Photo
- - - - -

Who is your top Draft choice?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Poll: Who is your top Draft choice? (49 member(s) have cast votes)

Who is your top Draft choice?

1. Nerlens Noel PF/C (24 votes [48.98%])

Percentage of vote: 48.98%

2. Marcus Smart PG (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Ben McLemore SG (16 votes [32.65%])

Percentage of vote: 32.65%

4. Otto Porter SF (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Anthony Bennet SF/PF (6 votes [12.24%])

Percentage of vote: 12.24%

6. Victor Oladipo SG (1 votes [2.04%])

Percentage of vote: 2.04%

7. Trey Burke PG (0 votes [0.00%])

8. Shabazz Mohammad SG (0 votes [0.00%])

9. Cody Zeller PF/C (2 votes [4.08%])

Percentage of vote: 4.08%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 16,183 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:46 AM

What were the odds that the year we finally win the #1 overall pick, the consensus guy is coming off a blown out knee??? And I know the lottery hasn't happened yet, but trust me. We truly can't win, lol.

That being said, I really like Noel but the biggest thing we have always lacked in our franchise's existence is a proven-true scorer... A go-to man. Is there one in this draft? I don't see it, but I think Oladipo has a chance to be special. So, I withhold my vote for the time being.

#32 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:48 AM

What do you think about this mock?

T-Wolves trade their 9th pick, Derrick Williams and Greg Stiemsma for our 2nd pick plus Tyrus Thomas. They draft McLemore and we take Len.

I saw it on bleacher, not a great source but they have the occasional interesting article. Personally I think it could be a good alternative. It lands us another forward to push MKG, and Williams does have a lot of upside. Len gives us a lot of size at 7'1, he's got a good offensive side to his game and decent enough defense to. So at the C we'd have Len and Stiemsma; Biyombo could continue at C as our first choice backup, or go in rotation at power forward; at PF we'd have Mullens and perhaps McRoberts, if the latter doesn't re-sign then Biyombo would drop; hopefully we bring back Hendo and Kemba continues at point.

So a line up of: Kemba (pg), Henderson (SG), MKG or Williams (SF), Mullens (PF), Len

I think that line up has some potential. I think it would also give us to very talented players, whereas picking at 2 only gives us one. Thoughts?

I would actually like that deal if the team ended up with the 2nd pick, but I am higher on Len than most

#33 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 16,183 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:50 AM

That deal would be incredible if we could somehow pull a S&T for Pekovic as well. I don't like Len though...

#34 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,396 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:40 AM

I would vomit if they draft Len.  Everywhere. 

#35 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:16 PM

Shabazz or Bennett in the first.

Richard Howell in the 2nd 

#36 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

Len reminds me a lot of Roy Hibbert.  Both have great size, but were late bloomers who are solid fundamentally but dont make a lot of wow plays and lack explosive athleticism.  Neither one dominated in college, but both have a combination of size and skill that is rare even for the NBA

#37 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 16,183 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:35 PM

Ehh, I think Len is A LOT softer.  I don't want any part of him, JMO.

#38 GamecockSmitty4

GamecockSmitty4

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:12 PM

1- Nerlens Noel

2a- Victor Oladipo

2b- Ben McLemore

I'd be happy with any of these guys. The ideal (realistic) scenario would be a combo of Oladipo/McLemore and Olynyk/Dieng. Considering we had two draft picks in the first Chodraft and added a future pick in last year's Chodraft, the idea of adding another late lottery pick is pretty realistic. Especially when you consider the amount of cap space we will have available that we would rather use to add more assets.

#39 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:32 PM

Ehh, I think Len is A LOT softer.  I don't want any part of him, JMO.

In what way?  I could see Len being considered soft on offense, he gets pushed out of the paint too often and doesnt fight for position consistently. 

But he has been solid on defense every time I've watched him, he may not put up gaudy block numbers but he bodies up well against post players and uses his length to contest shots without jumping.  He boxes out really well too, though he isnt particularly good at grabbing loose rebounds

#40 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:01 AM

Ben Mac.

#41 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 16,183 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:37 AM

In what way?  I could see Len being considered soft on offense, he gets pushed out of the paint too often and doesnt fight for position consistently. 

But he has been solid on defense every time I've watched him, he may not put up gaudy block numbers but he bodies up well against post players and uses his length to contest shots without jumping.  He boxes out really well too, though he isnt particularly good at grabbing loose rebounds

He has an extremely frail looking frame from what I remember and I think he would struggle EVER establishing position on offense, or keeping opponents from their preferred positions when on defense.

I think he ultimately just ends up being another long, big body that doesn't do much but earn a check because he's tall.

#42 Magic Johnson

Magic Johnson

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationMy House.

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:17 PM

I don,t Know Yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users