That said its a way to waste 30 mins.
Lets you pick this upcoming years games and see how the playoffs line up.
from the author:
It's fairly beta, but it's usable right now. (Or until the server melts. Which it might.) Ugly pink header while it's beta-ish.
Written for Firefox. Tested in Chrome. Hopefully works in IE.
- To change weeks: Click a numbered button on the top of the page.
- To see a team's schedule: Click on the team in the standings.
- To pick games: Click a logo. Click again to undo.
- To pick a tie: Click the = between logos.
- Rankings update automatically.
- Tie breakers implemented all the way to Strength of Schedule.
- Tie breakers tested vs. 2012 season: passed 100%, including the complicated three way CAR-NO-TB tie that went all the way to common games.
- To save, copy the URL at the bottom of the page.
- To share, copy the URL, send URL to your friends/relative/cat.
- Rudimentary cookie-based saving, too. (For best results, copy the URL at the bottom.)
-- HTML is fairly giant-freaky-large-huge-humongous. Just realized that one. Needs a rewrite.
-- Giants logo isn't as good as the other ones. Couldn't find one that looks good on both dark and light backgrounds.
-- NFL tiebreakers assume all 256 games have been played. Tie-breakers may behave oddly with many unpicked games. (E.g., 1-0 division record beats a 0-0 division record.)
-- Tiebreakers may act REALLY weird when just a few games are picked. Pick more games, things will settle down.
-- No point-based tiebreakers; "coin flip" is actually "pick the abbreviation comes first alphabetically". Should not matter in over 99% of cases. (Tying conference AND common games AND Strength of Victory AND Strength of Schedule is extremely unlikely.)