Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Let's get this Party Started. How do we Beat Seattle?

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#91 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

The QB coach typically does relay the play call to the QB. But saying that has helped him be a better OC is like saying relaying the order to the kitchen makes a waitress a better chef.

#92 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,200 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

No actually Shula was the guy in Cam's mike while Cam was on the field not Chud.
And don't take this the wrong way but I take his assessment with a lot more credence than yours which I take with a very small grain of salt since you have no knowledge of the situation as all.

that's fine. and i'll take mine until i see otherwise.

and who was calling the plays? shula or chud? who was running the offense? that wasn't shula, was it?

#93 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,042 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

The QB coach typically does relay the play call to the QB. But saying that has helped him be a better OC is like saying relaying the order to the kitchen makes a waitress a better chef.

Your example is ridiculously inadequate. What is closer to the truth is like saying that after you are an unsuccessful master chef, then go for 10 years working for several other master chefs learning all his techniques, then you are qualified to go out and get another shot at being a master chef yourself. Particularly at a restaurant that you have worked as an assistant chef for the past 2 years and were involved in every aspect of the operations. So when the master chef goes elsewhere, you are promoted.

#94 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 17,042 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:39 PM

that's fine. and i'll take mine until i see otherwise.

and who was calling the plays? shula or chud? who was running the offense? that wasn't shula, was it?

Again I understand that Shula was relaying in the plays and was intimately involved in developing the game plan and what plays would be called. Can't do much more than that without being the OC.

#95 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:48 PM

Your example is ridiculously inadequate. What is closer to the truth is like saying that after you are an unsuccessful master chef, then go for 10 years working for several other master chefs learning all his techniques, then you are qualified to go out and get another shot at being a master chef yourself. Particularly at a restaurant that you have worked as an assistant chef for the past 2 years and were involved in every aspect of the operations. So when the master chef goes elsewhere, you are promoted.

Shula wasn't in the kitchen.

#96 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:50 PM

Again I understand that Shula was relaying in the plays and was intimately involved in developing the game plan and what plays would be called. Can't do much more than that without being the OC.

Initimately involved in game planning? Never heard a word of that until after he was promoted. Funny how it was never mentioned over the past 2 years.

#97 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 17,042 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:52 PM

Shula wasn't in the kitchen.

Of course he was in all aspects of the kitchen operations. He didn't supervise the kitchen but saw how to do it at several restaurants. He was the main cook under the master cook's direction.

#98 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,200 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

deciding on the plays. one of the big criticisms that there was of shula back when he actually had the job was in the amount of time it took for him to get the play to the field. his decision making process was slow. unless you heard something i didn't, it was chud running the offense on game day. it was him deciding what to run.

i have heard the relaying of plays job before since you mentioned it, but as far as actually calling the plays....that was all chud.

#99 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 17,042 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

Initimately involved in game planning? Never heard a word of that until after he was promoted. Funny how it was never mentioned over the past 2 years.

Why would they tell us he was or wasn't? I suspect it was inferred that the quarterbacks coach who develops your starting quarterback would be involved in game planning since he sits in on all these meetings every week. Do you think the linebacker coach or the defensive backfield coach is involved in developing the defensive gameplan? Has it been discussed to this point? Does that mean they aren't?

#100 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

Of course he was in all aspects of the kitchen operations. He didn't supervise the kitchen but saw how to do it at several restaurants. He was the main cook under the master cook's direction.

You are reaching.

I hope he does well. I think we all do. But given he has failed every time at anything more than a positions coach some of us are skeptical.

Would Shula be getting any looks at being an OC for another team this offseason if Chud stayed? Of course not. Why is that do you think?

There is far more reason to be skeptical than optimistic about Shula. All of us skeptics hope we are wrong, however.

#101 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 17,042 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

deciding on the plays. one of the big criticisms that there was of shula back when he actually had the job was in the amount of time it took for him to get the play to the field. his decision making process was slow. unless you heard something i didn't, it was chud running the offense on game day. it was him deciding what to run.

i have heard the relaying of plays job before since you mentioned it, but as far as actually calling the plays....that was all chud.

Did they even have helmets mikes in 1999? I don't remember....... Rivera said he was involved, Chud said he was involved, so who are we to believe?? Good or bad he has been an OC before. He certainly has earned the right to do it again in most everyone's mind associated with making the decision. Can we give him a chance before we go on and on for pages about what happened over a decade ago?????

#102 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

Why would they tell us he was or wasn't? I suspect it was inferred that the quarterbacks coach who develops your starting quarterback would be involved in game planning since he sits in on all these meetings every week. Do you think the linebacker coach or the defensive backfield coach is involved in developing the defensive gameplan? Has it been discussed to this point? Does that mean they aren't?

It does not infer he was active in anything but coaching up the QB and preparing him for the game.

I have never heard of him contributing to any game planning. Chud had his own system and did not game plan by committee.

#103 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 17,042 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:09 PM

It does not infer he was active in anything but coaching up the QB and preparing him for the game.

I have never heard of him contributing to any game planning. Chud had his own system and did not game plan by committee.

That isn't what Chud said in an interview earlier this year nor was it was Rivera said. I guess they are lying and you know better right??

#104 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 17,042 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:11 PM

You are reaching.

I hope he does well. I think we all do. But given he has failed every time at anything more than a positions coach some of us are skeptical.

Would Shula be getting any looks at being an OC for another team this offseason if Chud stayed? Of course not. Why is that do you think?

There is far more reason to be skeptical than optimistic about Shula. All of us skeptics hope we are wrong, however.

How many times has he been an OC for an NFL team?? Once?? I have heard people praise him for his job at Alabama. Lets ignore he was there while there were sanctions going on. Didn't he have a winning record??

#105 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:16 PM

That isn't what Chud said in an interview earlier this year nor was it was Rivera said. I guess they are lying and you know better right??

So the first mention of his amazing contributions to game planning were only after Chud left and Rivera was in a no win offensive coaching situation?

Sounds legit. He must have been a secret weapon. That explains why he is on no one else's OC list!

Mystery. Solved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com