#16 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:18 AM

It's.... idk.... it was OK. Still too early to tell I guess with this show. I just don't see anything new about it, same ole' storylines, etc. But only 2 episodes in so we'll see.

#17 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:54 AM

Still not up on Xbox Live...guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow. I thought they put up the new shows the day after they air.

#18 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:03 AM

I decided to watch it on hulu, but man do I hate commericals.

I thought it was an OK episode. I feel like they are just laying the groundwork for the series. But it feels like they are trying to do to much at once. They are trying to work in political, racial, social and moral themes all at once.

On a side note, I think the choice of music used in the show has been great so far. Johnny Cash in the first episode, Nirvana in the second.

#19 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,635 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:26 AM

Yeah, I'm still idling with it. It's got a pretty interesting concept to work with, but knowing how the landscape of TV shows are it's trying to force everything at once. I also really like the music, I have a total Bear McCreary vibe but I'm not sure he's doing the work since he's on Walking Dead right now. He's one of the reasons why BSG is so haunting to me, the music. Every time I hear his All Along the Watchtower, I get chills.

#20 Munch4455

Munch4455

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:25 AM

No one has mentioned it, but did you guys know that this show is tied to a video game? Where what happens in the show affects the video game and vice versa.

http://www.defiance.com/en/

#21 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,117 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:38 AM

I can see the show is trying to give each alien race their own unique culture but sometimes it just comes off like a soap opera. I agree with everyone else its still okay so far.

#22 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:09 PM

I don't think I've heard that (All Along the Watchtower) in the show yet...must be later in the series. But yeah I do like some of the music for BSG too.

#23 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:12 PM

No one has mentioned it, but did you guys know that this show is tied to a video game? Where what happens in the show affects the video game and vice versa.

http://www.defiance.com/en/

I'm playing the game as well...there is a thread in here about that. Not much overlap from game to TV show right now though. They did show Irisa and Nolan in a couple of missions.

#24 Munch4455

Munch4455

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:15 PM

Ah, I didn't see the other thread. In truth I didn't even look for another thread. When I first heard about it a long time ago I thought it was a pretty creative idea. Ill stay tuned to see how it works out.

#25 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:36 AM

What is everyone thinking, now that we're at the half way point?

I think the show has potential, it's right there on the edge of being a really interesting show.  It needs to find an identity.  I'm not overly excited for any of the characters, but hopefully it gets there. 

#26 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:48 PM

I'm behind.  I've only watched the first 3 episodes so far.  I like it, but it's nothing ground breaking. 

#27 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,117 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:13 PM

Its feel like a collection of scfi shows I’ve seen before. Its okay but I think it could be better.

#28 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:15 AM

Yeah I agree with both of those posts.  It's nothing ground breaking, but it's on the edge of being really interesting, hopefully they can push it over that edge and build some kind of identity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com