Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reach Shmeach

37 posts in this topic

Posted

I've been thinking lately how all the prospects projected to go around 14 don't appeal to me.

Richardson

Vacarro

Austin

Patterson

Mocks usually have us taking one of these guys. I know I don't speak for everyone here, but choosing between these 4 are a bit like choosing which STD you'd rather have on your nuts. I much rather choose between these guys:

Allen

Hopkins

Cyprien

Sly

Fluker

The consensus is that these guys are a bit of a reach at 14. Well you know what? Fug that. Let's say you really, really like Hopkins -- you think he's the best WR in this draft (incidentally, he's the only prospect that visited the Panthers twice; unless you want to count Allen's workout at Proelific Park a visit). How far would you be willing to trade down? Well hell, even dropping past the Rams at 16 would make me uneasy. You just don't know how other teams rate players.

What am I trying to say? I'm saying that there's a good chance that the Panthers will stay at 14 and 'reach' for someone like Hopkins. When that happens, I'll be prepared and fine with it. You guys should jump on board.

Peace.

2 people like this

Posted

Basically if Kiper grades your draft well then you fuged up

Posted

i just want to know who is the established authority on who is a reach or not?

1 person likes this

Posted

The omniscient members of the Huddle.
1 person likes this

Posted

I'm fine with prospects like Allen, Hopkins, L. Johnson and Cyprien at 14th. Good value. As for 44th, prospects such as Escobar, B. Williams, Swearinger, Sly, D. Rogers and Warfold would be fantastic.

Posted

Precisely. It's even vaguer with this year's draft. There's lots of quality, 2nd tier players.

1 person likes this

Posted

everyone has their own opinion on players. Your opinion isn't everybody's. Me personally, I don't give 2 flippity fuccks who the hell we draft. As long as whoever it is makes us better and contributes to us winning I couldn't care less. I'm certainly not going to spend time worrying about.

Posted

I'm fine with prospects like Allen, Hopkins, L. Johnson and Cyprien at 14th. Good value. As for 44th, prospects such as Escobar, B. Williams, Swearinger, Sly, D. Rogers and Warfold would be fantastic.

Posted

Armanti Edwards was a player they liked. Everette Brown was a player they liked.

I thought after those 2 players. That all Panther fans would understand the true meaning of why you shouldn't reach in the draft.

Posted

I've been feeling for a while now that Keenan Allen will be the pick for some reason. Just a hunch.

Posted

I've been feeling for a while now that Keenan Allen will be the pick for some reason. Just a hunch.

Yeah, fug that. Lets draft someone who doesn't offer us anything different than what we already have. To hell with threatining the seams or having a true deep threat. Give me the possession receiver.

Posted

Yeah, fug that. Lets draft someone who doesn't offer us anything different than what we already have. To hell with threatining the seams or having a true deep threat. Give me the possession receiver.

I think people sometimes get caught up in labels with recievers. He is a possession receiver, oh we already have one of those. From what I've seen Keenan Allen is unlike any receiver we have on this roster. I would be happy with the pick.