions "on their behalf". You are more intent on being SEEN as right on this board rather than BEING RIGHT.

#110 twylyght

twylyght

HUDDLER

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:58 PM

Oh now I get it. You must be libertarian. Now it makes sense.

Oh yeah... horrible notion, that.... concept of liberty, responsibility that goes with it... all that stuff. That makes me the WORST kind of person, doesn't it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users