Photo
- - - - -

Who is your top Draft choice?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Poll: Who is your top Draft choice? (49 member(s) have cast votes)

Who is your top Draft choice?

1. Nerlens Noel PF/C (24 votes [48.98%])

Percentage of vote: 48.98%

2. Marcus Smart PG (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Ben McLemore SG (16 votes [32.65%])

Percentage of vote: 32.65%

4. Otto Porter SF (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Anthony Bennet SF/PF (6 votes [12.24%])

Percentage of vote: 12.24%

6. Victor Oladipo SG (1 votes [2.04%])

Percentage of vote: 2.04%

7. Trey Burke PG (0 votes [0.00%])

8. Shabazz Mohammad SG (0 votes [0.00%])

9. Cody Zeller PF/C (2 votes [4.08%])

Percentage of vote: 4.08%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 Manos

Manos

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:51 AM

My Ideal Off-season:

Resign/Walk

- resign Josh McRoberts
- resign Jannero Pargo
- walk Gerald Henderson (only resign if he takes 5.5 mil or less)
- walk Byron Mullens
-walk Reggie Williams
- Amnesty Tyrus Thomas
- walk Ben Gordon
- walk Gana Diop

Draft: ( we are only getting 1 pick)

Ben McLemore- Great shooter who can pass and rebound. Fits Very well with Kemba and MKG

FA:

sign- Paul Millsap
sign- Nikola Pekovic
sign- Anthony Morrow
sign- Brandon Rush

Line-up

PG- Kemba, Sessions, Pargo
SG- McLemore, Morrow, Brandon Rush
SF- MKG, Taylor
PF- Millsap, Biz, Jeff Adrian
C- Pekovic, McRoberts, Haywood

That would actually be a good team, not just next year but going forward.

Also doesn't Gordon have a player option so we don't actually choose if he is back or not right?

#17 Mike

Mike

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:21 AM

My top draft choice depends on what we do with our current players and in free agency. If we re-sign Hendo then that gives us a decent SG going forwards, so I think taking McLemore would go out of the window and leave us in a prime position to take Noel. And if we don't re-sign Hendo, then I think taking McLemore would be the best option because there are FAs available that could fill the PF and/or C position.

My Ideal Off-season:

Resign/Walk

- resign Josh McRoberts
- resign Jannero Pargo
- walk Gerald Henderson (only resign if he takes 5.5 mil or less)
- walk Byron Mullens
-walk Reggie Williams
- Amnesty Tyrus Thomas
- walk Ben Gordon
- walk Gana Diop

Draft: ( we are only getting 1 pick)

Ben McLemore- Great shooter who can pass and rebound. Fits Very well with Kemba and MKG

FA:

sign- Paul Millsap
sign- Nikola Pekovic
sign- Anthony Morrow
sign- Brandon Rush

Line-up

PG- Kemba, Sessions, Pargo
SG- McLemore, Morrow, Brandon Rush
SF- MKG, Taylor
PF- Millsap, Biz, Jeff Adrian
C- Pekovic, McRoberts, Haywood

If we end up with a team like that for the start of next season then I would be very happy with that. Kemba's a future star if all goes well. McLemore has the ability to contribute. MKG has a lot of potential. Millsap is an excellent player and can score, and Pekovic has done very well this year with the T-Wolves and would round off an excellent starting line up with five guys that can defend well and score.

#18 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,448 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:14 AM

That would actually be a good team, not just next year but going forward.

Also doesn't Gordon have a player option so we don't actually choose if he is back or not right?

He's gone (I don't think he wants to help a team rebuild anymore), especially if Dunlap is the coach.

#19 Panther_Brotherhood

Panther_Brotherhood

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge, LA

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:34 AM

I have a huge red flag up when it comes to McLemore. He didn't just under contribute in the tourney...he disappeared against Michigan where he should've stepped up and guarded Trey Burke. He wasn't the best player on a mid-major Cinderella, he was the best player on a number 1 seeded team. I understand he has a high ceiling, but one of the things I like about Bazz is he wants to be the last shot. He wants to be the one to take over a game late and I think he has the ability to.

#20 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:47 AM

If you want a sure thing in this draft, you take Oladipo. If you are picking a player based in potential, at least make it a position of huge need. Noel might have too much potential to pass up.

#21 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:39 PM

Noel is a player I really like, just don't know how comfortable I am adding another big that has no offensive game. I would rather go with a veteran to add some scoring punch.

McLemore is a player that can shoot the ball, he is a solid all around player and has the athleticism to create his own shot. His lack of Killer instinct I am attributing to fitting into a the Kansas System. I know it is a scary risk but I believe he was held back playing team ball rather than being allowed to take over games.

I also like Oladipo and think he is a sure thing in being a very good player, problem is that he doesnt fit at all with the current roster. He cannot shoot from outside and with MKG and Biz already clogging the middle it just wont work....

Anthony Bennett is the other Player I would really consider, he looks like he could be the best player out of everyone. My issue is that he is only 6'8" but he can score inside and out. If he was 2 inches taller without losing athleticism I would be all over him

#22 Manos

Manos

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:16 PM

He's gone (I don't think he wants to help a team rebuild anymore), especially if Dunlap is the coach.

Regardless whether he wants to rebuild or not his option pays him over 10million(unless i am completely miss remembering his contract) next season. He will not come close to that on the open market. I have a hard time seeing him walk away from that much cash no matter how bad he hates it here. He can always exercise his option and then force the team to buy him out by being a dick.

#23 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:30 PM

Regardless whether he wants to rebuild or not his option pays him over 10million(unless i am completely miss remembering his contract) next season. He will not come close to that on the open market. I have a hard time seeing him walk away from that much cash no matter how bad he hates it here. He can always exercise his option and then force the team to buy him out by being a dick.

Sadly, I could see Gordon doing that if Dunalp is still the coach lol.

#24 Mike

Mike

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

While I hope he opts out, I wouldn't blame him if he decided to take his option. Like you say he won't get anywhere near 10 million on the free market, so I don't see him turning down that type of money even if it meant wasting a year doing nothing, or once he opts in trying to force the team to buy him out or trade him.

It might be a dick move, but I guess I couldn't blame him if he wanted to take the money he is 'owed' from the contract he signed. Fingers crossed he opts out, or we manage to find a team to take him.

#25 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

I dont care either way, while I think he may choose to opt out. If he doesnt then he is a 10mil expiring deal that can be worth a lot in a trade. We dont really need the money already having near 20 mil (I Believe) free with him and Tyrus still under contract.

#26 bLACKpANTHER

bLACKpANTHER

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º

• HUDDLER
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:52 PM

Gordon is not leaving that amount on the table.. Gordon will be on our roster next year- unless we trade him.. which probably wont happen because of the size of his contract..

#27 InnocentBystander

InnocentBystander

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationJawJuh

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:37 PM

Bennet.  Looks like LJ reincarnated.  Let's go.

#28 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,026 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:37 AM

Gordon is not leaving that amount on the table.. Gordon will be on our roster next year- unless we trade him.. which probably wont happen because of the size of his contract..

This^^^^

#29 Mike

Mike

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:46 AM

What do you think about this mock?

T-Wolves trade their 9th pick, Derrick Williams and Greg Stiemsma for our 2nd pick plus Tyrus Thomas. They draft McLemore and we take Len.

I saw it on bleacher, not a great source but they have the occasional interesting article. Personally I think it could be a good alternative. It lands us another forward to push MKG, and Williams does have a lot of upside. Len gives us a lot of size at 7'1, he's got a good offensive side to his game and decent enough defense to. So at the C we'd have Len and Stiemsma; Biyombo could continue at C as our first choice backup, or go in rotation at power forward; at PF we'd have Mullens and perhaps McRoberts, if the latter doesn't re-sign then Biyombo would drop; hopefully we bring back Hendo and Kemba continues at point.

So a line up of: Kemba (pg), Henderson (SG), MKG or Williams (SF), Mullens (PF), Len

I think that line up has some potential. I think it would also give us to very talented players, whereas picking at 2 only gives us one. Thoughts?

#30 GotSwag?

GotSwag?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:16 AM

My top draft choice?

Anthony Bennett..without a doubt.   A PF/SF that has worlds of potential.   Would give us a core of Kemba/MKG/Bennett w/the possibility of adding a few picks in the loaded 2014 draft. 

Noel is intriguing, as is McLemore.  Heck, I even think Muhammad is going to turn into a very good pro, but just watch Bennett play and he really is LJ reincarnated.  Future stud. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users