Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PredatorPeppers

Is Julius Peppers the greatest player in Panthers history?

482 posts in this topic

BOBCATS GAME DRUNK AS fug I LOVE MY CAROLINA SPORTS I LOVE ALL MY PANTHER AND BOBCATS FANS WE BALL HARD GO PANTHERS LOVE YOU BROS

one of the reasons that people rip peppers for coasting on talent is because his technique is still pretty unpolished for someone who's been in the league for a decade.

he has a bull rush and that's about it.

Wrong again, Peppers does have a very good bull rush true. But he also has a very good speed rush around the outside, as well as a very good Reggie White style hump move where he fakes outside and uses the hump move back inside. He also has a good rip under mover and I've seen him use a spin move on occasion too, not quite as good as Dwight Freeney's but still effective.

http://articles.chic...l-idonije-sacks

"Guy is a monster," weak-side linebacker Lance Briggs said.

Offered Idonije: "He literally is throwing guys all over the place. I mean, throwing tackles, tight ends, it doesn't matter who he's lined up against. He has his way with those guys. It's just incredible to watch."

It's the kind of performance that doesn't translate into stat sheets and doesn't even get its proper due on a highlight show.

"The numbers don't talk about what he did," defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli said. "It was the intensity of the game he played at, the speed. My God, the details of his pass rush. Forget the sacks already. Some of the rushes where the ball came out quick, they were some of the prettiest rushes you'd ever want to see. Just beautiful, the skill, the technique, the work habit, you know? He's starting to really come right now. It ignites everybody else around him."

blKX9sy.gif

Can this sh!t thread die already!?

Peppers? The best Panther ever? Ha! He's not even The Panthers best DE of all time. CJ is going to surpass Peppers in 3-4 years.

Julius is an athletic freak with no fortitude.

...he's still a little beotch...love this thread, one of my favorite subject...

waits 20 pages to post this gem...

bears fan posing as a Carolina panthers fan, need I say more?

He's our best first round pick.