Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some of you guys take Charlotte for granted

135 posts in this topic

Posted

the ocoee river is the tits tho

this!

Posted

Depends on where you want to live. In the city you can get a very nice two bedroom for $300,000. You can get a very nice large 4-5 bedroom, 3500 sq ft.+ all brick home, with 1/2 acre, 20 mins from downtown for around $300,000.

Posted

I love my Washington D.C. and in a lot of ways I think it has Charlotte beat...

As someone that got his graduate degree from Georgetown University, I can say with perfect authority that DC fuging sucks ass.

Posted

As someone that got his graduate degree from Georgetown University, I can say with perfect authority that DC fuging sucks ass.

Well if Fire Island is your standard for excellence...

Posted

I have loved Charlotte since the day I moved here back in 1993 at the age of 19. You native Charlotteans will never admit this but Charlotte has grown to what it is today largely due to all us Yankees moving down here. You are welcome.

Posted

Your tax money, not you in particular.

Posted

I have loved Charlotte since the day I moved here back in 1993 at the age of 19. You native Charlotteans will never admit this but Charlotte has grown to what it is today largely due to all us Yankees moving down here. You are welcome.

Um...thanks?

Posted

Knoxville sucks but Nashville is a pretty damn cool place.

Memphis is pretty cool too!

Posted

Depends on where you want to live. In the city you can get a very nice two bedroom for $300,000. You can get a very nice large 4-5 bedroom, 3500 sq ft.+ all brick home, with 1/2 acre, 20 mins from downtown for around $300,000.

That's incredible! That's a $2 Mil house here. And if you want that much land, you're driving a minimum of 45 minutes from the burbs. I know dozens of people in the area that buy houses like that for that price in West Virginia, and commute 2 hours each way to work in D.C. Commuting 20 minutes to the city from the burbs sounds amazing.

Posted

Cost of living is much less, but you have to remember that also includes income.

Posted

That's incredible! That's a $2 Mil house here. And if you want that much land, you're driving a minimum of 45 minutes from the burbs. I know dozens of people in the area that buy houses like that for that price in West Virginia, and commute 2 hours each way to work in D.C. Commuting 20 minutes to the city from the burbs sounds amazing.

If you want to live in South Charlotte (popular area) you will get less land and pay maybe 100k more for your house. If you are fine with living near the college, you can get that type house starting at $250k and the southeast area starting around 300k. All are between 20-30 mins from the city. House prices are great around here imo.

Posted

I'll admit that, anyone who wouldn't is a dumb ass.