#16 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:47 AM

in his defense he was really far away when you consider it was just a "fire" at first..

If he wasn't a dumb ass he would have realized the possibility of an explosion and not had his kid so close to something like that.

#17 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,509 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:51 AM

Fertilizer = Stay the eff back

#18 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,662 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:02 AM

Rule of thumb.

Fire in industrial plant? Stay away.

Even things you don't "think" there's anything in can become an issue.

Intern at Moen one summer. They have molten nickel they use to inject into the molds for the faucet. Large vats of molten metal. Do you know what happens if a roof puddle/leak comes through a spot and pours into that vat? That's just one example. So many other areas with large containers of explosive materials (which is why you see the MSDS graphic on the sides of most industrial buildings).

Just stay the f away. The feed mill I mentioned didn't have large quantities of fuel, or fertilizer...something as simple as a half-filled silo of feed that puts millions of ppm of dust in the air that will ignite very rapidly in a contained space. Fire is scary stuff.

#19 bLACKpANTHER

bLACKpANTHER

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º

• HUDDLER
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:45 PM

If he wasn't a dumb ass he would have realized the possibility of an explosion and not had his kid so close to something like that.

hinesight is 20/20
the school was very close by- he was probably picking them up or dropping them off..

as a dad, you have your kids in a car and see a fire hydrant flushing excess water in the air or a deer in the side of the road or something out of the ordinary, you are going to pull over and show the kids something they havent seen before or something cool.. parking more than a 1,500 yards away from a fire doesnt seem like the stupidest thing in the world to do- at the least, not put him in the running for stupidest dad of the year award.. im sure there are much better options

all im saying

#20 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:09 PM

sadly it sounds like the majority of the dead are firefighters that were there to fight the initial blaze.

I haven't heard lots of details...but one thing that jumps out at me is Ammonia Nitrate...and water....hmmm...there's a problem there!

been in and around these facilities pretty much my entire working life...big loud and scary and almost always taken for granted.

#21 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,509 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

Why is there housing/businesses so close to such a large plant? Maybe it was built prior to any safety precautions for distance?

#22 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:48 PM

the town folk made the decision to allow the town to grow closer and closer to the plant. My understanding is the plant was there first.

#23 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,509 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:15 PM

Reports on CNN say toll is at 35 and could rise to 70.

#24 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,269 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:13 PM

another video

#25 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,687 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:46 PM

Posted Image

#26 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,687 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

another view. If you listen it sounds like a fuging missile or something right before it blows up.

#27 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,090 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:37 PM

holy poo it's fuging gone

#28 Hugor Hill

Hugor Hill

It's not easy being drunk all the time

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,204 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:23 PM

another view. If you listen it sounds like a fuging missile or something right before it blows up.

prob the same type of missile that blew up the pentagon.

If it sounds like a missile, looks like a missile, and explodes like a missile, then it must be fertilizer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com