134 replies to this topic

#31 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,895 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:15 PM

i have been trying to flex some muscle with the power brokers for sports to bring the X games to Charlotte. shhh. keep that on the DL.

You can trust us dude

#32 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,626 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:19 PM

and ohh how i wish i had the capital to bring MLS here. it would do very well here. retro fit Memorial to seat 15 to 20k, expand to 30 for playoffs or bigger matches.

if the Panthers brass werent so greedy we could many more EPL matches played here. but nooooooooo

#33 TNPanther

TNPanther

Jimmie Rustler

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:51 PM

I disagree with Charlotte being an "average" city. I've been to many cities and in terms of overall niceness, Charlotte is the best I've ever seen. I might be a little opinionated, but still. Is it because some of you guys have lived here for so long, or am I so accustomed to seeing poo in Knoxville that I don't know what I'm talking about?

#34 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,626 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:53 PM

had some buddies i knew in high school that went into the military right after high school. without fail each one when they came back said the Charlotte/Rock Hill area was a green as any place they have seen

#35 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 12,301 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:59 PM

fug the fuggity fug out of that. at least TN has nashville... i lived in morgantown, the cultural center of WV, for a year or so as a kid and even then i knew it sucked hard ass. i'd take just about any part of TN over it in a heartbeat

That there be fighting words!

#36 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,582 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:04 PM

Much like college, where you live and what you get out of it is usually all up to the individual.

#37 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,134 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:11 PM

That there be fighting words!

i reserve the right to diss it since i lived there (and extensively throughout the region.) great football team though :)

#38 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 12,301 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:15 PM

i reserve the right to diss it since i lived there (and extensively throughout the region.) great football team though :)

Nah your pretty much right. WV is a hard place to live in if you are not from there. No culture activities except a few and the range of entertainment is limited.

#39 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,493 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:52 PM

had some buddies i knew in high school that went into the military right after high school. without fail each one when they came back said the Charlotte/Rock Hill area was a green as any place they have seen

Are you talking about vegetation?
The green in Charlotte doesn't last long enough. It gets burned out in the summer and stays grey all winter.
....this coming from a guy whose last two duty stations were in Germany and Washington State. Returning to Germany from Iraq will give you green overload. So much green its nauseating. And Washington is the Evergreen State.

Your opinion is based off personal experiences. Charlotte is a great atmosphere for business. But entertainment and culture? Mmmmm not so much.

Yes there are things to do. But once you come to the realization of small things - for example, a single day ticket to Carowinds costs more than a single day ticket to the Magic Kingdom- you start thinking "really, Charlotte? Really?"

It just depends how you personally look at things.

#40 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,448 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:55 PM

fug the fuggity fug out of that. at least TN has nashville... i lived in morgantown, the cultural center of WV, for a year or so as a kid and even then i knew it sucked hard ass. i'd take just about any part of TN over it in a heartbeat

You need to visit Tamarac in WV. They have a cafeteria.

#41 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,448 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:57 PM

Much like college, where you live and what you get out of it is usually all up to the individual.

Deep thoughts by Jack Handey

#42 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,626 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:15 PM

Are you talking about vegetation?
The green in Charlotte doesn't last long enough. It gets burned out in the summer and stays grey all winter.
....this coming from a guy whose last two duty stations were in Germany and Washington State. Returning to Germany from Iraq will give you green overload. So much green its nauseating. And Washington is the Evergreen State.

Your opinion is based off personal experiences. Charlotte is a great atmosphere for business. But entertainment and culture? Mmmmm not so much.

Yes there are things to do. But once you come to the realization of small things - for example, a single day ticket to Carowinds costs more than a single day ticket to the Magic Kingdom- you start thinking "really, Charlotte? Really?"

It just depends how you personally look at things.

Charlotte wasn't built in a day Belding.....

#43 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,493 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:28 PM

Charlotte wasn't built in a day Belding.....

Incorporated 1768

#44 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,895 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:44 AM

I have been here since 1990 living in CLT and Davidson.

Davidson was a one stoplight town and you had to drive to cornelius to buy cigarettes or mooresville to watch a movie.

Downtown charlotte shutdown at 5:00 on Fridays and nobody lived there

#45 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,640 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:49 AM

The people who hate on Charlotte are typically:

1. Jealous Triangle residents trying to pretend Raleigh has 10% of Charlotte's swag, and
2. Brooklyn Bully

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.