• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#91 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

Who allowed her to use the President's platform slogan?

The founding fathers?

#92 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:57 PM

The founding fathers?

Right... because Fox news can use "Lean Forward" in whatever way they see fit without fear of reprisal from the highest office in the land.

#93 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:05 PM

Do you always chase your own tail in debates or is that a recent phenomenon?

#94 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:12 PM

Do you always chase your own tail in debates or is that a recent phenomenon?

Care to explain how advocating a right to have a say in your child's decisions equates to chasing my tail? Or is it the part of how the state continues to assume more of a role in making those decisions for us whether we want it or not?

#95 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:22 PM

Care to explain how advocating a right to have a say in your child's decisions equates to chasing my tail?

How exactly is the government stopping you from having a say in your child's life? Afterall, isn't the child ultimately your responsibility? Shouldn't you as a parent not need government intervention to know whats happening in your childs life? As a parent, do you need a law forcing your child to talk to you? I don't.

#96 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,796 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:27 PM

While I agree that the conservatives would be wise to promote Plan B as an alternative to abortion, I think the issue with promoting the general use of the morning after pill is it normalizes unprotected sex. So yes it would cut down on the number of abortions, but it would lead to an explosion in the rate of STDs, especially amongst teenagers.

Somebody show this to sz. Same thing I said. Just...differently.

#97 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

How exactly is the government stopping you from having a say in your child's life? Afterall, isn't the child ultimately your responsibility? Shouldn't you as a parent not need government intervention to know whats happening in your childs life? As a parent, do you need a law forcing your child to talk to you? I don't.

http://kap.samhsa.go...ls/taps/13a.htm

Why does any state have any laws on the books with respect to "protecting them from their parents"? If you had actual concern for a parent's rights to privileged information, then you'd come down on the side of parent's rights... not the opposite.

Hence, your standing being what it is, you don't

#98 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

http://kap.samhsa.go...ls/taps/13a.htm

Why does any state have any laws on the books with respect to "protecting them from their parents"? If you had actual concern for a parent's rights to privileged information, then you'd come down on the side of parent's rights... not the opposite.

Hence, your standing being what it is, you don't

Because some parents are abusive assholes?

Is there any law that would prevent your child from telling you anything? Until you can answer with a yes, you are just running in circles.

I don't need government to force my kids to tell me anything. Why are you dependent on government?

#99 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

Somebody show this to sz. Same thing I said. Just...differently.

The morning after pill is too expensive to lead to significantly more unprotected sex. How many teenagers out there have the means to drop $50 every time they get their dick wet?

Unless you want to take away all forms of birth control from teens, I'm not sure why you would feel the need to single out the morning after pill

#100 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,066 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:43 PM

So is it a parent's right to let their sick child die from a curable disease because they believe it is God's will?

#101 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:45 PM

Because some parents are abusive assholes?

Is there any law that would prevent your child from telling you anything? Until you can answer with a yes, you are just running in circles.

I don't need government to force my kids to tell me anything. Why are you dependent on government?

There is no law against children lying. There are laws against physicians telling the truth.

This is a matter of government protecting rights rather than asserting mandates for population control. So, this isn't me depending on government with respect to parenting. It is the opposite.

So, you are in support for 9 year old kids buying morning after pills without a prescription and without consultation with their parents. I think we are done here.

#102 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:46 PM

So is it a parent's right to let their sick child die from a curable disease because they believe it is God's will?

What is right to you and what is right to someone else may radically differ. I see you still can't grasp that concept.

#103 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,796 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:48 PM

So its expensive and it may not be affordable for kids and they won't be able to buy and mom dad won't be told.

And this is an effective tool how?

If we truly cared about the kids and we don't want their parents because God forbid they know shouldn't we make this pill free?
In fact shouldn't we all just chip in to a general morning after pill escrow fund?
The kid gets a free am pill with no worries of any repercussions or accountability and the parents are cool because they don't even know AND no abortions.
What a win win win.

#104 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,066 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:49 PM

What is right to you and what is right to someone else may radically differ. I see you still can't grasp that concept.

No I grasp it. I grasp you think it's fine to let a child die if their parent thinks that is the right thing to do.

I'm done talking to the crazy person. It's exhausting.

#105 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:52 PM

There is no law against children lying. There are laws against physicians telling the truth.

This is a matter of government protecting rights rather than asserting mandates for population control. So, this isn't me depending on government with respect to parenting. It is the opposite.

So, you are in support for 9 year old kids buying morning after pills without a prescription and without consultation with their parents. I think we are done here.

Nope, I want kids to have great parents who don't need government to force them to tell them anything. They should want to tell their parents.

However, in the real world some kids have abusive degenerate parents that the kids feel like telling the parents would do them psychological and bodily harm.

Would you force a 15 year old girl with a physically abusive alcoholic father to tell him? That'll work out great. What a big help he will be.

Most of these kids buy from planned parenthood who do give counsel to them when parents are not worth a damn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.