#1 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,570 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:51 PM

I noticed a few things from this video...

- Hicks will instantly become one of the most athletic players on the team (right up there with Tokoto).
- His shot looks to extend only to about 10 to 15 feet max, I would expect him to play the four in a generic offense, but since Carolina runs three forwards; I expect him to be primarily a post player.
- He is a high flyer, regardless of offense or defense he will embarrass someone with a dunk or a block.
- Hicks might be the one of the few players in the ACC athletic enough to semi-contain Parker (assuming Parker plays the four for Duke) . Parker is obviously going to get his, but I think Hicks stands a decent chance at limiting Parker's driving ability with his (Hicks) quick feet and long arms (as well has his athleticism).

#2 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:35 AM

I noticed a few things from this video...

- Hicks will instantly become one of the most athletic players on the team (right up there with Tokoto).
- His shot looks to extend only to about 10 to 15 feet max, I would expect him to play the four in a generic offense, but since Carolina runs three forwards; I expect him to be primarily a post player.
- He is a high flyer, regardless of offense or defense he will embarrass someone with a dunk or a block.
- Hicks might be the one of the few players in the ACC athletic enough to semi-contain Parker (assuming Parker plays the four for Duke) . Parker is obviously going to get his, but I think Hicks stands a decent chance at limiting Parker's driving ability with his (Hicks) quick feet and long arms (as well has his athleticism).

I don't know that he will see the floor much, he is basically the same player that Johnson is.

#3 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,156 posts
  • Location704

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:05 AM

Lol

#4 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,570 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:23 AM

I don't know that he will see the floor much, he is basically the same player that Johnson is.

I agree somewhat, but he seems to be more athletic and is obviously more bulkier than B.J. Unless Brice puts on weight, he might struggle; he's just not the player than Henson was. I'm actually really high on Hick's. I think he will be a solid two-way player.

#5 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,156 posts
  • Location704

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:26 AM

Hicks will certainly have the opportunity to receive plenty of PT especially when we get down the stretch into ACC play.

Love the potential for our rotation this year.

#6 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:18 AM

I agree somewhat, but he seems to be more athletic and is obviously more bulkier than B.J. Unless Brice puts on weight, he might struggle; he's just not the player than Henson was. I'm actually really high on Hick's. I think he will be a solid two-way player.

If you look at both their strengths and weaknesses they are the same. Strengths: athleticism, and runs the floor well. Weaknesses: strength and post play. BJ is 6'9" 195 and Hicks is 6'8" 205.

#7 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,570 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:57 AM

If you look at both their strengths and weaknesses they are the same. Strengths: athleticism, and runs the floor well. Weaknesses: strength and post play. BJ is 6'9" 195 and Hicks is 6'8" 205.

They both have the same weaknesses, but I believe Hicks' aren't as prevalent as BJ's. Just from watching a few of his games it looks like he tries to find his game instead of looking for the game to come to him ala BJ.

Also Hicks doesn't have to be a scorer, especially if the Heels land Wiggins. If the ol' ball coach pulls a trick out of his hat then Hicks (if he starts) would be the last scoring option on the floor. I really like Hick's for his speed, agility, and defense. If he can hold Parker to 15 instead of 25, then the Heels are in business.

#8 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,433 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:11 PM

Don't be dumb. He will get a lot of playing time. You don't bring in this big of a recruit and sit him the whole season unless you are red shirting him, which they aren't. Also, Roy rotates his players in and out a lot so he and BJ will get a lot of PT.

#9 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:18 PM

Don't be dumb. He will get a lot of playing time. You don't bring in this big of a recruit and sit him the whole season unless you are red shirting him, which they aren't. Also, Roy rotates his players in and out a lot so he and BJ will get a lot of PT.

A lot of playing time? Come on BJ was only on the court for 10 mins per game, I could see Hicks getting something like that but that is not what I consider a lot of PT.

#10 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 4,986 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

Hicks will play and play often unless Roy wants to screw up half of a season again

#11 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,378 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:12 PM

UNC will either have to slow it down and play Meeks a bunch (not likely to start off with) or go smallish again and go with a lineup of

Paige, McDonald/Tokoto, Hairston, Hicks, McAdoo. If the Heels get Wiggins then they'll go with a bigger lineup because of Wiggins, but still smallish in the paint with Paige, Hariston, Wiggins, Hicks, McAdoo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com