171 replies to this topic

#106 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,328 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

No I grasp it. I grasp you think it's fine to let a child die if their parent thinks that is the right thing to do.

I'm done talking to the crazy person. It's exhausting.

Whether I think it is fine is irrelevant. It isn't my child. It isn't my call. An otherwise law-abiding parent with no history of abuse should be able to make those moral decisions on their own terms, not everyone else's. They have to live with their decisions, not the rest of us.

Again, the concept of actual liberty flies right over the head of the vast majority of people on this board. What is worst is those people that proclaim it most fervently are the worst offenders of majoritarian tyrannical ethics.

#107 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,218 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:55 PM

I have to sign a permission slip to allow my 13 yr old to go on field trips to those dangerous museums but am pill? Lol

Wow

This isn't cut and dried.

If anything maybe let the first pill be free. 2nd its cost and 3rd time we need a parental/guardian form.
There has to be a balance of some sorts and some common sense used.

#108 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 5,778 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:55 PM

Oh now I get it. You must be libertarian. Now it makes sense.

#109 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,328 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

Nope, I want kids to have great parents who don't need government to force them to tell them anything. They should want to tell their parents.

However, in the real world some kids have abusive degenerate parents that the kids feel like telling the parents would do them psychological and bodily harm.

Would you force a 15 year old girl with a physically abusive alcoholic father to tell him? That'll work out great. What a big help he will be.

Most of these kids buy from planned parenthood who do give counsel to them when parents are not worth a damn.

Until you can prove that a child is a legal adult, your stance means nothing. Morally is another matter entirely. Morality is not the purview of the state, but of the parents. If your argument is made on those grounds, then we have no disagreement.

Your thinly veiled argument speaks otherwise though. The state has no ethical recourse with otherwise law-abiding parents to make those decisions "on their behalf". You are more intent on being SEEN as right on this board rather than BEING RIGHT.

#110 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,328 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:58 PM

Oh now I get it. You must be libertarian. Now it makes sense.

Oh yeah... horrible notion, that.... concept of liberty, responsibility that goes with it... all that stuff. That makes me the WORST kind of person, doesn't it?

#111 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

I have to sign a permission slip to allow my 13 yr old to go on field trips to those dangerous museums but am pill? Lol

Wow

This isn't cut and dried.

If anything maybe let the first pill be free. 2nd its cost and 3rd time we need a parental/guardian form.
There has to be a balance of some sorts and some common sense used.

How is the pill any different than any other over the counter medication in terms of harm it could do? In fact, aren't there hundreds of more harmful drugs over the counter that needs no permission? What about those?

If a 12 year old had a headache couldn't she OD on tylenol? Shouldn't she need permission?

So what is the difference here? The behavior that caused the need for the pill. Because it involves sex people get weird about it due to a book written two thousand years ago.

#112 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

Oh yeah... horrible notion, that.... concept of liberty, responsibility that goes with it... all that stuff. That makes me the WORST kind of person, doesn't it?

You are wanting more government control to replace adequate parenting. Think about it.

#113 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 5,778 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

No, just one disconnected from reality.

#114 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:06 PM

The state has no ethical recourse with otherwise law-abiding parents to make those decisions "on their behalf".

The government is not forcing these girls to get the pills.

They are not getting involved.

Big difference.

#115 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,328 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:06 PM

You are wanting more government control to replace adequate parenting. Think about it.

So, I go back to my original statement in this thread... why not just open up drugs of all kinds in all schools for dispensation and just be done with it?

#116 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:07 PM

So, I go back to my original statement in this thread... why not just open up drugs of all kinds in all schools for dispensation and just be done with it?

straw man.

You aren't good at this.

#117 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,328 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

The government is not forcing these girls to get the pills.

They are not getting involved.

Big difference.

The girls are not legal adults. By definition, government is already involved. Big difference.

#118 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,328 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:09 PM

straw man.

You aren't good at this.

Taking your reasoning to its logical ends is a straw man? How exactly is that?

#119 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:09 PM

The girls are not legal adults. By definition, government is already involved. Big difference.

Can they buy over the counter meds without a parent? Has this always been the case? How is this any different?

#120 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:10 PM

Taking your reasoning to its logical ends is a straw man? How exactly is that?

The fact you think it is a logical end says it all. Really, stop typing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.