Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

My adult kickball team won our first game in 2 years tonight

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
56 replies to this topic

#46 Gin and Juice

Gin and Juice

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:00 AM

And... and you say my posts are bad..

SCP is a message board legend! You, you're just fuggin fugged! Keep Pounding

#47 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:18 AM

Grappling isn't a sport where you get paid a ton of cash but if you're good enough one might be able to live on the revenue. The best in the world win international tournaments with some of cash prizes varying from $3,000 to $50,000. In addition to winning tournaments, a top level grappler could get hired by MMA training camps and/or organizations or open their own gyms and charge regular joes a monthly fee to learn.

I, of course, don't compete at such a high level yet. I'm a full time student and a part-time radiologist and pilot. I came close to going to the olympics years ago in Judo though.

What would you possibly be going to school for full time is you were practicing any way as a radiologist? Being a radiologist requires a medical degree.

#48 Jakob

Jakob

never conquered rarely came

Stop Making Threads...

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:58 AM

I mean... poo I'll give SCP props for his bob ross avatar at least. Lets all just paint some little happy clouds.

#49 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

HUDDLER

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:27 PM

You know what sport the hurricanes play right?

You mean the Carolina Hurricanes who are on an epic losing streak? Not quite two years, but it sure feels like it.

#50 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

SUPPORTER

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:01 PM

Kickball is tons of fun. For those that take your rec sports slightly more seriously, I reccomend the Panthers flag football tournament. Nothing like catching a TD pass in BoA Stadium then watching a replay of yourself on the video boards.

went last year to watch.. put together a team but ended up moving. was really hoping to make that happen at one point.

#51 Yaboychris28

Yaboychris28

HUDDLER

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:11 PM

I'm happy for you..

#52 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

What would you possibly be going to school for full time is you were practicing any way as a radiologist? Being a radiologist requires a medical degree.

I'm a Technician, not a full Radiologist. It's something to fall back on and earn money while working through school.

#53 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:45 PM

I'm a Technician, not a full Radiologist. It's something to fall back on and earn money while working through school.

Gotcha...good field.

I was just asking because my wife's sister got a PhD in Biochemical Research. Then quickly decided she did not want to work in a lab....like she could not have decided that earlier.

She went back to school and got a teaching degree to become a HS Teacher.

10 years of out of state tuition to make peanuts....not a high return on investment.

But she loves it and is a fantastic teacher.

#54 Future Of The Franchise

Future Of The Franchise

The Ambassador of Booty

HUDDLER

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

SCP, how does one go about joining such a league, and is there one for dodgeball also?
Congrats on your victory. Drink deeply from the chalice of sucess and bask in the glory.

#55 RonnieDobbs

RonnieDobbs

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:11 PM

I'm not liking the direction this thread is going :-(.

This is a toast to victory!!!! This is a night to honor 2 years of combining heavy drinking with a semi-athletic feats of strength and will! Who's with me!!!!!!!'
http://youtu.be/NqpNQ9AJYgU

I logged in just to say congrats, sir, and thank you for the Animal House reference!

#56 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:59 PM

Gotcha...good field.

I was just asking because my wife's sister got a PhD in Biochemical Research. Then quickly decided she did not want to work in a lab....like she could not have decided that earlier.

She went back to school and got a teaching degree to become a HS Teacher.

10 years of out of state tuition to make peanuts....not a high return on investment.

But she loves it and is a fantastic teacher.

She's following her passion. I can't blame her but yeah I can see your point. The education field isn't particularly blooming with potential and benefits. I, myself, am not the 'settling' type. I can't be at a desk from 9-5 for the rest of my life. I don't care how much money is offered to me.

#57 MtnJax

MtnJax

SUPPORTER

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

Down in Tega Cay. There are teams here that take it way to serious. Part of the reason we have only won one game is because our priorities are
1) Beer
2) Night away from kids
3) kickball

my favorite moment from last spring was when we played the top team in the league and we got a quick 4-0 lead on them through like 3 innings. I was pitching and just to have, I pitched one ball between my leg and the dude at the plate just let it roll by then death stared me lol. i didn't give a fug, i knew we were going to lose eventually