Photo
- - - - -

Cam won't be at offseason workouts this week, likely next week(update: he will attend)

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31 nickzz

nickzz

o

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:43 PM

Sir Cameron Newton: Leader of Men, Lover of Puppies...Esquire

#32 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,850 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

I'd rather he attend workouts since that's what he's paid to do, but this early in the process and since our offense shouldn't change much it really doesn't bother me.

#33 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:41 PM

I'd rather he attend workouts since that's what he's paid to do, but this early in the process and since our offense shouldn't change much it really doesn't bother me.

Wasn't the story that he was also getting paid to go back to school?

#34 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

I was under the impression that workouts were just workouts, not practice or mini camp or the like.

#35 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,511 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:03 AM

Update: Cam will attend workouts this week, will return to Auburn next week.

Panthers third-year quarterback Cam Newton will be back and forth between Charlotte and Alabama a lot the next couple of weeks as he wraps up his coursework at Auburn.

Newton is expected to be in Charlotte this week for the team's offseason workouts, which began Monday at Bank of America Stadium. But Newton likely will return to Auburn next week, his father, Cecil Newton, said Monday.

Offseason workouts in the NFL are voluntary by rule, although having Newton in attendance should be beneficial for a Panthers' team that went a combined 13-19 his first two seasons.
The first two weeks of the offseason program consist of strength and conditioning exercises, and physical therapy for injured players. The Panthers will have OTA practices in May and June, and a mandatory minicamp for veterans June 11-13.

Newton, who spent one year at Auburn after stints at Florida and Blinn (Texas) Junior College, resumed work on his sociology degree this semester.

Cecil Newton said his son should be able to complete his degree requirements next spring.
Newton said in February his return to campus was “a circus,” with students asking for autographs and, in one instance, a date. Cecil Newton said initially “it was something of a reality check” for his son to be back in a classroom for the first time in two years.

“It has its challenges. As a student, you have to put your work in. … You've got to be in class at a certain time. Assignments are due certain dates,” the elder Newton said. “I think it was a great gesture by him to try to finish this thing out.”

Panthers linebacker Luke Kuechly, the Associated Press Defensive Rookie of the Year last season, also returned to school this semester at Boston College. Kuechly is in Charlotte this week participating in the workouts.
--Joseph Person

http://blogs.charlot...n-workouts.html

#36 mjligon

mjligon

@mleezy53

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,205 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:26 AM

Nice, Cam....nice.

#37 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 5,109 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:34 AM

Last day of classes is April 26.

Final exam period is April 29 - May 3.

#38 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• HUDDLER
  • 17,850 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:44 AM

Even better. Same with any player that's under contract, the team has to come first,

Update: Cam will attend workouts this week, will return to Auburn next week.

http://blogs.charlot...n-workouts.html

#39 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • 3,809 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:05 PM

MVP! MVP!

#40 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • 3,670 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:11 PM

Fua sucks!

/thread

#41 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:53 PM

Nice to see Joe Person doing his job for a change.

#42 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,587 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

He's basically doing everything rich white people despise about young African American superstar athletes. First off he's getting an education and getting dangerous ideas, second he's probably banging their daughters like there's no tomorrow after class and finally he's making more money in a season than they make a year without exploiting the masses.

I can just imagine Peter King sitting at his computer constantly refreshing ten webpages searching for Cam Newton news.

Posted Image

You sound very ignorant

#43 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• HUDDLER
  • 17,850 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

I love how this is being bent into a racial conversation about black athletes and expectations.

#44 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,948 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:31 PM

I love how this is being bent into a racial conversation about black athletes and expectations.

Never fails here does it?

#45 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,629 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:34 PM

I'm pretty sure he got criticism for actually enrolling back in college from Heath Evans, there will definitely be criticism for him not attending the first week of workouts when he's the face of the franchise. I don't have a problem with it, but the media will.

He did

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com