Photo
- - - - -

Keenan Allen's 40 time; 4.71, Luke Kuechly's 40 time; 4.5. Anyone concerned by Allen's speed? (Or lack thereof)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
125 replies to this topic

#121 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:36 PM

i also think Patterson is going to be a stud.something to think about as well,he is from rock hill.might want to go look at the nfl players from that city,but something is in the water down there.

#122 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

I Don't Want To Get Off On A Rant Here But....

HUDDLER

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:51 PM

Rice's 1985 record-breaking season at Mississippi Valley caught the attention of many NFL scouts, but his speed (reportedly only 4.71 in the 40-yard dash)[5] kept most wary, although there were apparently at least two exceptions: theDallas Cowboys and the San Francisco 49ers.

Functional speed counts as they say.

#123 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

HUDDLER

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:01 PM

Functional speed counts as they say.

Back then 4.7 was not that slow but today it is. Our back seven are all a 4.71 or better. Times have changed and so must our idea that speed isn't important. It is these days. I really doubt Rice would be as effective as he was if he were drafted today. Unpopular opinion for sure but I think it is true.

#124 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

SUPPORTER

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:10 PM

If he was a TE, I wouldn't be impressed by 4.71, but I wouldn't necessarily be all that worried about it either. He's not a TE, he's a WR.

Greg Olsen ran a 4.51

#125 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

I Don't Want To Get Off On A Rant Here But....

HUDDLER

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:16 PM

Back then 4.7 was not that slow but today it is. Our back seven are all a 4.71 or better. Times have changed and so must our idea that speed isn't important. It is these days. I really doubt Rice would be as effective as he was if he were drafted today. Unpopular opinion for sure but I think it is true.

I'm not advocating Allen at 14, I'd only be interested in a trade down scenario.
But Jerry Rice, I think he'd be pretty good today.

#126 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:58 PM

Don't get me wrong, I still want DeAndre Hopkins. I think he's the best overall WR in the draft. However, if Patterson can fulfill his potential, he has the ability to be special. If we take him, then I trust that the staff thinks that he'll be able to do that.

This right here......Hopkins is the real deal....the total package. But if Patterson can refine his routes, he can definately become a # 1 guy. He has the speed, physicality, vision, hands, my big knock on him are the routes, if he can do that he can make it.