Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Explosions at finish line of Boston Marathon

370 posts in this topic

Posted

Got it. My post wasn't entirely directed at you, and I completely agree with everything you said above.

Sorry. My underpants are crazy tight, and I'm testy.

1 person likes this

Posted

Bad intel again. Unfortunately, there we no unexploded bombs.

Really that concerns me. Without that kind of evidence as a fingerprint for the bomb experts, I don't know how they will ever crack this case without blind luck.

I'm sure they'll find an unexploded passport of the suspect, or some such nonsense. /psuedosarcasm

Posted

http://www.local15tv...N8z6eSDJEA.cspx

They had police and dogs on some of the roofs...

The article linked says nothing about dogs on the roof, except in the misleading title. It says the dogs were at the start and finish lines and the spotters were on the roof. Fwwi, if the police are going to use spotters, some would naturally be on the roofs.

Posted

Don't see this anywhere in any of the major news outlets other than ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/boston/story/_/id/9177661/boston-marathon-bombs-placed-pressure-cookers-report-says

BOSTON -- The two bombs that ripped through the crowds at the Boston Marathon, killing three people and wounding more than 170, were fashioned out of pressure cookers and packed with shards of metal, nails and ball bearings, a person briefed on the investigation told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

The details on the apparently crude but deadly explosives emerged as investigators appealed to the public for amateur video and photos that might yield clues, and the chief FBI agent in Boston vowed "we will go to the ends of the Earth" to find those responsible.

A person who spoke to AP on the condition of anonymity because the investigation was still going on said that the explosives were put in 6-liter pressure cookers, placed in black duffel bags and left on the ground. They were packed with shrapnel, the person said.

Posted

Once again, why the heck do you have dogs on roofs? Seems like they are for sniffing and not seeing.

Also, when Saudi was taken into custody at the scene,

The sources said that, after the man was grabbed by police, he smelled of gunpowder and declared, “I thought there would be a second bomb.”

Lots of rumors and misinformation being put out right now. That tends to happen in a crisis. It will take a few days before we get an accurate picture of what happened.

The articles are saying there were dogs present and they had spotters on the roof. Nothing so far about actual dogs being on actual roofs. Although its certainly possible if they were using the dogs to track a suspect.

As far as the guy smelling of gunpowder, well if one was around a bomb blast that used gunpowder or something similar, then one might smell of gunpower.

Posted

Absolutely sickening to read and hear about. I don't care if the perpetrator is Arabic, Iraqi, North Korean, or American; I just want him brought to justice.

Posted

The article linked says nothing about dogs on the roof, except in the misleading title. It says the dogs were at the start and finish lines and the spotters were on the roof. Fwwi, if the police are going to use spotters, some would naturally be on the roofs.

I don't care where the dogs were I was more saying there were people on roofs so we shouldn't think that a photo of a person on a roof means anything.

Posted

Second victim identified:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/second-boston-marathon-victim-identified-krystle-campbell-174401374.html

A second victim in the Boston Marathon bombings has been identified: Krystle M. Campbell, a 29-year-old from Medford, Mass.

Her father, William A. Campbell Jr., told Yahoo News he's in shock that his daughter was killed.

"My daughter was the most lovable girl. She helped everybody and I'm just so shocked right now. We're just devastated," he said. "She was a wonderful, wonderful girl. Always willing to lend a hand."

Campbell was at the finish line with a friend to cheer on her boyfriend, who was running the race. William Campbell said he doesn't know if her boyfriend finished the race before the bombs went off.

More than 170 people were wounded—17 of them critically—and three were killed in the attacks.

The other identified victim, 8-year-old Martin Richard, was running away from the first explosion with his family when the second blast killed him. His six-year-old sister and mother were injured in the blast as well.

Posted

By "conspiracy theorists" you mean who exactly? Some retards on twitter?

Above Top Secret and Alex Jones. It's a guilty pleasure of mine to read the ATS forums because of the idiocy that goes on.

Posted

That's something that I'll never understand either about conspiracy theorists. If the Illumanti were real and they were doing things like this and Sandy Hook, then why in the sweet fug would they openly advertise it in random ass movies and tv shows. I guess all of the actors, directors, producers, crew, and writers for Family Guy and The Dark Knight are in the illuminati too and fully support the killing of innocent people.

Posted

That's something that I'll never understand either about conspiracy theorists. If the Illumanti were real and they were doing things like this and Sandy Hook, then why in the sweet fug would they openly advertise it in random ass movies and tv shows. I guess all of the actors, directors, producers, crew, and writers for Family Guy and The Dark Knight are in the illuminati too and fully support the killing of innocent people.

Most of the CTs I know will not attempt to answer questions but only do the asking.

Posted

So CTs are basically just an adult version of that four year old repeatedly asking "why?" to everything you say.