Photo
* * - - - 5 votes

Is Julius Peppers the greatest player in Panthers history?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
482 replies to this topic

#251 PredatorPeppers

PredatorPeppers

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

I don't need to, I've watched just about every game the man ever played in and I'm 150% sure he took plays (and sometimes whole games) off.

Peppers impressive career stats are a tribute to his potential greatness, but he didn't achieve anything close to his potential because he didn't give anything close to full effort.

Wrong again.

#252 Herb

Herb

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:42 PM

Steve Smith is without question the greatest Panther of all time.

Peppers was great for us, but nowhere close to the best. I don't understand why you are posting highlights and/or stats of him post Carolina. That has nothing to do with us. He's actually been much worse of a player since leaving our organization, but anything great he has done since leaving has nothing to do with us. That would be like the Panthers using Reggie White to take credit for everything he did before coming to Carolina and saying he's the best of all time for us.

We all appreciate Peppers for his service here, but he was always an awkward guy and never wanted to be loved and never wanted to perform to his potential day in and day out. He was never a leader and never really seemed happy. He had some great years, but we don't miss him. When Smitty retires we're all going to miss the hell out of him for a long long time. It feels like Peppers was never even here these days. Charles Johnson and Greg Hardy have more than replaced his presence. And Peppers was never a special guy off the field like Smitty is as well.

#253 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun
HUDDLER

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:46 PM

somebody just dug a giant massive humungous fuging hole in the middle of the road and hoped everyone would just not see it and drive right into it en masse

sure enough

#254 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:58 PM

Because you know better than someone on the team if someone isnt giving their all. I trust my eyes and what teammates say. Im glad Beason called him out. Just like im glad smith called cam out.

Okay, give your more players that praised Peppers....and all you have is a Jon Beason comment. Which clearly was an immature moment and being caught up in one of Allen's great statistical games.

I find it funny people praise Beason and Smith for that....both where in the wrong.

Ask Charles Johnson about Peppers....

#255 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

Steve Smith is without question the greatest Panther of all time.

Peppers was great for us, but nowhere close to the best. I don't understand why you are posting highlights and/or stats of him post Carolina. That has nothing to do with us. He's actually been much worse of a player since leaving our organization, but anything great he has done since leaving has nothing to do with us. That would be like the Panthers using Reggie White to take credit for everything he did before coming to Carolina and saying he's the best of all time for us.

We all appreciate Peppers for his service here, but he was always an awkward guy and never wanted to be loved and never wanted to perform to his potential day in and day out. He was never a leader and never really seemed happy. He had some great years, but we don't miss him. When Smitty retires we're all going to miss the hell out of him for a long long time. It feels like Peppers was never even here these days. Charles Johnson and Greg Hardy have more than replaced his presence. And Peppers was never a special guy off the field like Smitty is as well.

Nowhere close?

That makes your post nowhere near accurate, wouldn't?

If you just let the play in the field speak for itself....ignore all off field stuff (good and bad). Peppers is right there with Smith.

#256 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• LocationAsheville, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

somebody just dug a giant massive humungous fuging hole in the middle of the road and hoped everyone would just not see it and drive right into it en masse

sure enough

I saw it coming but I was bored and can be a pie ***** from time to time, which this thread envokes.

#257 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:03 PM

30.5 is good. Not spectacular, but pretty good.

Even looking at his FF, INTs and blocks, nothing really leaps out at you. Maybe his INTs? He's never been close to Jared Allen as a player, but Peppers is a nice DE.

Peppers is entering his 12th year...he isn't suppose to wow you right now...

Career wise....all his numbers jump out bc he is the only player you find in the mix in all those different aspects.

Allen is a better pass rusher....Peppers the better overal player. Career production backs it

#258 Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationStokeridge
HUDDLER

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:06 PM

Hell no.

#259 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• LocationAsheville, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:07 PM

Okay, give your more players that praised Peppers....and all you have is a Jon Beason comment. Which clearly was an immature moment and being caught up in one of Allen's great statistical games.

I find it funny people praise Beason and Smith for that....both where in the wrong.

Ask Charles Johnson about Peppers....

You are that kid in my seminar class who has to disagree regardless. Either because your bored or because you're a douche. Probably both. Lets pick and choose information. The leader of the defense, Beason or the new DE, who is trying to model himself after the best defensive player. Take a personality between Cj or Beason to be a leader. I take Beast everyday and twice on sunday

#260 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:14 PM

You are that kid in my seminar class who has to disagree regardless. Either because your borrd pr because you're a douche. Probably both. Lets pick and choose information. The leader of the defense, Beason or the new DE, who is trying to model himself after the best defensive player. Take personality between Cj or Beason to be a leader. I take Beast everyday and twice on sunday

Name me player that has ever questioned Peppers outside Beason....who quickly apologized. Go back and look at all those who have addressed those who have questioned Peppers. It is a landslide reaction in favor of Peppers.

There are some posters on this board who view certain payers as mini gods. Steve Smith could take a dump on Rivera's desk and some one find a way to spin as just another reason Smith is awesome.

Beason made a mistake.

But those is me bowing out of my discussion with you....I can discuss things all day. But once one resorts to childish name calling I have no interest in discussing things with them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users