Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jordan says Charlotte Hornets "sounds good"

156 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='King Taharqa' timestamp='1366216826' post='2197171']

Can't wait to see how you explain how you love the team more now and identify with them more now that the name has been whitewashed. And how the organization is better and different because the team wears an effeminate color scheme. LOL.
[/quote] [img]http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6207/6134757048_6ca67e60e3_z.jpg[/img]

Posted · Report post

[quote name='King Taharqa' timestamp='1366216826' post='2197171']
Can't wait to see how you explain how you love the team more now and identify with them more now that the name has been whitewashed. And how the organization is better and different because the team wears an effeminate color scheme. LOL.
[/quote]

Is it supposed to be difficult to explain how I identify more closely with a team that I loved growing up and I went to hundreds of games for? Purple and Gold could be seen as an feminine color scheme, I am pretty sure that worked out well for the Lakers now didn't it?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Munch4455' timestamp='1366217819' post='2197195']
Is it supposed to be difficult to explain how I identify more closely with a team that I loved growing up and I went to hundreds of games for? Purple and Gold could be seen as an feminine color scheme, I am pretty sure that worked out well for the Lakers now didn't it?
[/quote]

Purple & Gold is more masculine than a purple and teal bumblebee. The Lakers are 20 times the historic franchise than the Charlotte/New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets, so bad analogy anyway. Some of us are stuck in our "second childhood", some of us look to the future. I loved kindergarten, it was one of the most memorable times in my childhood and will be with me forever. Difference is, I don't want to go back though. To each his own.

Posted · Report post

If liking the idea of the Charlotte Hornets makes you effeminate and racist...Well, put a dress on me and call me Hitler.
4 people like this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Jase' timestamp='1366218216' post='2197201']
If liking the idea of the Charlotte Hornets makes you effeminate and racist...Well, put a dress on me and call me Hitler.
[/quote]

Anything to distract us from not winning I guess. Thats least important, making sure Charlotte stays stuck in the past, boring, and unimaginative is priority number one. Maybe we can rename the Panthers the Hornets too, use the exact same color scheme and name since its too hard to come up with something new.

Posted · Report post

I'm pretty sure he just referred to us being effeminate because he's butthurt his Bobcats might be finished.

Posted · Report post

Hornets kill more people on an annual basis than bobcats.....so there's that

Posted · Report post

[quote name='King Taharqa' timestamp='1366218134' post='2197200']

Purple & Gold is more masculine than a purple and teal bumblebee. The Lakers are 20 times the historic franchise than the Charlotte/New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets, so bad analogy anyway. Some of us are stuck in our "second childhood", some of us look to the future. I loved kindergarten, it was one of the most memorable times in my childhood and will be with me forever. Difference is, I don't want to go back though. To each his own.
[/quote]

The analogy isn't about the accomplishments of the franchise, it was about the similar "femininity" of the color schemes. Guess reading comprehension isn't one of your strong suits. And because we loved a team for a majority of my life, it makes us all want to be children again? That is as sound of logic as I have ever seen. So people who are in their 50's, and lived in this area their entire lives(and pulled for the Redskins for 35 years), who pull for the Redskins over the Panthers, want to be children again too?

Posted · Report post

Breaking News: Jordan says says Joe Wolf, Kenny Gattison, & David Wesley "sounds good"

Bobcats owner Michael Jordan announces team is interested in working out 3 former Charlotte Hornets this summer. A source close to the team speaking on condition of anonymity says Bobcats play by play announcer Dell Curry has already agreed to a 2 year deal worth 5.3 million to return to the team. Larry Johnson and Rex Chapman have also been rumored to be walking thru TWC Arena's doors this offseason.

LOL!

Posted · Report post

Plus, it will change the entire culture of Charlotte basketball. Bobcats wasn't even the name originally voted for (as discussed countless times) and people were pissed about the building of an arena...so give the people a name they like (and are linked to) will bring all the old Hornets fans out of retirement, and create a much more positive atmosphere on the city

Posted · Report post

Says the person whose avatar is of a player who died 14 years ago
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

If they can get Kurt Rambis back from coaching, that would be the perfect team!

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Third Degree' timestamp='1366218819' post='2197212']
Says the person whose avatar is of a player who died 14 years ago
[/quote]

He didn't play for the Hornets or Bobcats, so I know you don't know who the hell he is.

Posted · Report post

Kenny Gattison would actually be an improvement over Biyombo, Thomas, Diop, Mullens and Haywood

LOL indeed

Posted · Report post

[quote name='King Taharqa' timestamp='1366218941' post='2197214']

He didn't play for the Hornets or Bobcats, so I know you don't know who the hell he is.
[/quote]

If I didn't know who he was, how would I know he died in 1999?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Third Degree' timestamp='1366219028' post='2197217']

If I didn't know who he was, how would I know he died in 1999?
[/quote]

Don't make fun of KT. He's just trying to relive his childhood, he's unable to live in the present and look towards the future.

Posted · Report post

Charlotte, North Carolina. The city and state where a name change is the ultimate goal of sports fans. Winning is down the list.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='King Taharqa' timestamp='1366218941' post='2197214']
[/quote]

all he had to do was look at your sig....

Posted · Report post

I'm not making fun of anybody, in all seriousness. Besides KT I've always been more of a Russell fan than Chamberlain. I'm actually reading a new book about the 1957 Boston Celtics right now. But I digress.

The name isn't yet officially changed, and regardless, the team needs to cut ties with Diop, Mullens, Biyombo, Thomas, and Williams when the season ends.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='King Taharqa' timestamp='1366219272' post='2197224']
Charlotte, North Carolina. The city and state where a name change is the ultimate goal of sports fans. Winning is down the list.
[/quote]
Says the guy who cares more about individual players than the team

Posted · Report post

If we're changing to an older name, I'd rather go with the Cougars. Better color scheme, better mascot, plus the double entendre in the name

[img]http://ih2.redbubble.net/image.10131304.9101/sticker,375x360.png[/img]
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I'd be pissed but I'd kind of laugh.

"We've decided to change our name to one that suits our basketball history, one that we've had before and had some success with...The Carolina Cougars."

Posted · Report post

I want me a Purple/Teal McLemore 23 jersey!
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[img]http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/49790_o.gif[/img]

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Third Degree' timestamp='1366219407' post='2197226']
I'm not making fun of anybody, in all seriousness. Besides KT I've always been more of a Russell fan than Chamberlain. I'm actually reading a new book about the 1957 Boston Celtics right now. But I digress.

The name isn't yet officially changed, and regardless, the team needs to cut ties with Diop, Mullens, Biyombo, Thomas, and Williams when the season ends.
[/quote]

Bismack isn't going anywhere, he was a project from the start that was going to take a while.