Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NBA Playoffs Rd 1: (2) San Antonio Spurs vs. (7) Los Angeles Lakers

NBA Playoffs   12 votes

1. 1. Who will win?

• San Antonio Spurs
    • Los Angeles Lakers

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

46 posts in this topic

Posted

lol at all the Lakers homers.... have you not watched all season? Spurs win this easy in 5 or 6. Even if they had Kobe but without Kobe? haha

lol at all the Lakers haters...

what's your point?

Posted

Not a hater but I can see what the Lakers are... They struggled all season, it took them till the last game of the season to clinch a playoff spot and now people think they are gonna just turn it around and beat a very good Spurs team. people act like the Lakers players are all in their prime, maybe Dwight but the rest are all past their glory days (except maybe Kobe) he doesnt seem to worry about age lol

Posted

Being realistic I don't think that the Lakers will beat the Spurs without Kobe. With Kobe? I think that we actually had a good shot at it as we had been playing .700 ball for awhile.

I still hold out hope and expect to win every game, however lol.

Posted

Gettin' late down by 12.

Best bring Goudelock in for some 3s.

Posted

uh that time out is too late Antonni.

Posted

Down 0-2 and with a back court of a 50% Nash and Morris it's time to start pondering who's gonna get amnestied.

Kobe, Pau, Artest or Blake?

Posted

Kobe initiates amnesty on himself

Trade Pau for Love

Kobe comes back at vet minimum and will make 100 million in endorsements.

Posted

Laker fans need to stop acting a fool.

Seriously, the Lakers have been hit with a historic amount of injuries this season. Next season will be much better. Unfortunately I am not sure that Pau will be back or that Nash will still be here.

Posted

The players are not the issue. I've said it before and will say it again, Mike D'antoni should have never been the coach of this team over Phil Jackson. Jim Buss has to go.

The fact remains that this team is about to blow up in Jim Buss' face.

Posted

Kobe initiates amnesty on himself

Trade Pau for Love

Kobe comes back at vet minimum and will make 100 million in endorsements.

If you amnesty a player I dont think you can sign him for a year. How big are Buss' balls?

Posted

LA should amnesty Kobe, that would IMMEDIATELY give them a ton of cap space. And its not like people wont wanna play for the Lakers. I dont think they have the balls to though. He sells a lot of jerseys for them and is their main draw into Staples. Take that away and fans will be hot. But at some point LA is gonna have to REBUILD. There's no easy outs or fixes anymore. Its basically like the 90's again when Jerry West as GM had to construct the Lakers again when Magic & Worthy retired.

Posted

LA should amnesty Kobe, that would IMMEDIATELY give them a ton of cap space. And its not like people wont wanna play for the Lakers. I dont think they have the balls to though. He sells a lot of jerseys for them and is their main draw into Staples. Take that away and fans will be hot. But at some point LA is gonna have to REBUILD. There's no easy outs or fixes anymore. Its basically like the 90's again when Jerry West as GM had to construct the Lakers again when Magic & Worthy retired.

What if - and this is a big 'if' - in 2014 LeBron James opts out of his contract with Miami and he signs with the Lakers?

Combine LeBron James and Dwight Howard at the heart of the team and that could be a dynamic duo for the Lakers going forwards. All they'd need to do is make sure they have talent surrounding them. That's one way to quickly replace Kobe if he retires at the end of 2014, replace him with LeBron.