Photo
- - - - -

Good read on Steve Smith (via Reddit)

Steve Smith

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#13 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:04 PM

I've read better prose on the back of a shampoo bottle, but it's cool to see him getting props

Isnt that the one where the guy says he hadnt slept and/or was impaired at the time he wrote it?

#14 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

HUDDLER

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

This is not a knock on Delhomme, but imagine if smitty had Brady, favre or manning in his prime... He would've gotten much more attention than he does now, would probably be a hall of famer already.. but I think once cam gets it all together smitty will have one more season for the ages. *at least that's what I keep telling myself*

. . or he could have blew out his knee in the first game with Brady given that thats how random probabilities work. :)

Im just grateful everything he's done.

#15 Gabeking

Gabeking

SUPPORTER

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

. . or he could have blew out his knee in the first game with Brady given that thats how random probabilities work. :)

Im just grateful everything he's done.

So am I, He's my favorite player ever and he's a HoFer in my book, and was seifert's only major positive contribution to this franchise, lol

#16 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Gonna live and die as a faithful Panther Fan

HUDDLER

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

He is going to be a HOFer regardless of his fights with Lucas and Bright. Most voters may hate him but there is no doubt they respect him. I think when his career is over and he waits his 5 years the triple crown will have more weight. Teams still fear him and ALWAYS know where he is.

If the barred every fighter or tough guy from the HOF the hall would be half full.

Smitty will be an icon in Charlotte like Unitas was in Baltimore.

#17 Toundra

Toundra

100% French meat

SUPPORTER

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:59 AM

Smitty is just the best as a player and a man.

#18 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:49 AM

It really is too bad Smitty had to play most of his career on a team that would rather run than pass, and, for whatever reason, failed to give him a QB capable of utilizing his skills to the fullest. As exciting as Smitty has been, it could have been so much better. As much as I love Smitty. I have to believe the numbers are just not there for the HOF. YET. ...................................IMO, he needs 1or 2 more very good years to go with 1 or 2 good years to have a shot. Which is very possipable. He needs to separate himself from some of these kids, so when he hangs em' up his numbers will speak as well as the play. Or at least that is what I think I am thinking.