27 replies to this topic

#1 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,807 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:04 PM

Anybody watch? I just watched it and I thought it was OK. Nothing ground breaking but I think it has potential.

#2 Crixtala

Crixtala

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts
  • LocationAsheville

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:29 AM

i watched the pilot and thought it was alright... there's plenty of potential there

my wife, who's not normally into sci-fi stuff actually said she enjoyed it, so I'll keep recording to see where it goes

#3 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 5,044 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:42 AM

My wife liked it too. It was pretty good IMO. Nothing amazing. It could be though. I give some slack to sci-fi shows. I still watch Falling Skies, so if that can stay on (and going into the 3rd season) no reason this can't. It looks like SyFy is finally getting back to actual Sci-Fi with this show and some others in the pipeline.

#4 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:33 PM

my mommy made me watch it with her and the cats. I didn't hate it. It's a cool concept and the alien chick is pretty hot. I just hate to see how strongly racistism is still going that far in the future. Why can't we all get along mayne

#5 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,692 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

We liked it. Ever since BSG went off the air, I'm still waiting on a sci-fi/fantasy series to grab me. I won't hold my breath, that's a pretty tall order.

#6 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,807 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

We liked it. Ever since BSG went off the air, I'm still waiting on a sci-fi/fantasy series to grab me. I won't hold my breath, that's a pretty tall order.

I'm netflixing the BSG right now. I'm in the middle of season 2. It seems like it's kind of getting a bit stale...does it get better in season 3?

As for the Defiance show, I thought the alien chick was hot too, lol. The writing could have been better here and there, but overall it didn't get too cheesy which is a big turn off for me, especially with these Sci-Fi shows. I thought the interactions between Nolan and Irisa were the best part of the show and I'm looking forward to seeing the progression there. I had never even heard of the guy playing Nolan but I thought he played the character very well.

#7 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,692 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

It really picks up at the end of 2, if what I remember happens at the end of that season happens. Hell, it could be season 3. But it does kind of muck along in a depressing way until poo hits the fan.

#8 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,218 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

The hot alien chick is Jaime Murrary AKA Lila West from Dexter. I agree with everyone else. I thought it was okay, nothing ground breaking but it was enough for me to continue watching.

#9 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,606 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:44 PM

compared to some of the junk I've seen lately I thought it was pretty good, which makes it objectively slightly above average but with a lot of potential.

#10 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

what is BSG? Bad girls club?

#11 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,807 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:00 PM

Wouldn't that be BGC? BSG=Battlestar Galactica

#12 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 5,044 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:29 PM

Look up watch orders for BSG though, there are some TV movies and webisodes that fit in there if I remember right.

#13 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,807 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:53 AM

It really picks up at the end of 2, if what I remember happens at the end of that season happens. Hell, it could be season 3. But it does kind of muck along in a depressing way until poo hits the fan.

I was actually almost to the end of season 2. Just finished watching the first episode of season 3, and man did it get really good again.

#14 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,807 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:03 AM

First 4 minutes of episode 2.

#15 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,807 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:52 AM

So did anyone watch the second episode yet? How was it? Haven't had a chance because I don't think it gets put up on Xbox live until tonight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com