CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,446 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:54 PM

Link: http://www.rantsport...gins-on-monday/

The good news just keeps on piling for the North Carolina Tar Heels. It appears as though Roy Williams will be meeting with Andrew Wiggins on Monday to discuss his possible future with the Heels. Even if that future only lasts one year, which it most likely will.

Williams has already put together a solid recruiting class that includes Kennedy Meeks and Isaiah Hicks. Wiggins would just be the crown jewel; don’t count Williams out either, he recently successfully recruited the nation’s number one player (Harrison Barnes).

Tar Heel Nation will now all collectively hold their (our) breaths.

#2 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,330 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:04 AM

Despite what some on the UK forums are saying, I've heard some good things on this front. Then again it's all speculative at this point with Wiggins, no one knows anything really. I don't think that Wiggins would've asked for Roy Williams and the Heels to recruit him and then have a meeting this late in the go of things if he wasn't high on UNC.

#3 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:29 AM

Despite what some on the UK forums are saying, I've heard some good things on this front. Then again it's all speculative at this point with Wiggins, no one knows anything really. I don't think that Wiggins would've asked for Roy Williams and the Heels to recruit him and then have a meeting this late in the go of things if he wasn't high on UNC.

He supposedly met with Hamilton Wednesday (Florida State) and will meet Self (Kansas)... Kid is doing his homework on all of the choices so... Really this tells us nothing lol

#4 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:35 AM

http://www.rantsport...k-well-get-him/

Supposedly Meeks was recruiting hard during the All Star games

#5 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,330 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:40 AM

He supposedly met with Hamilton Wednesday (Florida State) and will meet Self (Kansas)... Kid is doing his homework on all of the choices so... Really this tells us nothing lol

I didn't say that it did mean that much, I said I was hearing some good things. The most telling part of his whole recruitment was asking schools to recruit him that weren't doing so very heavily. The meeks recruiting at the All Star game is also a plus.

#6 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 4,745 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:51 AM

Yeah he's met with/meeting with everyone on his list, not just UNC.

I still think he goes to FSU, but Bullock leaving has made things interesting for UNC.

#7 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,446 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:26 AM

With Bullock gone, I see Wiggins committing to UNC.

Roy's pitch: look I know you're a one and done and with Reggie gone, you get all the playing time you want and have the chance to win a championship.

I really think Reggie's departure drives Wiggins to UNC.

#8 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:33 AM

Yeah I think Bullock leaving bumps us up a bit. I really don't think Roy would have started Wiggins over Bullock or Hairston, but now Hairston can slide to the 2 spot and Wiggins could play the 3. Still don't think we get him (but I didn't think we'd get Barnes either).

#9 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:26 AM

Twitter saying he's cancelled all visits EXCEPT to Kentucky.

Told ya he would be going there! Money talks baby!

#10 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,446 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:24 AM

Your info is a little eschewed... first off, he didn't have a meeting scheduled with Cal this week. Secondly, he canceled UNC's be because he is stuck in Portland (flight delayed), he canceled his visits to Kansas and FSU because he is tired from all the all-star games and wants to rest. Finally, he is scheduled to meet with all coaches on the phone this week.

The great minds in college basketball are saying he is far from making a decision yet.

#11 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:30 AM

What info? I am relaying what I read on twitter from the NCAA beat writers and insiders like Jeff Goodman from CBS. He is the person who reported this.

You can ask BCD about this, I've been saying for months now that AW is going to Kentucky.

I've also read some of the new info from a boards and beat writers and the info "leaked" now from Wiggins' circle is that the kid is exhausted.

If it's this frustrating for some fans, imagine how these coaches feel. wow.

#12 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:05 PM

http://www.cbssports...etball/22115970

#13 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:39 PM

Kind of makes it look like he's going to Kentucky.

#14 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:41 PM

What info? I am relaying what I read on twitter from the NCAA beat writers and insiders like Jeff Goodman from CBS. He is the person who reported this.

You can ask BCD about this, I've been saying for months now that AW is going to Kentucky.

I've also read some of the new info from a boards and beat writers and the info "leaked" now from Wiggins' circle is that the kid is exhausted.

If it's this frustrating for some fans, imagine how these coaches feel. wow.

This is clearly good news for BBN and Calipari since he got the last "in home visit". If Cal does get Wiggins, landing Randle and Wiggins at the end would be an amazing feat.

#15 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:59 AM

Wiggins should just go to Europe. He can sign a 100 million dollar shoe deal, get better coaching against better competition, and would still be the #1 pick next year if he stays healthy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.