Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My adult kickball team won our first game in 2 years tonight

57 posts in this topic

Posted

Oh everybody is a god damned MMA pro these days.

midget wrestling................ LOL

Actually I read there are 175000 contestants worldwide. Where BJj means Brazilian Jiu Jitsu instead of what BJs used to mean.

I wonder if you can get lots of money to roll around the ground with other sweaty guys or just a trophy and bragging rights in a grappling tournament.

I saw one in Raleigh where you pay 80 bucks to register and if you win you receive a 4" custom medal

http://www.thegoodfight.tv/north_carolina_grappling_open.html

They had 2 division which are with or without a Gi.

Posted

midget wrestling................ LOL

You wish it was midget wrestling.

Posted

You wish it was midget wrestling.

That would make it fun to watch. So do you make money at it or do you just pay to enter and then pay for health care to get hurt and hopefully win a trophy. I know top folks in MMA can make a living. What about grappling???

Posted

Oz

Posted

That would make it fun to watch. So do you make money at it or do you just pay to enter and then pay for health care to get hurt and hopefully win a trophy. I know top folks in MMA can make a living. What about grappling???

Grappling isn't a sport where you get paid a ton of cash but if you're good enough one might be able to live on the revenue. The best in the world win international tournaments with some of cash prizes varying from $3,000 to $50,000. In addition to winning tournaments, a top level grappler could get hired by MMA training camps and/or organizations or open their own gyms and charge regular joes a monthly fee to learn.

I, of course, don't compete at such a high level yet. I'm a full time student and a part-time radiologist and pilot. I came close to going to the olympics years ago in Judo though.

Posted

Panther kickball thread derailed :-(

Posted

This is literally the greatest news I have heard all day...

1 person likes this

Posted

Panther kickball thread derailed :-(

You should strongly consider contacting Panther cast offs to join your squad. There's nothing unethical about using ringers. You would never lose a game ever again.

Posted

You should strongly consider contacting Panther cast offs to join your squad. There's nothing unethical about using ringers. You would never lose a game ever again.

What about almost Olympians? Are they qualified?

Posted

I played my first "adult" kickball game last Thursday. We got waxed 9-0. That crap was harder to kick than I thought. Dude had spin on that thing like a bowling ball! Also, I was about 5 beers deep so that may or may not have helped.

Congrats on the win. It was frustrating as hell to me just losing that one game.

1 person likes this

Posted

Anybody's sneaker fly off?

Posted

How is this Panther related? Im a Panther fan and who gives a fug. We kicked that Balls & Dolls ass.

Hippy Kicks bout to run this league bitches.

And... and you say my posts are bad..