Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where will Tavon Austin be picked?

48 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

#4?

[url="http://sports.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981870470"]http://sports.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981870470[/url]

[quote]New head coach Chip Kelly wants to add speed and quickness all across the Philadelphia Eagles roster and that has led to rumors that he and the front office are now looking at Tavon Austin with the team's first round draft choice.[/quote]

Posted · Report post

I believe Austin will be the offensive rookie of the year wherever he goes.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='OnlyPantherFaninMaine' timestamp='1366171354' post='2196876']
I believe Austin will be the offensive rookie of the year wherever he goes.
[/quote]

I agree. The only thing that could stop him is going to a team with absolutely no qb like the jets. Even then he would do good but maybe not quite what he's capable of. If he goes to a team that can use him properly and a qb that can throw the ball at least average I'd say he wins it going away.

Posted · Report post

He was a slot receiver college, i am not convinced he will come in and be better than that in the pros. But if we take him than i guess we will find out.

Posted · Report post

I don't think we take him. He's good don't get me wrong, but we just signed a KR/PR in Ted Ginn, we have a bigger 1st round need like #1 WR and a Safety (all the NTs will be there in the second round). I think we are going to take a so called "reach" Deandre Hopkins (even though I think he's the best pure WR in this draft). Plus today Gettleman said we aren't trading down and we are taking the BPA at 14. I think I read somewhere, where he said that his draft board is a lot different from everyone elses or the so called experts.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Panther4lyfe' timestamp='1366327553' post='2198789']
I don't think we take him. He's good don't get me wrong, but we just signed a KR/PR in Ted Ginn, we have a bigger 1st round need like #1 WR and a Safety (all the NTs will be there in the second round). I think we are going to take a so called "reach" Deandre Hopkins (even though I think he's the best pure WR in this draft). Plus today Gettleman said we aren't trading down and we are taking the BPA at 14. I think I read somewhere, where he said that his draft board is a lot different from everyone elses or the so called experts.
[/quote]

I would be very interested to read what you heard about gettlemans board.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Panther4lyfe' timestamp='1366327553' post='2198789']
[/quote]

Hopkins would be a reach in my opinion.We will just have to see but I am an admitted T Auston fan.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='XClown1986' timestamp='1366343587' post='2199173']
I would be very interested to read what you heard about gettlemans board.
[/quote]

His board? I don't know what board is, but what I got from what he said about the famous trading "1 buck for 3 dimes" is that he isn't to excited about trading down, and probably wouldn't unless it is a couple of spots down like 3. Tavon Austin like I said is good, but I just don't think we are going to take him, the two guys we have been most interested in at WR is Hopkins and Allen (and I really hope we don't take Allen). And at safety we are interested in both Kenny Vaccaro and Johnathen Cyprien (which in some eyes is a reach).

So what you and me may think maybe a reach isn't a reach in Gettlemans eyes, and after yesterday I trust what he is doing. The 4 guys I mentioned, excluding Allen are not reaches to me.

Posted · Report post

The Jets would be crazy not to take Austin, he would be instant offense and might even make Sanchez look good on those 1 yard pass plays that go for 60 yards. That is where he goes i think, but he sure would be fun to watch in Carolina too.

Posted · Report post

6,8, or 14.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='nagai' timestamp='1366518809' post='2201249']
6,8, or 14.
[/quote]
I think his floor is the Rams.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Rhell' timestamp='1366513303' post='2201201']
The Jets would be crazy not to take Austin, he would be instant offense and might even make Sanchez look good on those 1 yard pass plays that go for 60 yards. That is where he goes i think, but he sure would be fun to watch in Carolina too.
[/quote]

The jets need everything.I would be surprised if they take him