Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My adult kickball team won our first game in 2 years tonight

57 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='panthers55' timestamp='1365825431' post='2193768']

midget wrestling................ LOL
[/quote]

You wish it was midget wrestling.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Promethean Forerunner' timestamp='1365825658' post='2193771']
You wish it was midget wrestling.
[/quote]

That would make it fun to watch. So do you make money at it or do you just pay to enter and then pay for health care to get hurt and hopefully win a trophy. I know top folks in MMA can make a living. What about grappling???

Posted · Report post

Oz

Posted · Report post

[quote name='panthers55' timestamp='1365826474' post='2193778']

That would make it fun to watch. So do you make money at it or do you just pay to enter and then pay for health care to get hurt and hopefully win a trophy. I know top folks in MMA can make a living. What about grappling???
[/quote]

Grappling isn't a sport where you get paid a ton of cash but if you're good enough one might be able to live on the revenue. The best in the world win international tournaments with some of cash prizes varying from $3,000 to $50,000. In addition to winning tournaments, a top level grappler could get hired by MMA training camps and/or organizations or open their own gyms and charge regular joes a monthly fee to learn.

I, of course, don't compete at such a high level yet. I'm a full time student and a part-time radiologist and pilot. I came close to going to the olympics years ago in Judo though.

Posted · Report post

Panther kickball thread derailed :-(

Posted · Report post

This is literally the greatest news I have heard all day...
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='SCP' timestamp='1365828641' post='2193797']
Panther kickball thread derailed :-(
[/quote]

You should strongly consider contacting Panther cast offs to join your squad. There's nothing unethical about using ringers. You would never lose a game ever again.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Promethean Forerunner' timestamp='1365828780' post='2193799']
You should strongly consider contacting Panther cast offs to join your squad. There's nothing unethical about using ringers. You would never lose a game ever again.
[/quote]

What about almost Olympians? Are they qualified?

Posted · Report post

I played my first "adult" kickball game last Thursday. We got waxed 9-0. That crap was harder to kick than I thought. Dude had spin on that thing like a bowling ball! Also, I was about 5 beers deep so that may or may not have helped.

Congrats on the win. It was frustrating as hell to me just losing that one game.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Anybody's sneaker fly off?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='SCP' timestamp='1365818365' post='2193662']
How is this Panther related? Im a Panther fan and who gives a fug. We kicked that Balls & Dolls ass.

Hippy Kicks bout to run this league bitches.
[/quote]
And... and you say my posts are bad..

Posted · Report post

The Hurricanes should bring you in as a consultant.

Posted · Report post

What league is this in?

I played last spring in Huntersville. It got old real fast. Some teams took that Shiit way too serious

Posted · Report post

[quote name='SCP' timestamp='1365818365' post='2193662']
How is this Panther related? Im a Panther fan and who gives a fug. We kicked that Balls & Dolls ass.

Hippy Kicks bout to run this league bitches.
[/quote]
you better Kick a team named Balls & Dolls ass, but then a again I cant put the past the Hippy Kicks.... lol Congratulation

Posted · Report post

[quote name='MtnJax' timestamp='1365854191' post='2193869']
What league is this in?

I played last spring in Huntersville. It got old real fast. Some teams took that Shiit way too serious
[/quote]

Down in Tega Cay. There are teams here that take it way to serious. Part of the reason we have only won one game is because our priorities are
1) Beer
2) Night away from kids
3) kickball

Posted · Report post

[quote name='SCP' timestamp='1365858229' post='2193891']
Down in Tega Cay. There are teams here that take it way to serious. Part of the reason we have only won one game is because our priorities are
1) Beer
2) Night away from kids
3) kickball
[/quote]

Good priorities there. I could get into a sport where drinking beer is a prerequisite to play. Then again it might explain why some teams take it so seriously. Most folks find alcohol increases aggression not decreases. Now if they smoked pot, they would quit after one or two rounds and head to the nearest buffet, LOL.

Posted · Report post

omg this sounds like a great sport! Can you bean people? Are there maskots? . . anddd uhmm is drinking aloud IN the game?

as far as drinking games go, nothing I know tops Beer Frisby

Posted · Report post

Kickball is tons of fun. For those that take your rec sports slightly more seriously, I reccomend the Panthers flag football tournament. Nothing like catching a TD pass in BoA Stadium then watching a replay of yourself on the video boards.

Posted · Report post

Congratulations on the win.... I'm proud of you SCP

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Mother Grabber' timestamp='1365853253' post='2193860']
The Hurricanes should bring you in as a consultant.
[/quote]

You know what sport the hurricanes play right?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Fug' timestamp='1365848231' post='2193850']
And... and you say my posts are bad..
[/quote]

SCP is a message board legend! You, you're just fuggin fugged! Keep Pounding

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Promethean Forerunner' timestamp='1365828283' post='2193795']

Grappling isn't a sport where you get paid a ton of cash but if you're good enough one might be able to live on the revenue. The best in the world win international tournaments with some of cash prizes varying from $3,000 to $50,000. In addition to winning tournaments, a top level grappler could get hired by MMA training camps and/or organizations or open their own gyms and charge regular joes a monthly fee to learn.

I, of course, don't compete at such a high level yet. I'm a full time student and a part-time radiologist and pilot. I came close to going to the olympics years ago in Judo though.
[/quote]

What would you possibly be going to school for full time is you were practicing any way as a radiologist? Being a radiologist requires a medical degree.

Posted · Report post

I mean... poo I'll give SCP props for his bob ross avatar at least. Lets all just paint some little happy clouds.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='BigBeast52' timestamp='1365868195' post='2193987']

You know what sport the hurricanes play right?
[/quote]

You mean the Carolina Hurricanes who are on an epic losing streak? Not quite two years, but it sure feels like it.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Raleighcat83' timestamp='1365862506' post='2193940']
Kickball is tons of fun. For those that take your rec sports slightly more seriously, I reccomend the Panthers flag football tournament. Nothing like catching a TD pass in BoA Stadium then watching a replay of yourself on the video boards.
[/quote]

went last year to watch.. put together a team but ended up moving. was really hoping to make that happen at one point.