Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My source has told me...

471 posts in this topic

Posted

That we will take Tavon Austin if he is available, and if he is not Kenny Vacarro is a very good bet.

As some of you know my source tends to be very reliable and I generally only make one of these every year around draft time. Last year I was told that we were deciding between Coples and Kuechly, and that Bruce Irvin would go in the first.

Also some things he has told me:

DJ Hayden will go in the top 15

EJ Manuel will go in the first round

Matt Elam should be the second safety off the board

Keenan Allen will not go in the first, Justin Hunter should go ahead of him

The Panthers are looking at Arthur Brown/Quinton Patton/Robert Alfrod/Eric Reid/Kawaan Short in the 2nd

Eddie Lacey probably won't drop to the 2nd

I personally think they also have to be targeting Jon Banks, Wreh Wilson, and Pugh out of Syracuse

Just throwing some things out there for you guys.

So basically what I am seeing

Austin > Vaccaro > Milliner > Fluker > Hayden > Warmack > Cooper > Jamar Taylor > Hopkins

Obviously Joeckel, Johnson, and Fisher are on there somewhere, but it is pretty much guaranteed they will be gone.

3 people like this

Posted

That we will take Tavon Austin if he is available, and if he is not Kenny Vacarro is a very good bet.

As some of you know my source tends to be very reliable and I generally only make one of these every year around draft time. Last year I was told that we were deciding between Coples and Kuechly, and that Bruce Irvin would go in the first.

Nice, I pretty much just posted that Vaccaro would be the pick if Austin didn't fall to them at 14.

Thanks for the information.

Posted

I would be very upset if they took Austin but I would be the first one to cheer him on down at Wofford.

Posted

But Wonderlic scores and height and Vaccaro is from a race that confuses Huddlers...lol

Vacarro and a WR or Austin and a CB in the first 2picks is the way..I hope your source is accurate.

Posted

God I hope we get Tavon, cuz I sure as hell don't want Vacarro. BTW, wouldn't we have took Barron before Keek and Coples?

Posted

Will be interesting to see how many calls Tampa gets if Austin is still around. Vaccaro might make Huddle melt down.

Posted

the good thing about taking Vaccaro is that safeties don't cost as much too re-sign....we got bills to pay with

Cam and Keeks.

Posted

I'll happily take Tavon Austin. Wonderlic scores be damned, I just made a 39 on my math exam...

1 person likes this

Posted

In Gettlesworth I trust

Posted

Wonderlic scores mean very little at pure skill positions. Ask Chris Gamble.

Posted

Did you hear anything from the team on the other early - mid first round WR in Patterson? I've still got him listed high on the Panther's board, but I think he's in a distant third or 4th place on it.

Posted

Enlighten me, why are people hating on Kenny? I don't know much about him.