Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

koolkatluke

Should we draft 2 DT?

75 posts in this topic

I've been really high on SS Jonathan Cyprian at #14 and then picking whatever NT is there at #44.

Jenkins, Hankins, Brandon or Jessie Williams. With so much equal talent I'd be surprised if one of them doesn't fall.

I've never been a fan of drafting multiple players of the same position unless we're given no choice, a BPA falls to us, or you're like SF and have a million picks.

Best to bring in vet FAs to help the youngsters who are drafted.

Apparently the NFC Pro-Bowl Defense next year will be comprised primarily of Panther players. I must have either missed something, or you have completely jumped the gun on your pre-season team evaluation.

Please discuss the Charlotte Bobcats All-stars for next year when you have an opportunity.

Hyperboil much or do you just enjoy talking out of your ass.

I'm not a fan of the line of thinking position before just straight up quality of an individual player and fit. Everyone is thinking about the combos we could take 1st & 2nd strictly position wise rather than looking at actual players.

Just because there's more people at a position doesnt mean jack. . . the odds for success are still the same for every DT taken. He might be good, he might be bad. Does it get more likely to flip a coin on heads after tails has dropped 9 times?

Fwiw, that is true at every position.

We are in a passing league and we have a backfield full of one year rentals. Not an ideal situation by any means. The only hope for our secondary at the moment is our pass rush stays the same because coverage will be average.

But I'm not looking into th future. I don't care it they're in 1yr deals. I'm looking at now, and I believe we're better there now than last year.

Trading our 1 will net much more than a 2 and a 3, even if it was with the Jags who own #33. It'd get us more like next year's 1, this year's 2 and 3.

And we don't have any 7ths.

But switch out Short for Hankins (if God willing he were to fall, in that scenario,) or S. Williams and switch out Mathieu for Rambo or just about anyone else projected in that round and I'd be happy with that draft :)

so for the one a 2 a3 and 2x7 ;)

But I'm not looking into th future. I don't care it they're in 1yr deals. I'm looking at now, and I believe we're better there now than last year.

Yeah I don't agree with that. If we are better there now then last year then we really sucked last year. Because we are not good there now.

Yeah I don't agree with that. If we are better there now then last year then we really sucked last year. Because we are not good there now.

Yes we are. And we def sucked their last year.

We loss an aging Gamble but added a lot of no names that can actually play. Norman will be better and Captain will solidify the nickle. Florence will probably get a starting job. DJ is a play maker and Thomas and Dockery played well. They will surprise a lot of people like you in particular. If they suck, bump my post here up.

These are scenarios that I want to happen:

Scenario 1

(1) Keenan/Tavon

(2) Hunter

Scenario 2

(1) Sheldon

(2) Hankins/Jesse/Short

Scenario 3

(1) Cyprien

(2) Reid

Scenario 4

(1) Rhodes