Photo
* * - - - 5 votes

Is Julius Peppers the greatest player in Panthers history?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
482 replies to this topic

#286 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:23 PM

OP, man, I follow athletes and enjoy sports as much as the next guy,

but you're like worshipping the dude. Do you realize how weird it is for a grown man (I assume) to be devoting so much time and effort to defending another grown man on a random message board?

he's worshipping a quitter and a weasel.

and before he or anyone says I'm putting just as much effort or energy into it, I've committed maybe 5 minutes of my time and no further thought than the moments I've spent actually responding to a multitude of links to a ton of crap and quotes and youtube videos that i didn't look at and don't intend to because he deserves as much effort as he put into trying to stay here.

in fact I've given him, this thread, and this peppers hero worshipper more attention than deserved. am i mad? nah....just not going to waste anymore time on this big eared clown.

#287 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,968 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:28 PM

yeah we all remember julius crying because he was the biggest thing going in charlotte and panthers fans loved him to death. i'm surprised you brought that up considering you posted this several pages back:

The media in Carolina made that crap up about Peppers and some of the stupid fans bought that crap up, I think that is a major reason Peppers left, because he didn't feel appreciated in Carolina.

also you need to read the article because it identifies the "last ditch" offer as being the third one made by the panthers. basically you are stupid and should stop posting.

by the way, it's documented that hurney was trying to sign peppers to an extension as far back as 2007 which was anticipated to make him the highest paid defensive player in the league:

http://espn.go.com/b...contract-status

god damn are you getting owned. you're posting peppers' barely coherent doublespeak whereas i'm coming out with archival news articles that are stuffed with hard facts that slaughter your stupid arguments. how embarrassing!

#288 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,968 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:30 PM

also as for you bringing up the mystery illness in 2007 over and over:

Peppers denied that an illness that sidelined him for much of last year's training camp played a role in his play last season.

"No, I don't think it had lingering effects,'' Peppers said. "I was only sick for maybe two weeks. I will say during that time I lost weight and a little bit of strength and probably a little bit of explosiveness. But during the season, I wasn't sick at all.''

shield your eyes everyone this is getting ugly

#289 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,968 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:33 PM

imagine how dumb you would feel if you were making an argument over and over again and then some really smart, handsome guy with a great avatar came up with a quote from the person you were attempting to speak for that 100% refuted everything you had said up to that point. wouldn't that be awful!

#290 PredatorPeppers

PredatorPeppers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:09 PM

also as for you bringing up the mystery illness in 2007 over and over:

shield your eyes everyone this is getting ugly

Peppers doesn't like to make excuses, he did miss a lot of training camp in 2007 and suffered from an illness and lost weight and strength. And just because his sack numbers were down doesn't mean he didn't have an impact, he had 3 forced fumbles, 2 fumble recoveries, 1 interception, 5 passes defensed, and 2 blocked kicks in 2007 while only playing in 14 games that season. Regardless though as stated in a prior post, Peppers isn't the only player to ever have a bad season.

Here are just a few players who have had bad seasons.... there are many more.

http://espn.go.com/n...45/jason-taylor Jason Taylor

http://espn.go.com/n...michael-strahan Michael Strahan

http://espn.go.com/n...4/chris-doleman Chris Doleman

http://espn.go.com/n...47/richard-dent Richard Dent

http://espn.go.com/n.../dwight-freeney Dwight Freeney

#291 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:30 PM

I'd argue Pep is now the 2nd best athlete thanks to a guy now on the roster....and the guy to surpass Smith is already on the roster as well and off to a historic pace.

Newton has shown flashes, images that we right now will remember for life, but he has more years before he hits that greatest level of Smith or even Peppers. As far as Peppers athleticism you have to believe what PredatorPeppers said because Peppers could ball. He was no joke when playing on the court with the basketball power house UNC players.

#292 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:32 PM

Imagine Peppers and CJ together with Hardy at DT alongside another competent DT

#293 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:46 AM

...forgot to mention his other two distinctions... pussy and traitor...

#294 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,270 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:40 AM

Newton has shown flashes, images that we right now will remember for life, but he has more years before he hits that greatest level of Smith or even Peppers. As far as Peppers athleticism you have to believe what PredatorPeppers said because Peppers could ball. He was no joke when playing on the court with the basketball power house UNC players.

2 years in...vs any panther 2 years in....Newton is on a completely different level IMO.

That is why I said he is on the roster...not that he has trumped Smith yet. But he should.

#295 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 4,075 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:43 AM

with Peppers before the 2006 season He played with a fire that we just never saw afterwords, just imagine if peppers player with the same fire that Hardy does. dude would be talked about every other sportscenter about being a first ballout HOF like Ray Lewis, but he just never had the drive.

Now I have nothing against peppers leaving, do I hate that he left? yep, but with that said I should be the last person on earth the blame someone for just wanting to get a change of scenery, because I've done that like 5 times already, got bored with a spot and moved.

#296 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,733 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:50 AM

They made a last ditch effort, by then it was too late. Regardless, whether Peppers wanted to stay or not really doesn't matter, maybe he felt it was time to move on, maybe he didn't like the fans and media in Carolina talking garbage about him, etc.

http://articles.chic...l-carey-chicago

"I think back in Charlotte, I had been there so long that everybody got used to me. I mean, I got attention there and all that. But out here in Chicago, it feels a lot more genuine.''
Peppers' words and body language imply that his desire to bolt Charlotte wasn't all about leaving Carolina PanthersPosted Image blue behind for the green in Chicago.
"Truth be told, that's really one of the small reasons that I wanted to get out; because everybody knows your business in Charlotte,'' he says. "I wanted to try something different because out here in Chicago, Jordan was here. Pippen was here. They've got Urlacher. They've got hockey. They've got the baseballPosted Image. In Charlotte, it was all about the Panthers.''
Peppers pauses then finishes the thought.
"I live on a small town on the lake, and I mean people would get on their jet skis and just post up in front of my crib, trying to see who was there in my house.''
Peppers' initial impression of his new home is that it mirrors Toronto and New York, his favorite getaways. Here in Chicago, he believes he can live in obscurity.

Translation, it's easier to hide my homosexual lifestyle here in Chicago.

#297 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:04 AM

OP would give Peppers a handjob if he asked him

#298 PredatorPeppers

PredatorPeppers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:28 AM

with Peppers before the 2006 season He played with a fire that we just never saw afterwords, just imagine if peppers player with the same fire that Hardy does. dude would be talked about every other sportscenter about being a first ballout HOF like Ray Lewis, but he just never had the drive.

Now I have nothing against peppers leaving, do I hate that he left? yep, but with that said I should be the last person on earth the blame someone for just wanting to get a change of scenery, because I've done that like 5 times already, got bored with a spot and moved.

Then why did Peppers record his career high in sacks in 2008? Why did he play with a broken hand in 2009 and still dominate? How did he finish 4th in the DOPtY Award voting in 2010 if he didn't play with desire? Why did the Bears give Peppers a six year contract worth up to 91.5 million dollars if he took plays off and didn't care? All that stuff about him not caring and taking plays off is hear say and just isn't true.

http://sports.yahoo....persbears011411

Chicago Bears coach Lovie Smith and defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli approached the offseason evaluation of defensive end Julius Peppers with caution.
The second overall pick in the 2002 NFL draft, Peppers was a five-time Pro Bowl selection who had racked up 25 sacks in the previous two seasons, yet, during the 2010 offseason, he was an unrestricted free agent.

“We did a lot of homework on him,” Smith said, “and everything came back the same.”
Despite his immense NFL success – 81 sacks in his first eight seasons – Peppers was dogged by questions that he wasn’t consistent and that he didn’t fulfill his potential. So Smith wanted to be comfortable that Peppers was going to be a cornerstone defender and not a free-agent disaster.
Smith sought the input of numerous people he trusted, including his friend Ron Meeks, the Carolina Panthers’ defensive coordinator in 2009 and 2010.
“ ‘One of the best guys you will have a chance to coach,’ ” Smith recalled one person telling him. “Everything was positive.”
Peppers was an exception, so the Bears made an exception.

#299 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:33 AM

what thus thread needs is more quotes from random articles that no one is going to read.

#300 PredatorPeppers

PredatorPeppers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:42 AM

what thus thread needs is more quotes from random articles that no one is going to read.

I think I'll take the word of Peppers' coaches and teammates that say he is a great player and teammate and plays hard over a few disgruntled fans that say he takes plays off and doesn't care. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com