• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,475 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:02 AM

http://profootballta...in-first-round/

Per Rapaport, the Vikings are targeting help at wide receiver and cornerback in the draft after two of their best moved on to Seattle in Percy Harvin and Antoine Winfield. A move up in the draft would likely be to target a wide receiver. West Virginia’s Tavon Austin could be a suitable replacement for Harvin if the Vikings can find a trade partner to deal with. Austin likely won’t be available by the time Minnesota drafts in the 20′s.
However, Rapaport suggested the Vikings may not be willing to part with their second first round pick to make the move. With needs at corner and linebacker, losing both first round picks to move up may prove too great a cost. Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te’o, Washington cornerback Desmond Trufant or Boise State cornerback Jamar Taylor could be possible fits for the Vikings at No. 25 overall.

I'd probably be happy to take their #23 and 2nd round pick for our #14 if Star isn't there.

#2 Dex

Dex

Knight of Sunlight

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,673 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:57 AM

I'd probably be happy to take their #23 and 2nd round pick for our #14 if Star isn't there.

Trade back get their first and 2nd. Get Cyprien, Sly and Justin Hunter. boom.

#3 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,475 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:41 AM

Yea, that'd be awesome.

#4 Panthersguru14

Panthersguru14

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:14 AM

Talk about a dream situation

#5 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,620 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:24 AM

Yep me too.We could get three starters versus two if our guy is gone

#6 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:35 AM

Minny wants a WR and us and Stl Louis are massive threats. Makes you wonder if all the convenient rumors about all the WR prospects swirling around can indeed be pinned on them.

#7 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:59 AM

That would be about the perfect draft. I don't know if I see Hunter falling to 44, but this would be nice.

#8 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,224 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:19 AM

That would be about the perfect draft. I don't know if I see Hunter falling to 44, but this would be nice.

Hunter is graded as a second round prospect, but he's going late first in my opinion. Kid has too many physical gifts to not go in the first. If he didn't have seemingly mental lapses during games where he gives up on routes, doesn't get past the sticks on third down, and drops incredibly easy balls he would be without a doubt the first Wide Receiver off the board. These lapses don't happen that often, but it happens enough to make you ask why. Still love Hunter as a prospect though, and if he somehow was there at 44 and we hadn't addressed WR in the first I feel like you HAVE to take him....

#9 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,947 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:13 AM

I'll take a damn 3rd.
But realistically could get their 1st and 2nd: Cyprien, Hunter, Brandon Williams

#10 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 5,145 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:20 PM

Would love it, and moving down only a few spots would probably be fine with Gettleman so we're not exchanging a dollar for 3 dimes as he said.

#11 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,429 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:42 PM

reminds me of the trade with the jets a few years back.

philly moves up from #25 and takes our #14 and 6th round pick and we pick up the #25, their 2nd rounder and a 5th rounder.

they got revis, we got beason and kalil in that trade. not too shabby, imo. also came out with CJ in the 3rd (of course jarrett with our original 2nd, but oh well).

i think we could do just as well with this draft, only we'd have a WR that was worth a crap.

#12 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 9,338 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

By the trade value chart

1.14 = $1,100

1.23 ($760) + 2.22 ($360) = $1,120

About as close to exactly even as you can possibly get but from what Gettleman said I doubt we're going to move off the 14 spot, either up or down.

#13 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,429 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:58 PM

By the trade value chart

1.14 = $1,100

1.23 ($760) + 2.22 ($360) = $1,120

About as close to exactly even as you can possibly get but from what Gettleman said I doubt we're going to move off the 14 spot, either up or down.

agreed, but it all depends on who he thinks he could land with that later first pick.

#14 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,509 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

If the Vikings move up it would be ahead of Tampa and Carolina so they can make sure they get Austin. Probably around the 10th pick.

#15 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:38 PM

Hearing if the Jets trade Revis to the Bucs... They're going to draft Geno with the 9th pick and Austin with the 13th so if the Vikings want Austin they better jump up higher than that but we could help them with their secondary though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com