155 replies to this topic

#121 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,982 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

I'm trying go stay out of this fight. I just want to echo what others have said about the Hornets in the early 2000s.

That was 100% about an owner that had so disenfranchised a fan base that they were not going to give him one more dime of their money.

It had very little if anything to do with the Hornets franchise itself. Most if the people I knew still loved the Hornets but hated George Shinn.

#122 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,982 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:19 PM

I would also add that if memory serves, the other ownership group was Larry Bird and ML Carr. ML Carr is not Caucasian so I am not sure race was a huge factor.

#123 Saxist Fed

Saxist Fed

halt the tomfoolery

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts
  • Locationthe.black.lodge

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:00 PM

Didn't really read most of the thread but anyhoo:

I don't get why there's always this ownership v. ownership argument brought up.

Most people either clearly hate the name other think its silly as hell and there's more than just nostalgia driving the return of the Hornets. It doesn't come down to owners from this perspective. If enough people want it done, it will get done. Bottom line.

Wins and all of the important results driven matters are on an entirely different plane.

Its a great line to tout that "wins are the most important" but no sh*t. People still want a name change.

#124 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:18 PM

I would also add that if memory serves, the other ownership group was Larry Bird and ML Carr. ML Carr is not Caucasian so I am not sure race was a huge factor.

I love MJ but Larry Bird clearly is a top notch pro team executive. MJ clearly is not.

Man, what could of been.

Also - I have a feeling this will all be coming to an end soon.

#125 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:02 PM

It was Jordans intention to buy the Charlotte Hornets in the first place. Lol. Thanks Mike, if you do it. Just Do It

#126 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:18 PM

Why would you want that team back?

Because we never wanted them to leave? Doesn't mean I would want the team name and mascot to leave.

#127 dugbug

dugbug

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

good thing I saved all my hornets shirts :)

Personally I was pissed mad when they moved the team. It should come back here... or just do a name change. Never got into the bobcats.

#128 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:12 PM

Because we never wanted them to leave? Doesn't mean I would want the team name and mascot to leave.

Plenty of people wanted them to leave and said to hell with them and the NBA. Now 10 years later since the Panthers are a mess and Nascar isnt booming like it once was, those "casual fans" want to belong again.

#129 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,946 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:45 PM

Looks like someone in particular is still in denial.

I'll be happy when this is over and done with so we can kick this racist and pathetic, bigoted troll to the curb.

#130 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,946 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:45 PM

I'll be happy when this is over and done with so we can kick this racist and pathetic, bigoted troll to the curb.

#131 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:13 PM

Homeboy can do whatever he wants on this board and that is a fact.

Here is another fact: the only thing standing in the way of a Hornets rebrand now is Jordan.

#132 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:14 PM

The only ones in denial are the people on this board who think they wont be going to BOBCATS games next season.

Fact: Beginning next season, the Hornets will no longer exist in the NBA (1988-2013 RIP)

Fact: In the next few years NO Hornets "throwbacks" will appear everwhere. Chris Pauls New Orleans jersey will be the brands most popular and biggest seller. You will see the Lil Waynes and Curren$ys wearin NOLA hats since the Pelicans are wack. The brand will expand to the NOLA years now that they are defunct

Fact: If I want Hornets merchandise, I still gotta go on the Pelicans website. lol

#133 BIGH2001

BIGH2001

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:37 PM

Unfortunately it would take 18 months to rebrand according to Adam Silver. I guess that means another year of you hanging around here. Racist piece of poo.

The only ones in denial are the people on this board who think they wont be going to BOBCATS games next season.

Fact: Beginning next season, the Hornets will no longer exist in the NBA (1988-2013 RIP)

Fact: In the next few years NO Hornets "throwbacks" will appear everwhere. Chris Pauls New Orleans jersey will be the brands most popular and biggest seller. You will see the Lil Waynes and Curren$ys wearin NOLA hats since the Pelicans are wack. The brand will expand to the NOLA years now that they are defunct

Fact: If I want Hornets merchandise, I still gotta go on the Pelicans website. lol

#134 carolinapanther91

carolinapanther91

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

Did NOLA take the original Hornets wins, accomplishments, etc. when the team moved?

#135 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,061 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:36 PM

Buy up all the Bobcat gear for all the historical value....oh nevermind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users