Photo
* * - - - 5 votes

Is Julius Peppers the greatest player in Panthers history?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
482 replies to this topic

#241 PredatorPeppers

PredatorPeppers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

30.5 is good. Not spectacular, but pretty good.

Even looking at his FF, INTs and blocks, nothing really leaps out at you. Maybe his INTs? He's never been close to Jared Allen as a player, but Peppers is a nice DE.

Peppers is most def a more dominant DE than Allen. All Allen does is pin his ears back and try to get a sack on every play much like DeMarcus Ware. Peppers is a COMPLETE DE and plays well in all facets of the game as I've pointed out in earlier posts.

Peppers > Allen > Ware

#242 PredatorPeppers

PredatorPeppers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:04 PM

ban OP please

Ban yourself please.

#243 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,509 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:14 PM

Peppers is most def a more dominant DE than Allen. All Allen does is pin his ears back and try.. on every play

#244 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,182 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:16 PM

You are wrong man, Peppers hasn't squandered anything, he doesn't take plays off, that is a myth and can be proven wrong by watching him play. Just look at the OP and look at all he has accomplished so far in 11 years. Can a player who takes plays off, doesn't try and doesn't care have that kind of impact and do what he did?

Jon Beason and Thomas Davis (who have actually played with him) would disagree with you. They were so annoyed by his consistent lack of effort that Beason went public with it to call him out.

Anyone who knows anything about football could tell you Peppers took plays and sometimes whole games off.

#245 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,757 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:17 PM

No

#246 PredatorPeppers

PredatorPeppers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:19 PM

Posted Image

#247 PredatorPeppers

PredatorPeppers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:22 PM

Jon Beason and Thomas Davis (who have actually played with him) would disagree with you. They were so annoyed by his consistent lack of effort that Beason went public with it to call him out.

Anyone who knows anything about football could tell you Peppers took plays and sometimes whole games off.

Go back and read through the thread and you will see my response with article evidence that the notion that Peppers takes plays off is false.

#248 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,149 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:22 PM

Johnson can't hold Peppers jock strap, sorry.

That's just laughable little lady. I'm a Tar Heel fan, I loved peppers for years. I watched every game he ever played in. The guy is a physical monster, gym rat, and all around athlete. He DID take plays off, hell he took weeks off, he even took a year off. The man could dominate the league in a way that has never been seen and yet he is content with just being better than most. It's frustrating to me to see such an obvious man among boys just kind of coast through his career with no drive to be better than he is.

At this point I would gladly take CJ and his constant productivity over Peppers splash plays against inferior opponents in meaningless games.

#249 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,182 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:29 PM

Go back and read through the thread and you will see my response with article evidence that the notion that Peppers takes plays off is false.

I don't need to, I've watched just about every game the man ever played in and I'm 150% sure he took plays (and sometimes whole games) off.

Peppers impressive career stats are a tribute to his potential greatness, but he didn't achieve anything close to his potential because he didn't give anything close to full effort.

#250 PredatorPeppers

PredatorPeppers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

That's just laughable little lady. I'm a Tar Heel fan, I loved peppers for years. I watched every game he ever played in. The guy is a physical monster, gym rat, and all around athlete. He DID take plays off, hell he took weeks off, he even took a year off. The man could dominate the league in a way that has never been seen and yet he is content with just being better than most. It's frustrating to me to see such an obvious man among boys just kind of coast through his career with no drive to be better than he is.

At this point I would gladly take CJ and his constant productivity over Peppers splash plays against inferior opponents in meaningless games.

I've watched Peppers his entire career as well and we are just going to have to agree to disagree on the subject. Peppers is the most dominant DE of the past decade and plays hard every game. As pointed out earlier, he didn't rack up his stats and accolades by "coasting through his career."

http://en.wikipedia..../Julius_Peppers

College Football Awards and honors NFL awards and honors
  • NFL Rookie of the Month (10/02)
  • 2002 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year
  • 2004 NFL Alumni Defensive Lineman of the Year
  • 2004 NFC Defensive Player of the Year
  • NFL 2000's All Decade Team
  • 100 Sacks Club
  • 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 NFC Pro Bowl
  • 2004, 2006, 2010 All-Pro First Team
  • 2008, 2009, 2012 All-Pro Second Team
  • Four time NFC Defensive Player of the Month (11/2004, 10/2006, 11/2010, 11/2011)
  • Five time NFC Defensive Player of the Week (11/13/06, 11/9/08, 11/1/09, 11/18/10,12/23/12)
Panthers franchise records
  • Most career sacks (81)
  • Most career forced fumbles (30)
  • Longest Interception return: 97 (vs. Denver Broncos 10/10/04)
NFL records and accomplishments
  • Most interception return yards by a defensive lineman in NFL history: 178 yds
  • Most interception return yards in a single season by a defensive lineman in NFL history: 143 yds
  • Longest interception return by a defensive lineman in NFL history: 97 yds
  • Most interception return yards in a single game by a defensive lineman in NFL history: 97 yds
  • Most combined interception and fumble return yards by a defensive lineman in a single season since NFL merger in 1970: 203 yds
  • Tied for second most interceptions returned for touchdowns by a defensive lineman in NFL history: 2
  • Eighteenth most sacks in NFL history: 111.5
  • Tied for tenth most forced fumbles in NFL history: 37
  • Tied for second most interceptions by a defensive lineman in NFL history: 8
  • Third most passes defensed by a defensive lineman in NFL history: 59
  • Second most blocked kicks in NFL history: 13
  • Tied for fifth most double digit sack seasons in NFL history: 8
  • Tied for fourth most games with at least three sacks: 9
  • Tied for fifteenth most multiple sack games in NFL history: 28

#251 PredatorPeppers

PredatorPeppers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

I don't need to, I've watched just about every game the man ever played in and I'm 150% sure he took plays (and sometimes whole games) off.

Peppers impressive career stats are a tribute to his potential greatness, but he didn't achieve anything close to his potential because he didn't give anything close to full effort.

Wrong again.

#252 Herb

Herb

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:42 PM

Steve Smith is without question the greatest Panther of all time.

Peppers was great for us, but nowhere close to the best. I don't understand why you are posting highlights and/or stats of him post Carolina. That has nothing to do with us. He's actually been much worse of a player since leaving our organization, but anything great he has done since leaving has nothing to do with us. That would be like the Panthers using Reggie White to take credit for everything he did before coming to Carolina and saying he's the best of all time for us.

We all appreciate Peppers for his service here, but he was always an awkward guy and never wanted to be loved and never wanted to perform to his potential day in and day out. He was never a leader and never really seemed happy. He had some great years, but we don't miss him. When Smitty retires we're all going to miss the hell out of him for a long long time. It feels like Peppers was never even here these days. Charles Johnson and Greg Hardy have more than replaced his presence. And Peppers was never a special guy off the field like Smitty is as well.

#253 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,709 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:46 PM

somebody just dug a giant massive humungous fuging hole in the middle of the road and hoped everyone would just not see it and drive right into it en masse

sure enough

#254 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,470 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:58 PM

Because you know better than someone on the team if someone isnt giving their all. I trust my eyes and what teammates say. Im glad Beason called him out. Just like im glad smith called cam out.

Okay, give your more players that praised Peppers....and all you have is a Jon Beason comment. Which clearly was an immature moment and being caught up in one of Allen's great statistical games.

I find it funny people praise Beason and Smith for that....both where in the wrong.

Ask Charles Johnson about Peppers....

#255 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,470 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

Steve Smith is without question the greatest Panther of all time.

Peppers was great for us, but nowhere close to the best. I don't understand why you are posting highlights and/or stats of him post Carolina. That has nothing to do with us. He's actually been much worse of a player since leaving our organization, but anything great he has done since leaving has nothing to do with us. That would be like the Panthers using Reggie White to take credit for everything he did before coming to Carolina and saying he's the best of all time for us.

We all appreciate Peppers for his service here, but he was always an awkward guy and never wanted to be loved and never wanted to perform to his potential day in and day out. He was never a leader and never really seemed happy. He had some great years, but we don't miss him. When Smitty retires we're all going to miss the hell out of him for a long long time. It feels like Peppers was never even here these days. Charles Johnson and Greg Hardy have more than replaced his presence. And Peppers was never a special guy off the field like Smitty is as well.

Nowhere close?

That makes your post nowhere near accurate, wouldn't?

If you just let the play in the field speak for itself....ignore all off field stuff (good and bad). Peppers is right there with Smith.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com