Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

King Taharqa

NBA Playoffs Rd 1: (2) San Antonio Spurs vs. (7) Los Angeles Lakers

NBA Playoffs   12 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• San Antonio Spurs
    • Los Angeles Lakers

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

46 posts in this topic

Oh yeah, pretty sad the ref ran D12 for that, not that it makes a difference.

fans come to see players, not refs.

Well Lake Show, Southern Cali residents, Laker fans, looks like you've come to the end of the road. Spurs maulin yall in Staples right now.

It's been an interesting season to say the least.

What did Morris just get teed for?

[email protected] deciding to make a cameo soon as Dwight gets tossed.

[email protected] deciding to make a cameo soon as Dwight gets tossed.

Might be the last time the Lakers fans have a chance to acknowledge Kobe while he's still a Laker.

LA aint amnestying Kobe. Laker fans would riot, it'd be Rodney King all over out there. Kupchek and Jimmy boy aint got the balls to do that.

LA aint amnestying Kobe. Laker fans would riot, it'd be Rodney King all over out there. Kupchek and Jimmy boy aint got the balls to do that.

Most likely not.

But you just heard the 80 million luxury tax number they're looking at .

Kobe is not going to be ready to play by October. If they amnesty him they pay him 30 million to rehab a year. Then he decides where to play, LA or otherwise.

Pau is going to be traded, D12, either he signs early no BS or he's gone and the Lakers have his cap number.

Either way inside a year the Laker roster will be completely different.

I have full confidence that Kobe will be ready to start the season. I don't know why some of these Laker fans are panicking tbh. We were like 27-12 to end the season and that was with half the roster not healthy. I'm not saying that if we go into next season with the same roster, but healthy that we are winning it all (obviously some big changes will be needed). What I am saying is that we aren't going to be far off from it assuming we are able to make a few key moves.

Panic?

Calculated moves.

Fair point. I do think that if LeBron stays in Miami he could establish a legacy for himself there like Jordan did in Chicago. If all goes well they could end up winning a number of championships under the big three if all goes well. This year they should land their second, and they will be favorites in 2014 as well and beyond unless something changes the landscape. So I do agree with you that LeBron can establish his legacy with Miami; but at the same time, if by 2014 he has won three rings, then he might decide to go and join another team.

There's a chance he might want to go back to Cleveland to bring a championship to them. I mean, by 2014 he'll have at least one ring if not three. So he might go back to form a dynamic duo with Kyrie Iriving, or form part of a big three if Cleveland land another superstar talent either in the draft or free agency. It might be a fitting way to end his career if he brought home at least one championship to Cleveland.

I do feel that the Lakers might appeal to him because he could make a lot of money. If the guy already has up to 3 rings by the end of the 2014 season, then he might decide to go for money. Kobe is set to earn $30 million from the Lakers excluding endorsements and his brand. If Kobe retired/was amnestied, then signing LeBron in 2014 would fill a huge void for the Lakers, and in turn that could potentially be LeBron's best (last?) chance to sign a monster deal from a team that will be desperate to sign a player of his calibre. Also, factor in joining one of the biggest markets and that would help boost LeBron's brand and endorsements. He might never end up on their top five players of all time list, but he could certainly earn himself a lot of money by joining them.

However, I do agree with you that the Lakers should target some young star players like Jennings, Iriving or Wall if they are available at the right price. With a star PG and the best center in the league they could form a very solid base to build their next great team. But I still think that they will pursue LeBron if he opts out, and if he does, I wouldn't be shocked to see him go for the most money.

I am trying to understand why you think LBJ would go back while Dan Gilbert is the owner.... I thought they left on nasty terms

Instead of using the amnesty on Kobe, the lakers could probably trade Pau for a cheap young player on a team with cap space, then amnesty Metta and save about the same amount of money