Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:10 PM

Posted Image

#122 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:12 PM

I sometimes think some conservatives want to keep the abortions up in this country just so they can stay on their soap box. They aren't really interested in fixing the issue.

#123 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,519 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

I sometimes think some conservatives want to keep the abortions up in this country just so they can stay on their soap box. They aren't really interested in fixing the issue.

I think that applies to 95% of the "issues" and both sides are guilty.

#124 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:18 PM

The fact you think it is a logical end says it all. Really, stop typing.

Ah... so you can't identify your own logic for the purposes of its own defense. And I'm the one chasing my tail.

Allow me to spell it out for you then:

Judge rules that morning after pill should be available to all ages
Government has already demonstrated history of dispensing birth control at schools irregardless of parent's wishes, ergo state sanctions undermine parental rights under the guise of "children's safety and public health"
Typical arguments on various talk shows, news programs, political rhetoric, academic circles cite that children will engage in this behavior anyway, so we have to deal with reality regardless of what parents believe
>>>>> Using same logic, children use drugs, so we may as well make it safe for them in the interest of "children's safety and public health"

You were either wrong then, or you are wrong now... which is it?

#125 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

Ah... so you can't identify your own logic for the purposes of its own defense. And I'm the one chasing my tail.

Government has already demonstrated history of dispensing birth control at schools irregardless of parent's wishes, ergo state sanctions undermine parental rights under the guise of "children's safety and public health"
Typical arguments on various talk shows, news programs, political rhetoric, academic circles cite that children will engage in this behavior anyway, so we have to deal with reality regardless of what parents believe
>>>>> Using same logic, children use drugs, so we may as well make it safe for them in the interest of "children's safety and public health"

Using that logic anyone that supports giving away things at schools must support giving away all things at schools.

Also I'm not sure what schools have to do with this argument

#126 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

It isn't logic. It's lunacy.

#127 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:31 PM

So its expensive and it may not be affordable for kids and they won't be able to buy and mom dad won't be told.

And this is an effective tool how?

If we truly cared about the kids and we don't want their parents because God forbid they know shouldn't we make this pill free?
In fact shouldn't we all just chip in to a general morning after pill escrow fund?
The kid gets a free am pill with no worries of any repercussions or accountability and the parents are cool because they don't even know AND no abortions.
What a win win win.

Most kids can afford a single pill, but buying them regularly is completely different. This may just be me projecting on others, but there is nothing quite like a pregnancy scare and expensive ass pill to make you a lot more aware of your birth control options

#128 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,506 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:08 PM

States gain more ground on what is right for our children and what is not
State grants itself power to make decisions "behalf of parents"
State opens up a "special school" for kids to give them special education
Parents that refuse to do so are eventually forced to give up their children
Children are never heard from again

Delhommey, "Yeah, like that would EVER happen!"
Native Americans: "Check your history dipshit"

Your gross simplification of the plight of Native Americans and of the atrocity of those boarding schools is fuging disgusting.

This is nothing like that and you should be ashamed.

#129 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,506 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:12 PM

I have to sign a permission slip to allow my 13 yr old to go on field trips to those dangerous museums but am pill? Lol

Wow

This isn't cut and dried.

If anything maybe let the first pill be free. 2nd its cost and 3rd time we need a parental/guardian form.
There has to be a balance of some sorts and some common sense used.

2nd and 3rd? do you know kids that are going to blow $150 on contraception regularly?

re: permission slip, that is a poor comparison as that has a lot more to do with school-based liability.

#130 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,747 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:13 PM

lol twylyght is a master of logical fallacies. He takes them to a whole new level.

The issue is simply a moral thing that baby boomers can't get over. Word it however you like.

#131 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,506 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:15 PM

There's quite a bit of debate on if you *can* make drugs safe. I'm not sure of a decent analogy, but something like providing clean needles to teenagers isn't going to make heroin itself safer, whereas providing condoms to those same individuals will make sex safer.

Providing the morning after pill in school would get f'ing expensive. Isn't going to happen.

#132 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:24 PM

And the pile on commences. Rather than take on the actual issue of what parents have a right to know with respect to their children, this board has opted to ignore history, legality, and morality for the sake of holding the party line.

Carry on with your community circle jerk. I'm off to work. Good luck on finding any ground with which to wrap your heads around the concept of being able to live our lives as we see fit. Don't cry to me when things don't go your way because you've entrusted a "benevolent government" to watch after yourselves.

#133 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,747 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:30 PM

Annnnd every thread twylyght argues in ends up with some form of 'rather than take on the actual issue......'.

"Debating creationists twylght on the topic of evolution anything is rather like trying to play chess with a pigeon — it knocks the pieces over, craps on the board, and flies back to its flock to claim victory."

#134 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,506 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:41 PM

And the pile on commences. Rather than take on the actual issue of what parents have a right to know with respect to their children, this board has opted to ignore history, legality, and morality for the sake of holding the party line.

Carry on with your community circle jerk. I'm off to work. Good luck on finding any ground with which to wrap your heads around the concept of being able to live our lives as we see fit. Don't cry to me when things don't go your way because you've entrusted a "benevolent government" to watch after yourselves.

Glad to see you're defeated. Adios :)

#135 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,829 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:10 PM

hey guys make sure you don't use polyurethane condoms, we haven't had a full generation of testing to make sure your dick doesn't turn purple and fall off when you turn 80

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com