#62 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,416 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:38 PM

i agree, we should trade cam for a "playoff caliber qb" because what we're doing right now clearly isn't working.

2 firsts + cam for rex grossman. who's with me?

If we played our cards right maybe we could get could get Brady Quinn. He lit us up in KC.

Edit: Looks like Seattle already got him. Guess we are stuck with Cam.

#63 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • 9,794 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

i for one am disgusted that several of the starters from 2012 are presumably safe entering 2013

doesn't anybody know that we went 7-9 last season? ugh stupid panthers always willing to settle for mediocrity. if i was coach...

#64 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • 9,794 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

If we played our cards right maybe we could get could get Brady Quinn. He lit us up in KC.

Edit: Looks like Seattle already got him. Guess we are stuck with Cam.

those seahawks have all the luck

looking forward to the open competition between quinn and wilson though. i bet wilson hugger seahawk fans think he's safely entrenched as the starter. what a bunch of maroons!

#65 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

Wilson talents would have been wasted behind Cam. If we drafted Wilson then that would just has said we didn't believe in Cam. That is the way I feel about it. Wilson deserve to be with a team that would allow him fight for a starting position. And he won it and is now a starting QB. If we would have drafted him then he would still be a back up.

#66 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,416 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:46 PM

those seahawks have all the luck

looking forward to the open competition between quinn and wilson though. i bet wilson hugger seahawk fans think he's safely entrenched as the starter. what a bunch of maroons!

Seriously though it's going to be interesting to see Wilson, Luck, and Griffin in their sophomore seasons.

I'm wondering how ESPN will play it if one or more of them struggles. "No biggie guys, just early season jitters!".

#67 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

Caliber. Playoff caliber QB. Sorry to go so fast as to ruffle your feathers. The whole question started with Wilson being picked here. Easy question, but blasphemous to some, is how he would fare here with Cam.

Don't hurt yourself scrambling to move those goal posts.

Guess the Panthers should always go with what they have, especially since we have put back to back to back,etc losing seasons together. We would not need competition here, by all means, we are set. Hoping Gettleman never beleives that competition is a bad thing.

Don't burn yourself building that giant strawman.

The rest of these guys will feel different after graduating from hi school where they don't have to rely on their allowance to buy their jerseys. Once they get older and get a job, they can afford another one and be more of a Panther fan.

& a little poisoning the well to boot!

Any other logical fallacies you wanna throw out to cover the idiocy of your argument?

#68 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,304 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:36 PM

i for one am disgusted that several of the starters from 2012 are presumably safe entering 2013

doesn't anybody know that we went 7-9 last season? ugh stupid panthers always willing to settle for mediocrity. if i was coach...

Brees is probably on the hot seat this year. I hear saints are looking to get rid of him

#69 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,304 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

Wilson talents would have been wasted behind Cam. If we drafted Wilson then that would just has said we didn't believe in Cam. That is the way I feel about it. Wilson deserve to be with a team that would allow him fight for a starting position. And he won it and is now a starting QB. If we would have drafted him then he would still be a back up.

Us drafting Wilson does not say we don't believe him just like the redskins draft cousins after rg3. This a chance he could get hurt and having a good back up would be needed

#70 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,632 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:14 PM

Alex Smith, Rex Grossman, and Joe Webb are all playoff QBs. Would they beat out Cam, stirs?

I'll wait for you to talk about kids' allowances and not answer. Thanks.

#71 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:34 PM

Alex Smith, Rex Grossman, and Joe Webb are all playoff QBs. Would they beat out Cam, stirs?

I'll wait for you to talk about kids' allowances and not answer. Thanks.

Don't think they would. Russell Wilson might.

The whole thing that has all your collective shorts bunched, no matter how you try to be wittier than the next, is competition.

All I mentioned was that it would be interesting to see the competition and who do you think would win? That sent shockwaves through the ranks here. In typical fashion, you try to upstage each other with more and more outrageous statements.

When speaking to people acting like kids, I treated them as such. Poisoning the well, I think it was called.

Your whole question above is mute, because nobody here would allow the competition. That was the rub. Get it. That was the rub. I just argued the point that competition is what camp is all about and a perennial losing team should not shy away from putting the best guys on the field.

#72 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,214 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:48 PM

Wilson is a very good QB obviously. I was thinking/hoping that we could get him as Cam's backup. I never considered him to have the success he's had and thought that he would make a very good backup to Cam. All of thats a wrap now, he's no backup...

#73 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • 9,794 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

i still think cam would beat wilson in a straight up quarterback competition because his size and arm make him better suited to the kind of offense we want to run.

here in realityville though i can't imagine a scenario where a rookie walking in to his first NFL training camp could conceivably challenge a guy who just got done breaking peyton manning's passing yards record and notched 35 touchdowns. he would never, ever get the chance. out of all the positions on offense that need to be fuged with right now quarterback is 11th*

*depending on how you're counting positions. it's dead last no matter how you look at it.

#74 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,764 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

^^^Posted Image

#75 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • 9,794 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:55 PM

also i would fuging welcome ron rivera coming out tomorrow and announcing an open competition at quarterback

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com