Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some of you guys take Charlotte for granted

135 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Delhommey' timestamp='1366158993' post='2196684']
As I've always said, you can't really say anything bad about Charlotte. You can't really say anything good either. It's just kind of there.

It's a nice, non-descript, large city which is good to raise a family in, but will never win any "best of" awards.
[/quote]

I disagree. The Superbowl is without a doubt a "best of" award.

Posted · Report post

Knoxville sucks but Nashville is a pretty damn cool place.

Posted · Report post

Lived in Charlotte for 18 years. It's a GREAT place to raise a family. Other than that, it has next to no value other than banking and sports. There are dozens of other cities that are more exciting than Charlotte.

Posted · Report post

Charlotte is getting there culture wise. I agree with del. Charlotte is that solid 8th grade geology teacher. cool enough to make rocks interesting, not cool enough to smoke a joint with at a party.

what i do love about Charlotte is its just far enough away from the mountains and the beach that when you reach either destination, you appreciate both.

my kids have no idea how far this city has come. local breweries are making great strides.

i have been trying to flex some muscle with the power brokers for sports to bring the X games to Charlotte. shhh. keep that on the DL.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Delhommey' timestamp='1366158993' post='2196684']
As I've always said, you can't really say anything bad about Charlotte. You can't really say anything good either. It's just kind of there.

It's a nice, non-descript, large city which is good to raise a family in, but will never win any "best of" awards.
[/quote]

agreed. When compared to Knoxville or Columbia, Charlotte seems great. But in reality it is a pretty ho hum city. Not bad or good - just there.

Its far from being as bad as, say, Cincinnati or as good as good as, say, Seattle.

Posted · Report post

Charlotte= Mostly Harmless

Posted · Report post

[quote name='pstall' timestamp='1366164133' post='2196760']

i have been trying to flex some muscle with the power brokers for sports to bring the X games to Charlotte. shhh. keep that on the DL.
[/quote]

You can trust us dude

Posted · Report post

and ohh how i wish i had the capital to bring MLS here. it would do very well here. retro fit Memorial to seat 15 to 20k, expand to 30 for playoffs or bigger matches.

if the Panthers brass werent so greedy we could many more EPL matches played here. but nooooooooo

Posted · Report post

I disagree with Charlotte being an "average" city. I've been to many cities and in terms of overall niceness, Charlotte is the best I've ever seen. I might be a little opinionated, but still. Is it because some of you guys have lived here for so long, or am I so accustomed to seeing poo in Knoxville that I don't know what I'm talking about?

Posted · Report post

had some buddies i knew in high school that went into the military right after high school. without fail each one when they came back said the Charlotte/Rock Hill area was a green as any place they have seen

Posted · Report post

[quote name='PhillyB' timestamp='1366153023' post='2196577']
fug the fuggity fug out of that. at least TN has nashville... i lived in morgantown, the cultural center of WV, for a year or so as a kid and even then i knew it sucked hard ass. i'd take just about any part of TN over it in a heartbeat
[/quote]

That there be fighting words!

Posted · Report post

Much like college, where you live and what you get out of it is usually all up to the individual.
1 person likes this