Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KendrickPanther

Let's get this Party Started. How do we Beat Seattle?

137 posts in this topic

or maybe he just thinks that based on history that shula is a hack with a proven track record of failure as a playcaller and provides no reason for confidence other than the whole continuity and cam likes him thing (which does nothing to take away concerns that he's a bad playcaller/offense manager).

I know it sounds cliche to say score more points than them, but Gettleman could essentially create one of, if not the most dynamic offense's in the NFL if he decide's to go offense with the first two picks.

Picture this...

QB - Cam Newton

RB - DeAngelo Williams, Jonathan Stewart

FB - Mike Tolbert

WR 1 - Steve Smith, Domenik Hixon

WR 2 - Brandon LaFell, Teddy Ginn Jr.

Slot - Tavon Austin

TE - Greg Olsen, Gavin Escobar

That offense could put up 28 a game in my opinion...

I like it!

or maybe he just thinks that based on history that shula is a hack with a proven track record of failure as a playcaller and provides no reason for confidence other than the whole continuity and cam likes him thing (which does nothing to take away concerns that he's a bad playcaller/offense manager).

That entire belief and evaluation was based on a season over a decade ago.

Hey I heard Tavon sucked when he played peewee football. Better not draft him.

That entire belief and evaluation was based on a season over a decade ago.

Hey I heard Tavon sucked when he played peewee football. Better not draft him.

it's also including the time he sucked as a playcaller when he was coach at alabama.

tavon has had success there as a player. if he never proved to be better at his job, then i would have no problem drafting him.

the problem with shula since you aren't understanding it is as a playcaller....he's sucked when he had the job. there has been no success to go on. at all. only a track record of failure. not sure why that's so hard to understand why some would have a problem with it and aren't expecting great things.

i hope he'll be better. i'm not counting on it, tho. until he can prove that he doesn't suck as a play caller and doesn't take forever to get the play to the field, his history in that role is all there is to tangilby go on.

I just meant in general, not exclusive to this thread.

I just meant in general, not exclusive to this thread.

oh.

well, isn't it obvious? he's a troll. the huddle is his domain that he created for his trolling pleasure.

duh....

Sometimes I think Zod just stirs up controversy so that this website gets more hits=more money for him. Just a thought.

just figure that out? LOL

just figure that out? LOL

Nope just the first time ive posted it.

Don't forget about Marshawn Lynch. Plus now they have Percy Harvin. Seattle is a well coached team. With these two plus Wilson (if he is able to scramble and make good decisions) they are going to be difficult to beat. The NFL didn't do Pete Carroll any favors by sending he and his boys to play what would be like a 10 AM game to them in week 1. Plus jet lag traveling east. They came here last year and barely squeaked one out when our offense was at its worst. Should be a pretty even match considering...

I really feel like RR will have his guys ready to play week one this year. Its pretty clear that we needs a decent first month for him to keep his job for the long haul. Players (and fans) don't want that stinging feeling they had last year when we didn't show up vs. TBay and still only lost by 6 on the road. It was a disgusting loss and I feel like everyone will be on board with the plan to avoid such a fate this season.

I think we will give Seattle our best. Of all of the home games I see on the schedule, this is the one I'd most like to attend. Won't happen...but would like...

Don't forget about Marshawn Lynch. Plus now they have Percy Harvin. Seattle is a well coached team. With these two plus Wilson (if he is able to scramble and make good decisions) they are going to be difficult to beat. The NFL didn't do Pete Carroll any favors by sending he and his boys to play what would be like a 10 AM game to them in week 1. Plus jet lag traveling east. They came here last year and barely squeaked one out when our offense was at its worst. Should be a pretty even match considering...

I really feel like RR will have his guys ready to play week one this year. Its pretty clear that we needs a decent first month for him to keep his job for the long haul. Players (and fans) don't want that stinging feeling they had last year when we didn't show up vs. TBay and still only lost by 6 on the road. It was a disgusting loss and I feel like everyone will be on board with the plan to avoid such a fate this season.

I think we will give Seattle our best. Of all of the home games I see on the schedule, this is the one I'd most like to attend. Won't happen...but would like...

Seattle won't be easy as their defense is very good. Still, Wilson is a poor man's Cam and if there is any team ready to play against the read option, it should be us. Cam just needs to play better than Wilson and we will win.

You guys are right.

Just by getting older the last 5 years he is instantly better at play calling and game planning. I mean, there is a huge different between a 42 year old and a 47 year old. He was just a kid!

Some of you seem absolutely certain he has improved a great deal, which is insanity.

I can admit I am not 100% positive he will stink it up, all I can go on is his resume, (I know some of you choose to completely ignore it. I doubt you have actually done any hiring in your life)

1996-1999 OC of the Bucs. One of the worst NFL offenses in the league. Could not move ball inside red zone. (OMGZ it was the players fault!) - Fired

2000 - 2002 QB Coach of Miami Dolphins thanks to the Don making a phone call.

2003-2006 Alabama Head Coach went 6-6 in his final year when generally people expected at least 9 wins. Could not move ball inside red zone. Fired. (OMGZ it was the players!)

2007-2010 - Jax QB coach - Does a solid job with Garrard

2011-2012 - QB coach Carolina,does a solid job with Cam.

Looking at his past I see a guy that is a great talent at QB coaching. One on one communication and encouragement. It is, however, a completely different skill set than offensive coordinator.

Then I ask myself a few more questions...

1) Was Shula in the running for any OC job in the league including one that Chud may have open in Cleveland? No

2) Were the Panthers quick to promote him as the obvious choice to replace Chud? No

So why was he hired? I feel he was hired as Rivera's last ditch effort as a winning season. We all know he is fired if they do not win this year. His choice was a) risk a slow start with a brand new OC or B ) promote from within system and hope for the best. He chose B. Can't blame him really. So who on his staff would need the least amount of time adjusting to being an OC? Well, the guy that has done it before, even if he failed at it.

Will Shula be a failure as OC of the Panthers? Dunno

Will Shula be an awesome OC of the Panthers? Dunno

If you had to wager your life on either of these, which would it be? Sadly, based on all this info, I would have to choose the former.

<derp>OMGZ, Zod is sucha troll! he just wants teh hits< /derp>